Having some hiccups with my second grow, would love feedback (pics)

• Thread starter bravokillz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bravokillz

bravokillz

Hey guys,

The purpose of this thread is just to share how my second grow has been going (spoiler alert, not too well) and maybe get some feedback from more experienced growers.

/ *SETUP */
- 2 White widow plants
- 5 gallon fabric pots
- 3x3x6 grow tent
- 600W Mars Hydro LED
-fox farm ocean forest soil
-fox farm nutrient lineup
- 2 little desk style exhaust fans and little 1 desk style intake fan (just ordered a 4 inch exhaust fan (203cfm) with carbon filter, need to figure out what cfm for intake would be best)

So my first grow went AMAZING using basically this same setup however I have recently moved and had to move the grow tent in to the basement where I have been dealing with several issues. The main issues I've been experiencing are temperature and pests. I first put them in soil on July 8th and for about the first couple weeks they were experiencing low temps at night around 55 degrees. I noticed pretty quickly that the plant on the left was pretty stunted. For whatever reason the plant on the right seemed to fair better. About a couple weeks in I got a small ceramic heater that is hooked up to a device that monitors temp and turns on the heater when it gets too cold. I've been doing 75 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and 70 degrees at night. It seems to have been working pretty well although i'm not sure if it's going to be able to maintain temp in the winter. The pest issues have been a nightmare, I started noticing earwigs, Beatles and spiders inside of my grow tent and realized that the earwigs were eating my plants. To combat this I have sealed off any entrances and placed sticky traps all around the tent and inside as well. I sprayed my basement and the perimeter of my house. I also spread Diatomaceous earth inside the grow tent (bad idea because it was so messy) and outside of the tent. I ended up catching a lot of bugs on the sticky traps and I'm pretty sure that I caught the last earwig the other day that was living in the soil on the plant on the left. I am hoping that most of my pest issues are resolved, fingers crossed.

They are about 3 weeks out from being flipped to flower, I have been doing low stress training and I defoliated a little bit of the base of the plants to get some better airflow, nothing crazy though. I wouldn't consider it lollipopping. I am a little concerned about the root system because when I try to check the soil moisture on the one on the left it's pretty hard, i'm assuming roots.

I'm curious to see if anybody has any tips or advice for me. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys could give. I am not expecting a huge yield because of all the issues and was even considering maybe pulling them and starting over although they look like they are making a comeback, thoughts ? Will they produce enough weed to last me until the next grow ? Weed is too expensive out here ! :)

Thanks in advance !

Tentinside
Tentinside2
Tentoutside
Plants
bravokillz

bravokillz

The gnats you see on the Max catch strips are old, I did over water it a couple times but they have since all died and i'm not having anymore gnat issues. Also the grow is 100% legal

Last edited:
LiftedLabs

LiftedLabs

Maybe investing in a heat mat could make a worlds difference, if the ambient air in your grow space is harder to control maybe heating up your root zone could allow them to warm up and consume some of them nutrients a bit more sufficiently✌🏽🚀

bravokillz

bravokillz

Maybe investing in a heat mat could make a worlds difference, if the ambient air in your grow space is harder to control maybe heating up your root zone could allow them to warm up and consume some of them nutrients a bit more sufficiently✌🏽🚀
Great idea ! Thanks

LiftedLabs

LiftedLabs

Great idea ! Thanks
Also set pots in a couple black saucers, little easier to manage and collect your run off to see what your salt levels in your medium may be, some bugs can be attracted to heavier salt content keep them meds clean!✌🏽🚀

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
put the bags on something in between the bag and saucer for airflow, like golf balls.. etc

Top Bottom