Having trouble figuring this one out

• Thread starter hobEgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hobEgrow

New to growing, but not new to plants. I have spots showing up on 2 plants. One worse than the others. Im not seeing any signs of pests, and it doesnt look like any of the nutrient deficiency pictures or charts I've found. I have been monitoring par/dli levels closely and dli stays pretty close to 50. Temperature ranges between 73 and 77. Any ideas? It looks like the top layer of the leaf is being stripped but Ive looked at pest damage pictures as well and no luck.
Having trouble figuring this one out

H

hobEgrow

White powdery mildew is a possibility.
I looked into that but this is more like part of the leaf is being eaten. There is no powdery residue or anything like that unless this is an early sign. This started in between the veins and the leaf dries out as these pop up.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
What is vpd?
I wouldn't even worry about it, vapor pressure deficit. It is the potential for air to accept moisture. It's advanced, if you get really good and bored check it out. But if you are not seasoned enough to realize when the correct vpd will cause mold issues. It could ruin your grow easily

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I wouldn't even worry about it, vapor pressure deficit. It is the potential for air to accept moisture. It's advanced, if you get really good and bored check it out. But if you are not seasoned enough to realize when the correct vpd will cause mold issues. It could ruin your grow easily
Yeah man, dli, vpd and all of that stuff I don’t use. Only a ppfd meter when I’m laying out lights. I’m about keeping it simple.

H

hobEgrow

My meter does par and then converts it to dli but shows both. If i get into it more I may invest in a better meter.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What is vpd?
Vapor-pressure deficit (VPD) is a calculated value in kPa (kilopascal) that is derived from temperature and humidity and other factors, such as leaf temperature. Some environment controllers can use it as a trigger. My controllers can do it, but I use temperature and humidity triggers, instead. Either provides about the same level of control. It's good to understand VPD, though, because it is an indicator of a plant's ability to transpire. A VPD close to 1.0 is best for young plants. As plants mature, a higher VPD is better, but seldom higher than about 1.4, IIRC without looking at a chart. VPD only matters when the light is on.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
My meter does par and then converts it to dli but shows both. If i get into it more I may invest in a better meter.
If you really want to dig into something you can learn, look into soil micro biology it's fantastic, also botany specifically annual flowers, it's all good stuff. It will really open your eyes. If your a youtube person look up dr. Elaine Ingram

Shit will blow your mind. Anyways you seemed like someone who liked to learn so just showing you the door. I won't be sad if you never look at it either.
Just an option is all ✌

H

hobEgrow

I havent had time to finish but im a little past half way. So far there is a lot of good info and a lot to process. Im gathering two schools of thought from it. Either a sterile environment to start and precisely controlled, or let nature takes its course with some adjustments to keep all in harmony. Either way there is a lot of good info. Looking forward to finishing, and really thinking about a microscope now. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom