Hb 2629 Last Hope For Anything Good From Wa Rec Laws?

• Thread starter Growin Grass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Unfortunately it's completely under the radar so far.
Time to make another seemingly pointless call to reps...

Tried to copy and paste but it wasn't having it,
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2629&year=2015
The main point being anyone +21 can grow up six plants per household
7 to 18 is an infraction
19 to 40 is a misdemeanor
40+ is a Class C felony

Haven't read the fine print yet to see what bs they snuck into or maybe they're just planning on selling clones at $100 a pop and making it a felony to trade clones. Who knows...
Fucking tired of this state, if they try and get me to pay for Bertha when I didn't even have the option to vote recently to try and stop it, moving will become a very large priority for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Holy shit! So this is what @inthegorge was referring to, isn't it? A FELONY???

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Not sure read her most recent post and I didn't see anything about it
While I think six plants is a joke and making 40 a felony is harsh, at least growing will be legal for anyone +21 in the state which is better than anyrthing else they've done for marijuana reform in a long time

Edit just looked it up and any non medical non licensed cultivation is a class c felony as it stands now

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I know people will get mad at me for saying this but count yourself damn lucky to keep any grow rights at all.There are alot of people lobbying against this including the commercial side of the business that wants us to be forced to buy their shit product at outrageous markup.
The state,city and county are all lining up for tax money so they can increase their bloated retirement budgets and fritter the rest away and they cant get that money if you are allowed to grow your own.I think the numbers you posted are pretty reasonable for a START.As time goes on and people get more used to the idea of legal weed it will lose its stigma and we can make further adjustments as needed.
Californians should take notice and learn by watching the happenings in other legal states because its coming to us soon and anything could happen,not to mention the wrong person gets elected to the oval office and it could be game over for all of it.
If history is any indicator right at the end of alcohol prohibition was the absolute worst time as both sides went to war with each other until one finally defeated the other but alcohol had alot more people lined up behind it than MJ ever has.Its going to be an interesting few years.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I'm not really sure when it comes in affect, if it hasn't already, but medical will be limited to 4 plants with the current law unless you sign up with the state then you may have 6-15 depending on how much your doctor says you need all a bunch of crap. So yeah, this bill is in the right direction. I consider myself lucky because the cops in my neighborhood could give two shits if I grow one plant or twenty, medical or not, if it's small scale and your not being too dumb they'd much rather focus their efforts on our burglary and property crime issues.
I know people will get mad at me for saying this but count yourself damn lucky to keep any grow rights at all.There are alot of people lobbying against this including the commercial side of the business that wants us to be forced to buy their shit product at outrageous markup.
The state,city and county are all lining up for tax money so they can increase their bloated retirement budgets and fritter the rest away and they cant get that money if you are allowed to grow your own.I think the numbers you posted are pretty reasonable for a START.As time goes on and people get more used to the idea of legal weed it will lose its stigma and we can make further adjustments as needed.
Californians should take notice and learn by watching the happenings in other legal states because its coming to us soon and anything could happen,not to mention the wrong person gets elected to the oval office and it could be game over for all of it.
If history is any indicator right at the end of alcohol prohibition was the absolute worst time as both sides went to war with each other until one finally defeated the other but alcohol had alot more people lined up behind it than MJ ever has.Its going to be an interesting few years.

StickyBiz

StickyBiz

Good to see this in the Legislature. It might get passed if it stays under the radar, likely a few changes as that's what they like to do to feel important..., it'll get to something like this sooner or later, sooner the better.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not sure read her most recent post and I didn't see anything about it
While I think six plants is a joke and making 40 a felony is harsh, at least growing will be legal for anyone +21 in the state which is better than anyrthing else they've done for marijuana reform in a long time

Edit just looked it up and any non medical non licensed cultivation is a class c felony as it stands now
Right now I'd be SO happy to be able to cultivate 6, just for whatever. But now I'm confused, can you grow, or not?

Here in Cali, we're supposed to be able to grow but the legislature just passed a set of bills Gov. Brown signed off on and we are seeing a HUGE wave of bans. Some are "just" banning what's now being considered commercial cultivation, and the associated businesses. Others are banning all forms of cultivation and access. So much for 215.

Anyway, if you like I can link you to ITG's last post on the current state of commercial cultivation in WA. She's mad as a wet hen about how medical is going there, too.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

From my understanding in July they will start the registry.
Which might work out. They will limit the plant count per person. The grower can have 60 plants. Just need more cards in the garden.
It's going to raise the price for sure and those will be passed to the patients. That's the Shitty part.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Right now I'd be SO happy to be able to cultivate 6, just for whatever. But now I'm confused, can you grow, or not?

Here in Cali, we're supposed to be able to grow but the legislature just passed a set of bills Gov. Brown signed off on and we are seeing a HUGE wave of bans. Some are "just" banning what's now being considered commercial cultivation, and the associated businesses. Others are banning all forms of cultivation and access. So much for 215.

Anyway, if you like I can link you to ITG's last post on the current state of commercial cultivation in WA. She's mad as a wet hen about how medical is going there, too.

If it's in calling all experts I read it
I saw her complaining about medical. Where to start?

Okay so I have a recommendation from my doctor to use medicinal cannabis. I was allowed to have 15 plants with no more than 3 distinguishable leaves. I can go to dispensaries (The decent ones are disappearing quick) and donate for cannabis including ~10% sales tax.

Now (or in the near future I'm honestly not sure) I can only have four plants and three dried oz. UNLESS I register with the state in which case I can have six plants and eight(?) oz UNLESS my doctor says I will need more in which case I can have upto fifteen plants and sixteen oz.

Starting July 24(?) dispensaries will be regulated by the state (LCB) and will be required to charge a %37 excise tax (same as rec, yep you heard that right THIRTY SEVEN PERCENT TAX FOR FUCKING MEDICINE) and will not charge state or local sales tax.

The LCB (liquor and cannabis board) said it would favor law abiding medical dispensaries in place before 2013 for the licensing process yet there is a lawsuit being filed against the LCB stating they are actually favoring new businesses piggy backing off the rec system

I'm not as up to date as I should be, and not %100 sure on everything I just typed up, but that should sum it up pretty accurately. At this point I'm just going to do what I want to do and they can go you know what...

Edit: When I-502(legalizing rec cannabis) was drafted and being sold they told us it would not effect the current medical cannabis system in the slightest. What they didn't mention is that they would turn right around and draft 5052 and ram it right up our ass

Last edited:
StickyBiz

StickyBiz

July is when the basic medical plant number is 4 and dried flowers is 3 oz. The real problem with these numbers is that an experienced and good grower is going to be in violation even with just a couple in flower with the dried flower amount so low. Getting registered to have up to the 15 plants and 16 oz is the only legal compliant option and even that is going to take contortions to stay at or below numbers. So if one is probably going to be in violation either way, there will be lots of current growing patients that skip the registered part and keep doing their garden and minding their own business as they see fit to manage the legal risk. The proposed legislation makes a lot of sense.

Engineer21

Engineer21

Guys, wtf??? ae should all be glad that this is even being pushed and that this bill has made it this far. I just signed up on here just to comment on it. Yesterday was the first hearing >>>> http://www.tvw.org/watch/?eventID=2016021045
What pissed me off is that there were two other bill that are being pushed that I believe is like trying to bite that hand that feeds you. HB-2629 will let you buy seed, plant Cannabis, give Cannabis, etc. Look it up on the Washington state legislature website. Get involved in this shit so it gets passed. Let your friends know and tell them to get in on it so we can all call our representatives to tell them to support this bill. I been posting on Youtube, Reddit, Tumblr etc. You should do the same so we can all grow sweet cheeba.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Kinda got sidetracked
I'm bitching about what's happening to medical with already passed legislation, not this.
Thanks for the link
Certainly would love to see 2629 passed, They'll probably dislike something in it about the deliveries and vote it down is my guess. Or they'll be worried about people attracting thieves or what not.

Engineer21

Engineer21

Kinda got sidetracked
I'm bitching about what's happening to medical with already passed legislation, not this.
Thanks for the link
Certainly would love to see 2629 passed, They'll probably dislike something in it about the deliveries and vote it down is my guess. Or they'll be worried about people attracting thieves or what not.
Isnt the whole delivery deal just a pilot program? I think its HB-2368 http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2016&bill=2368 and which is scheduled for an executive hearing tomorrow at 9:30 am. Yo can watch it here on the House Committee on Commerce & Gaming section on here >>>> http://www.tvw.org/
HB-2629 is 25% through the process of being passed. Keep your fingers crossed, stay informed and alert your friends.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's in calling all experts I read it
I saw her complaining about medical. Where to start?
I liked that post, but only because of the time and effort you put into posting it. Not for the information held within. What. The. Everlovin'. Fuck? People are supposed to keep track of those conditions? And a 37% tax is INSANE! You can't even charge that much interest on a loan, it's usury!

Now I have to read the rest of the thread.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Oh and now that the Dept. of Health is in the recommendations game the price has effectively doubled to get and renew your recommendation.

So lets say I want to get my medical card ($120), and don't have the ability to grow nor know anyone to help me.
Thats $120 I have to pay that rec users don't

Rec custy pays %37 sin tax and <%10 sales tax
Med custy pays %37 sin tax and no sales tax

So the Med custy has to buy $12,000 worth of meds to even break the bank of the initial cost of the recommendation

And at the end of the year the richer Rec custies get to write off their sales tax...

Engineer21

Engineer21

Thats why I think HB-2629 must be supported. If anyone is allowed to grow up to 4 plants and share the flowers......come on!!!! Not only that, it will no longer be a crime to have excessive amounts of weed.

Engineer21

Engineer21

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that it had that much support. If you watch the who hearing you will see the chairman even saying that the language of the bill last time had issues. He said that he felt more comfortable with it this time.

Top Bottom