Headed Out Of Town.. Watering/help

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I'm in need of a few suggestions. My ladies have a few weeks left.. however I'm having to take a little trip which will really be only about 4 days total. My girls are indoor in soil & are taking water daily.

Any idea of what I can do to get them through the few days I'm gone & make sure they are ok? 3 of them are in 5 gal cloth pots & the other is in a 3 gal cloth pot.

Should I just drowned them really good until I go & let them dry out or should I water them real good & maybe let them sit in maybe a inch or somof water so they can drink via the roots??

Pics for attention

Headed out of town wateringhelp
Headed out of town wateringhelp 2
sixstring

sixstring

i would put some water in the tray they are in and they will be able to drink for a few extra days.i do it every time i leave town(prob once a month) water till runoff,fill trays with 1 inch,set timer to water 2 days later,im good for 5 to 6 days like this

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm also leaving tomorrow am, returning wed, then surgery Thursday and will not be able to get to my.grow until the following Monday.

My plan, I watered my bug plants last night very well, and plan on overwatering my solo cups tomorrow morning. Then repeat on Wednesday when I get back.

M

motz

I like to overwater from the top and I also have plant trays that are about 4" tall and I like to fill those up.
Usually good for 5 days max

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Well my girl only had those little saucers they sit on top of. I decided yesterday to drown them until water was running over the top of the saucers just to see how long it would last. I did that around 7pm. By noon today all of the water in the saucers was gone. I bought a little 3ft around plastic pool earlier this year for the dog to play in but we never used it. I checked a few minutes ago & although it's a little tight all 4 plants will fit in it inside the tent. I'm thinking since I'm only gonna be gone about 3 days I'll just cram them in the kiddie pool, water them heavy & leave about a couple inches of water in their for them. Then as soon as it get home I can pull them back out & give them back their room.

Anyone see where this could be a issue?

BudBogart

BudBogart

If you all can, put some pebbles at the bottom of your trays, fill water to top of pebbles. Put plants on pebbles. Absorption and evaporation without standing in water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom