Heading north...

• Thread starter RI Redneck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RI Redneck

RI Redneck

I'm a southerner moving to RI this summer, looking forward to getting cards for both me and my wife. I grew for 17 years, but have been unable to grow for about 12 years now. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

I am considering cultivating both my drawl and a new persona as a colloquialist, peppering my conversation with "That dog won't hunt," "It's gonna rain like a cow pissin' on a flat rock," "gol-darned" and the like. Perhaps take up wearing a feed store cap. I figure everyone is going to assume I'm an idiot because I have a southern accent, so I might as well mess with their heads...

My wife isn't impressed with my plan.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Play the idiot card youll fit right in. hahahah.

Peace,

Ham

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

Has anyone used 11th Street? Do they require appointments, or did you just walk in? Our first stop once we're there will be the DMV to get our RI credentials. Our second stop will be 11th Street...

L

loudiamond12

Will they give a card for a knee that required surgery from a motorcycle accident in 2008 and been having chronic pain ever since. A family member is curious and I told him I didnt know

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

Will they give a card for a knee that required surgery from a motorcycle accident in 2008 and been having chronic pain ever since. A family member is curious and I told him I didnt know

For 11th State, at least, they seem to want records of doc's visits, etc., dated within the past year (based on my phone calls with them). Pain from injuries sustained from car wrecks is specifically mentioned in the bill as a treatable condition, for what that's worth...

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

Just took my first legal bong hit in 33 years. Go, Rhode Island. I'm also looking for a caregiver now...

joehank

joehank

So how did your visit with them go? Cost? Did they ask alot of questions? And not to be too nosy, but what type of condition did you present to them? I have some recent xrays from a car accident that happened in 2001, broken bones and screws, etc.., still painful. Think it will pass?

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

Well, our visit went well, but it is for sure not a rubber-stamp operation. They're probably going to want to see something more recent than 2001, but you never know. I'd call and ask. One of the people I was talking to who worked there expressed amazement at the "number of 20 year olds showing up with a one-day old x-ray" and thinking they were golden...

I've got degenerative arthritis and other various problems in joints. I had x-rays, MRIs, and I went through PT for at least 12 weeks for every injury I was claiming, with the most recent batch ending just six weeks ago.

I have a bunch of friends in Cali with cards, let's just say that the process here is nothing like the one there...

joehank

joehank

glad it went well for you. My accident was in 2001, but I had new xrays taken last week because I get them done for free here while I'm deployed. It shows the screws and stuff still implanted. The doc that alot of RI people were going to a few years ago got his RI license revoked. He was making a killing, charging 300 per person, and had 10 to 15 people group sessions two times a week. How much was 11th State?

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

It's also $300 up front. I recommend telling them your situation over the phone and see what they say. Everyone was very friendly and happy to answer questions. Personally, I'd think you're ok, but obviously I know nothing about what they consider reasonable evidence.

You could also try contacting RIPAC for a doctor rec. There's a lot of pro/con discussions about them, so YMMV. I haven't interacted with them at all, other than be disappointed they don't keep their website up to date with public meeting announcements...

joehank

joehank

I went to a couple of their meetings in the past. Sometimes they raffle equipment and stuff, and people will bring in seeds or clones to trade or sell. Then people's house's started getting robbed and rumor was they were getting followed home from the meetings. I stopped going after that.

RI Redneck

RI Redneck

That sucks :( I guess I'm scratching "attend a RIPAC meeting" off of my to-do list. I really don't want to have to take active countermeasures just to hang out...

joehank

joehank

I just try to meet other RI's from this site to trade with. But either way you always gotta be smart about it. RI is such a small state that everyone knows everyone. That and the fact that most people use the same 3 major grow shops. I wouldn't be suprised if they were all being watched and getting lic plate numbers.
It's gonna be really interesting when the compassion centers open up soon.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Dude go to stores without fear. Go to RIPAC meetings without fear. Are you doing something worse than the next guy?

Every one is doing it,

Ham

Top Bottom