Healthy Plant?

• Thread starter W4ke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ive never used silica and dont see the need unless you are using large industrial grow lights, if you get that fan blowing right over the top of the plant where it slightly shakes the plant you can get those lights almost touching the plant with no problems. I plug a power strip into my timer and plug lights and fans into the power strip.

W

W4ke

welcome im new too trying to get my first grow under my belt.. my number #1 mistake.. over watering.. they really use so little water at this stage you would be amazed.
good luck, ill be following along as we both learn. :D

chris.
Happy growing!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Can i mix silica in my nute mix/cal-mag or should it be seperate with a ph balanced solution
Yes you can I mix silica in first than my base nutes if any silica raises the ph so adding nutes lowers the ph .

fatawa

fatawa

Silica is great,i use it too.never heard of it helping with heat tho..it makes the plant flexible to do training.the fan blowing heat down is yur issue not silica.but it is a great supplement

Bannacis

Bannacis

I have raised the humidity in my tent using a towel and a bucket of water.
put a bucket of water in the corner of tent, add water, dip towel into water and hang it above bucket.
the large area of wet towel will release more water into air. having bucket under towel will catch dripping water plus allow for easy soaking of towel.
It will raise the rh, But i having a strong exhaust will work against you...it will pull your moister out.
The fans should be circulating, not a steady blast in one direction. On stationary fans tape a piece of paper in front of fan.
With trial and error...cut to a manageable size and folding in some spots you can get the paper to flap around...which will create a random air current.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ive never worried about my humidity since I used a humidifier and got bud rot, and now without it my plants are perfectly happy with 40% humidity...
That said, a large tote filled with moistened perlite will release even more moisture into the air than a towell due to the large surface area of perlite rocks and their water retention properties.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
When you dont have two seperate rooms raising the veg tent humidity also raises the flower tent humidity. My plants never take more than a day or two to recover from heavy supercropping even with low humidity.

W

W4ke

Ive never used silica and dont see the need unless you are using large industrial grow lights, if you get that fan blowing right over the top of the plant where it slightly shakes the plant you can get those lights almost touching the plant with no problems. I plug a power strip into my timer and plug lights and fans into the power strip.
I got my whole set-up on a timer. Works out really well. Thanks

W

W4ke

I have raised the humidity in my tent using a towel and a bucket of water.
put a bucket of water in the corner of tent, add water, dip towel into water and hang it above bucket.
the large area of wet towel will release more water into air. having bucket under towel will catch dripping water plus allow for easy soaking of towel.
It will raise the rh, But i having a strong exhaust will work against you...it will pull your moister out.
The fans should be circulating, not a steady blast in one direction. On stationary fans tape a piece of paper in front of fan.
With trial and error...cut to a manageable size and folding in some spots you can get the paper to flap around...which will create a random air current.
I'm kinda scared to do the whole towel thing because of the electricity in my tent . Always been a worry wart about that kinda stuff. I under up going to a local store to get a humidifier. Seems to have increased my humidity level by 9%.

W

W4ke

Ive never worried about my humidity since I used a humidifier and got bud rot, and now without it my plants are perfectly happy with 40% humidity...
That said, a large tote filled with moistened perlite will release even more moisture into the air than a towell due to the large surface area of perlite rocks and their water retention properties.
Is it too late in the game to add 30% petite or should I not worry about it since my humid is around 40%?

W

W4ke

When you dont have two seperate rooms raising the veg tent humidity also raises the flower tent humidity. My plants never take more than a day or two to recover from heavy supercropping even with low humidity.
I'm doing kinda the same thing . House sitting a friend's plant for the time being until they get back so I'm trying to keep humidity around 40%

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Is it too late in the game to add 30% petite or should I not worry about it since my humid is around 40%?
If youre gonna transplant anyway might as well break up the root ball and shake out as much media as you can and add perlite to the new mix.

W

W4ke

Looks like all of the suggestions Ive been getting are working.
I've changed the fans to only blowing up and added a humidifier. Leaves don't seem to be tacoing anymore. Thanks for all the help . I'll continue to leave updates.
20170411 193509
20170411 193516

Bannacis

Bannacis

Usually not enough room in tent to place a large tote, that's why a towel. and this is for Veg not flower room.

fatawa

fatawa

I aint trying to b a thorn in yur side @bannacis,how did u get bud rot n veg?(u said it wasnt in flower rm)ive never heard of that.ive heard of root rot because warm water temps n hydro in veg.just trying to understand n learn myself.n if there n veg,how do u get bud rot cause u dnt hav buds n veg?i get almost 99% rh(nitetime)70ish%rh(daytime) n ive never had any kind of problems.in no offense a wet towel aint getting my rh numbers.not busting yur balls just trying to understand/learn brother

W

W4ke

Nice shade of green brother.not to dark not to light.i can c the top is slightly praying too.good luck

Thanks!
Ya it's slowely getting better color and uplifted with all the adjustments. Just need to set my 2 lights equal distance seems that the plant is leaning towards the right light
20170412 083006

W

W4ke

Usually not enough room in tent to place a large tote, that's why a towel. and this is for Veg not flower room.

I feel my grow room is small compared to most 2x2.5x4.11. I was still able to fit in a small humidifier which makes a world of difference. I heard the towel thing works really well.

Top Bottom