Healthy Soil Microbes, Healthy People

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

primary decayers?
Redwigglers, earthworms and all kinds of local insects go in aND out of there...I guess I'm just anxious to be able to use the DAMNED soil already! For shits and giggles would you mind suggesting some primary decayers and thank you in advance.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Last edited:
Ecompost

Ecompost

It's incredible, really. They said in that podcast that the network of roots and fungus resembles a human brain in its structure. Makes me want to try growing in beds instead of pots.

Edit:
The relationships between plants, fungus, etc. shows an intelligence we are just beginning to fathom. Anyone ever read a book called "botany of desire"? In it the author posits that instead of us using plants to help in our development and evolution, the plants are actually using us. Symbiosis is a hell of a thing.
if you want to know Mushrooms, I highly recommend Paul Stamets. The work he has completed to date is literally breath taking mate. Most everything I know is thanks to Paul.

otherwise this is a good place, http://ec.asm.org/content/5/4/613.full

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Paul Stamets
I cant wait to study the rest of these recent links, but i started with rhis one and i must say it is the best invested 30 min in a very long time thank...those bears though scratching the trees to help the mushrooms propogate...wow just wow and the immuno response, what a plethora of wisdom!

Ecompost

Ecompost

I cant wait to study the rest of these recent links, but i started with rhis one and i must say it is the best invested 30 min in a very long time thank...those bears though scratching the trees to help the mushrooms propogate...wow just wow and the immuno response, what a plethora of wisdom!
Yes sir, Paul is one of my heros. You can keep your sports stars and celebs, this guy is where its at. Him and his buddies are literally saving us all

Ecompost

Ecompost

I was also wondering about any possible links between VOCs and vibration as a communications mechanisms. Now that we know there are subtle chemical compounds being secreted every where, might it also be possible the ground dwelling plants secrete changes to forewarn beneficial grazers, as to the presence of a predator for example, or might this be solely based on the resonance of a lions paw on the earth, or the quick lifting of scent by the wind?? Perhaps as the grazer is typically head down in the fauna, are they also able to detect signals from plants, themselves connected by fungus that has already determined the state of the approaching biology, whose own continued survival depends on a ratio of herbivores whom go on in some kind of early warning system that might allow grazers crucial milliseconds to respond?? Is this a reason so many carnivore attacks are so unsuccessful? Is it a combination of factors that mean its never chance this live and die thing?
We know today that fish, and or perhaps a seal, can detect the presence of a bow wave from the shark about to take a bite and that this energy allows critical thinking time for the prey On land we know vibration plays a pivotal role in animal comms, but what else are we missing from a whole.
I am convinced just as plants secrete alkaloid defense for example in the case of aphid attack, and that this response is across the whole, so not just one plant will raise it defense, but all plants of the same type once they learn one of their own is under attack, that they also bring in the beneficials through the very same signaling pathways, and that this might extend to a form of protection, much like ants and aphids :) Are fungus insuring the continued survival of themselves through herbivores by forewarming them about the lion in the long grass?

So much going on, so little time to know for certain. man i need to also stop smoking LOL

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

I was also wondering about any possible links between VOCs and vibration as a communications mechanisms. Now that we know there are subtle chemical compounds being secreted every where, might it also be possible the ground dwelling plants secrete changes to forewarn beneficial grazers, as to the presence of a predator for example, or might this be solely based on the resonance of a lions paw on the earth, or the quick lifting of scent by the wind?? Perhaps as the grazer is typically head down in the fauna, are they also able to detect signals from plants, themselves connected by fungus that has already determined the state of the approaching biology, whose own continued survival depends on a ratio of herbivores whom go on in some kind of early warning system that might allow grazers crucial milliseconds to respond?? Is this a reason so many carnivore attacks are so unsuccessful? Is it a combination of factors that mean its never chance this live and die thing?
We know today that fish, and or perhaps a seal, can detect the presence of a bow wave from the shark about to take a bite and that this energy allows critical thinking time for the prey On land we know vibration plays a pivotal role in animal comms, but what else are we missing from a whole.
I am convinced just as plants secrete alkaloid defense for example in the case of aphid attack, and that this response is across the whole, so not just one plant will raise it defense, but all plants of the same type once they learn one of their own is under attack, that they also bring in the beneficials through the very same signaling pathways, and that this might extend to a form of protection, much like ants and aphids :) Are fungus insuring the continued survival of themselves through herbivores by forewarming them about the lion in the long grass?

So much going on, so little time to know for certain. man i need to also stop smoking LOL
Absoulutely, if you have time, I strongly believe you would enjoy a chinese documovie of the mong (mountain) people called "Wolf Totem" I see many parallels with the bears and bees only being one...enjoy.
Naz

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Yes sir, Paul is one of my heros. You can keep your sports stars and celebs, this guy is where its at. Him and his buddies are literally saving us all
So how or what can you share about ciradian rythyms and how they effect a grow? Possibly some human plant symbiosis furthering our connection. I mean ethnobotonist Terence Mckenna's theory of plants desiring human to existence in order to spread plant seed is making moreand more sense...with out entheogens

Naz

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I been building my soil for about four years now without any plants growing in it....any suggestions on a catalyst other then time and heat?
Why arent you using a cover crop such as any of the legume family. The microherd will do much better with some actively living roots in the soil while you are waiting. This is just a suggestion. But iffn I was you until I was ready to use that soil you've been building I would get some roots going. The list of advantages are endless.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, great article/interview to compliment the doc. What plants talk about.

So in essence, through epigenetics, PLANts can PLAN....wow, so, wait, hippie celestine prophecy type ish, is being backed by science....anyone read "The Celestine Prophecy"?
Mindblown nazarbattu vibe going down right now.
Read the Celestine Prophecy years ago. Have a copy in my library. I loan it out on a regular basis. :cool:

nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Read the Celestine Prophecy years ago. Have a copy in my library. I loan it out on a regular basis. :cool:
I hope when i try Dmt for the first time i see the exchange of energy between us and plants and animals and everything.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Be sure you have a sober tour guide when you do.............

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Im guessing my Godmother or one of my Grandfathers.
Naz
My buddies back in the day used to call me "Uncle" I was very adept at providing a safe mellow place and talk you down services if required. :) Never ever take the journey if you are not in a good place and in harmony with those around you. DMT is pretty intense. Thank the Creator it only last about 20-30 mins.

However a lot of enlightenment can occur in that brief flash of time. :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom