Heat Burned Tops

• Thread starter huma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

huma

Light was on for 2 hours without the exhaust running and the tent was hitting close to 150 degrees and burned the tops of all the plants. The burned tops are crispy but the thc crystals look intact. I have 2 questions.

Should I have removed the burned tops immediately or leave it until harvest? The burned areas happened at week 6 and I'm not sure if I impacted yield by leaving these areas alone through the end of flowering.

2nd question. Can the burned tops be smoked? Included photo of burned top after drying. Not sure if I should smoke it or trash it.

Heat burned tops
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

i would not smoke it but think u could and should of cut it off for sure when its as bad as it looks in the pic

hermit186

hermit186

Is easy take a blade and cut it down the main axes (in half long ways)
If the is rot is in the center eat it but do not smoke. It looks a bit like it was sprayed after 2nd week of veg to keep temp down but that just gets you mold.
There is a difference between the rot and mold some folks smoke moldy weed
when your 68 you will no why you shouldn't smoke it.

H

huma

Interesting responses. I don't think it's mold or bud rot. I've had bud rot before and it's kinda gooey and brownish. This is just crispy. When I cut the burned areas off, the center of the bud is still green. All the plants were fine until the high temp that burned it and it happened immediately. Whereas mold or bud rot develops over time and spreads.

hermit186

hermit186

Is easy take a blade and cut it down the main axes (in half long ways)
If the is rot is in the center eat it but do not smoke. It looks a bit like it was sprayed after 2nd week of veg to keep temp down but that just gets you mold.
There is a difference between the rot and mold some folks smoke moldy weed
when your 68 you will no why you shouldn't smoke it.

Sorry after 2nd week of flower

hermit186

hermit186

If it got hot enough to make crispy then you should not have to worry.
might get a cheep scope and look at it / I have one glued on an old Iphone
I take pictures of most and is good for bugs .
I like for looking at tricombs to.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Light was on for 2 hours without the exhaust running and the tent was hitting close to 150 degrees and burned the tops of all the plants. The burned tops are crispy but the thc crystals look intact. I have 2 questions.

Should I have removed the burned tops immediately or leave it until harvest? The burned areas happened at week 6 and I'm not sure if I impacted yield by leaving these areas alone through the end of flowering.

2nd question. Can the burned tops be smoked? Included photo of burned top after drying. Not sure if I should smoke it or trash it.
Dont trash it!!! Make some hash or dabs!!!

SeedyGirl

SeedyGirl

It looks scorched to me.
Cut it off and make butter. And get baking.
The heat for two hrs did that? Ouch.
Reminds me of the old days when I was in a tent w not enough height and too big of plants and too much light. and running my lights too hot and too close for my huge plants. Summertime my tops would get as pictured and u describe.
Cut it off and the growth below will be fine and fill out.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Please smoketh.............for me anyway, please smoketh.........
11040510 394658277392819 8933323976965363528 n

Top Bottom