Heat issue in 4x4 tents

• Thread starter Frostedbuddha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostedbuddha

Frostedbuddha

I currently have 2 4x4x7 tents, both with a single HLG 600H per tent. My tent temps are usually about 7-15 degrees above the ambient room temp. Each tent has a 6” ac infinity inline and a single 6” oscillating fan.
this is also with lights running at 30-40%. Would there be anything I can do to drop temps without getting an ac, I would need to seal and insulate the entire basement just for that to be possible. Looking for the easiest and most efficient way to cool down the grow tents with just air movement.

Frostedbuddha

Frostedbuddha

May I also add on the AC infinity controller tent one is at 10(full power) sitting 10 degrees above ambient, and sent to us at 8 (80%) with the same issue. If I increase one tents exhaust the other tent raises about 2-3 degrees

Frostedbuddha

Frostedbuddha

Add more air. Exhaust hose right above the back of the light. Air coming in from the bottom. Go 8" or dual 6".
When you say dual 6” do you mean two 6” exhaust or to have one as an active intake? Currently getting air in each tent by opening 1 Port and the little intake inlets on the side

Ponky

Ponky

I would use the duct ports and run a duct down to the lower portion of the tent. And have a exhaust hose in position right above the light. You could have one blowing air in and one sucking air out. Or both drawing negative pressure. Just reinforce the tent walls a bit. The more CFM the closer to the intake ambient temperature you can get. If you get a little handheld thermometer laser thing you can check leaf temps to make sure you're ok. Keep your probe in the canopy to track temps accurately. I have a 4x8 and it only needs an 8" duct fan to stay at 77F. It has two 600 watt air cooled in it. And stays zipped up. Has only one 6 inch air intake.

Frostedbuddha

Frostedbuddha

I would use the duct ports and run a duct down to the lower portion of the tent. And have a exhaust hose in position right above the light. You could have one blowing air in and one sucking air out. Or both drawing negative pressure. Just reinforce the tent walls a bit. The more CFM the closer to the intake ambient temperature you can get. If you get a little handheld thermometer laser thing you can check leaf temps to make sure you're ok. Keep your probe in the canopy to track temps accurately. I have a 4x8 and it only needs an 8" duct fan to stay at 77F. It has two 600 watt air cooled in it. And stays zipped up. Has only one 6 inch air intake.
Ive been playing around with my exhaust for a while now, I think my option is just to increase size. I have to run tent 2 exhaust through and out the top of tent 1 for right now a least unless there would be a better way for that. Ambient room temp is 75 grow tent is at 81 with lights at @40% and exhaust on full blast but since it’s led and not hps I’m guessing leaf temps are about 78-79 right now. It’s not a huge issue at the moment but once summer hits my intake temps can be all the way up to 80. Just increasing fan size or adding an ac to a basement that won’t even retain the temperature seems to be my only options.

Ponky

Ponky

Ive been playing around with my exhaust for a while now, I think my option is just to increase size. I have to run tent 2 exhaust through and out the top of tent 1 for right now a least unless there would be a better way for that. Ambient room temp is 75 grow tent is at 81 with lights at @40% and exhaust on full blast but since it’s led and not hps I’m guessing leaf temps are about 78-79 right now. It’s not a huge issue at the moment but once summer hits my intake temps can be all the way up to 80. Just increasing fan size or adding an ac to a basement that won’t even retain the temperature seems to be my only options.
Just go up to an 8" fan. Should move 40% more air. Personally I'm ignoring temperatures from now on.. when it's hot in the summer I just let it be hot. Had one of my best crops survive 5 days over 110F. And 85 the rest of the time. I simplify and use less data and it's made the hobby easier and less stressful.

growsince79

growsince79

Are you blowing the exhaust outside?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd like to run some ductwork between your tents and mine, once winter sets in.

Frostedbuddha

Frostedbuddha

Are you blowing the exhaust outside?
Yeah I am
Tent two goes carbon filter-inline-duct- to a y section in tent one
Tent one is carbon filter-inline- about like 4inches of duct work for the height difference - to that y section
Then everything gets shot straight outside

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah I am
Tent two goes carbon filter-inline-duct- to a y section in tent one
Tent one is carbon filter-inline- about like 4inches of duct work for the height difference - to that y section
Then everything gets shot straight outside
if your basement temp is hot its only taking hot air into the tent. need to get basement temp right first- would suggest a portable ac

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

ive got the same issue in my 4x4 . my tent gets too hot - but the room its in is hot as well. im going to have to get a ac in there

Top Bottom