Heat Kills

• Thread starter Fatty LIVES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Friggin Cali Sun is kickin the crap out of my plants. I got a tip to drench the ground around too and I think it's really helping.

week of 100+ weather and it's going into the hot season... yayyyyy! The dang girls wont even let me shade them without going into flower...

Hydro I turn plants Hermie
Soil I make em flower too early

Deep breath, lol

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Oh no bro that sucks! Have you tried taking screen material and making a kind of roof over them during the hottest parts of the day? That might help keep the girls cool without depriving them of the sun. Just a thought

BudBogart

BudBogart

Friggin Cali Sun is kickin the crap out of my plants. I got a tip to drench the ground around too and I think it's really helping.

week of 100+ weather and it's going into the hot season... yayyyyy! The dang girls wont even let me shade them without going into flower...

Hydro I turn plants Hermie
Soil I make em flower too early

Deep breath, lol[/QUOTE

We shouldn't have to shade cannabis even on a hot day.
Consider applying a mulch over the ground. This helps retain moisture and keeps the sun off of the roots helping cool the whole plant while allowing the leaves to benefit from full light.

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Oh no bro that sucks! Have you tried taking screen material and making a kind of roof over them during the hottest parts of the day? That might help keep the girls cool without depriving them of the sun. Just a thought

I first put up a shade and they tried going into flower. So, I cut huge triangles out of the shade and they seem to be back veg. I lost a lot of leaves on one of them but the girl scout cookie seems to be ok. Throwing all 3 and 4 point leaves though, lol... it looks funny.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Cool down the root ball, not the leaves. Mulch layer on top of ground. Keeps moisture in and protects the roots from heat.
In pots? Keep pots off of concrete, use little wood pieces to keep pots off concrete. Put cardboard, plywood scraps, etc. against the pots to keep sun off pots.

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Cool down the root ball, not the leaves. Mulch layer on top of ground. Keeps moisture in and protects the roots from heat.
In pots? Keep pots off of concrete, use little wood pieces to keep pots off concrete. Put cardboard, plywood scraps, etc. against the pots to keep sun off pots.

Great information! thank you! I'm using smart pots and the soil seems good. we're into 106, 105, 102 and it's going into the 110+ in a few weeks if we're on par with last yr... apparently the plants make it, but I believe my biggest issue is NO WIND. lol, I don't know if I'll be able to put a fan outside, haha

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

OOOO.. btw.. things are starting to look better in here since I try and keep the ground saturated

Top Bottom