heat siggy

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

i have a question regarding my 5 gal dwc box its currently in my basement in a cabinet i whipped uup. i wwant to move it to the attic for space reasons and so the nosey ass kids dont find it lol the problem is as of late theres been a number of choppers flying around this area, do i dare move my box t the attic or not. right now i have 7 plants in a 9 section box bout 9 days old, plants maybe an inch inch an half high? what kinda of heat signature would that give off to choppers? im assuming their looking for cannabis because they will move then stop then move and stop and fly around in circles and shit. havnt heard of anything going down except 2 towns away a semi big dealer busted, but to b in my specific area? seems odd whats ur thougnts thank you

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

The sig is going to be from your lights. You could run 12 12 in the daytime, but during veg your SOL unless you keen keep your heat sigs down. Or you could run 12-1 veg. 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off ect ect... This creates consistency problems trying to control the RH and temps.

You could buy thermal blocking cloth, but thats probably overkill. Put a lock and hasp on your basement door and call it done.

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
I'm pretty sure mylar blocks the heat sig, but don't quate me on that. But I'm pretty damn sure. ;) just google it.

Most if the grow tents are covet in Mylar. But the heat is going to have to go somewhere. So some were its going to give off a sig.

With that being said, it's not illagle to have a grow light, it's not illagle to use electricity. Neither of those things will get the cops a warrant to search your house. But they will investigate your ass if they fly over and see the shit. So they will probably go through your trash. But you ca always scoop a turd out of the toilet and take a leek in the trash bag before you toss it out, whic most likely won't stop them, but at least you can have the satisfaction of knowing they dug through a bag of your poo.

Even in the basement Im pretty sure they can read the heat sig. Id say invest in a couple tents.

Don't put anythin in your trash EVER, and tell no one what your doing. 95 to 98% of bust ( all crime ) is becouse some one talked. This isn't CSI bro, cops arnt that smart.

Learn the LAWS and know your rights. This is a game, and there isn't a second place it's winner or loser, and your playing for prison time vs money.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm pretty sure mylar blocks the heat sig, but don't quate me on that. But I'm pretty damn sure. ;) just google it.

Most if the grow tents are covet in Mylar. But the heat is going to have to go somewhere. So some were its going to give off a sig.

With that being said, it's not illagle to have a grow light, it's not illagle to use electricity. Neither of those things will get the cops a warrant to search your house. But they will investigate your ass if they fly over and see the shit. So they will probably go through your trash. But you ca always scoop a turd out of the toilet and take a leek in the trash bag before you toss it out, whic most likely won't stop them, but at least you can have the satisfaction of knowing they dug through a bag of your poo.

Even in the basement Im pretty sure they can read the heat sig. Id say invest in a couple tents.

Don't put anythin in your trash EVER, and tell no one what your doing. 95 to 98% of bust ( all crime ) is becouse some one talked. This isn't CSI bro, cops arnt that smart.

Learn the LAWS and know your rights. This is a game, and there isn't a second place it's winner or loser, and your playing for prison time vs money.

Or, move to a legal state and breathe easier.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

well if it the lights giving off the heat im only running 3 cfls right now and will be putting a few more in to like 6 or 7? im gonna make a light panel the size of my res, then after the i wanna make some side light bars so everything will b gettin light. if they can pick up heat sig in basement it will look more pluaseable in the basement instead of attic, im already trying to find a work around for basement anywho. so heres a few pics of what i got a 10 days lemme have any feed back yall might have and ty for the helpfull info thus far

DSCN0667
DSCN0668
DSCN0669
DSCN0670
ttystikk

ttystikk

If your grow op is under 5kW they're going to have a lot of trouble picking you out of the neighborhood...

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

If your grow op is under 5kW they're going to have a lot of trouble picking you out of the neighborhood...

if its electricity that leo is lookin at im already screwed cause the wife has a tanning bed she uses everyday for 27 mins and some days i roll on in for 27 mins so my elec might b over 5 kw already ill have to dig a bill up and find out

ttystikk

ttystikk

if its electricity that leo is lookin at im already screwed cause the wife has a tanning bed she uses everyday for 27 mins and some days i roll on in for 27 mins so my elec might b over 5 kw already ill have to dig a bill up and find out

No, the power consumption isn't the issue, it's the heat given off by the op. If it doesn't look like more than a normal house, you're fine. If there's a big heat plume coming out of a window or someplace it shouldn't be, that's a potential problem. A little disguise goes a long way; no chopper is going to figure out that your 'dryer vent' is 10" in diameter from 800' up! They WILL notice if it's sticking out the window, or pouring out of a roof vent.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

well i sure aint that big i dont even bave an exhaust on my lil 5 gal grow box i got a pc fan for circulation in there temp is good without the exhaust, maybe when the plants get bigger ill have to setup up an exhaust but my dryer vent is close so i can tap into that, i read some on blowing into sewer but im in country so that wont worrk. case does the temp rise as ur plant grows i would assume right?

Bo0m

Bo0m

#TempleOfBoomMagikBeanCo
Supporter
well i sure aint that big i dont even bave an exhaust on my lil 5 gal grow box i got a pc fan for circulation in there temp is good without the exhaust, maybe when the plants get bigger ill have to setup up an exhaust but my dryer vent is close so i can tap into that, i read some on blowing into sewer but im in country so that wont worrk. case does the temp rise as ur plant grows i would assume right?

Bro, if your running CFL's your fine brotha. Don't worry. CFL's don't put off shit for a heat sig. Bro the tanning bed puts off a bigger heat sig, and uses more juice for SURE.

You could put that shit in the attic and they would be able to tell.

The homie ttystik said it best, a little disguise goes a long way, and he's talking about 5k in lights. Rofl.

CFL's you don't have spit to worry about, start adding 600 and 1k's, you gotta get a little creative.

I would suggest this. Don't buy any more CFL's. Get a 4x4 grow tent, and a 600 watt hps. Get another 4x4 grow tent and a t5 for veg. Use the cfl you have now for cloneing.
Your gonna need a small ac, for the summer months. For security reason go with a portable. Portables are NOT the best, but they keep the smell inside.

If you used two 6 inch fans on a 600 one blowing in and one blowing out, you wouldn't need to exuast the hot air. The two fans would cool it perfect. You would need at another 6 inch for t5 tent, and that would need to be just sucking hit air out. CFL for cloneing could not even be in a tent, it could be off in a corner.

The portable ac will cool your artic, no exuast, and you could have any were to a halph pound, to a pound every 2 months.

Although your attic is going to stink, like redder bad. I would suggest your wife get heavy in incense and potpourri now. Like she needs to be OCD about it. ;)

But if you just going to stick with CFL's, bro don't worry. Your not doing shit. Lol just keep it secret, and don't ever let any cops into your house with out a warrent.

fractal

fractal

4 incher inline fan would be more than enough for a 600 watter. Negative pressure in a grow tent would be fine with one 600 to keep temps down. Just saying.

Top Bottom