Heat Stress Help Please!!h

• Thread starter Brativa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brativa

Brativa

So I have an issue. I had a problem with a conversion bulb starting so I switched it back to the normal which is an hps bulb at the same distance as the conversion mh. It caused my girls shade leaves to curl hardcore on 3 of the nine but not all just the ones at the tops. Today they are kinda crinkly still am I safe to defoliate them? They are about to go into flower at 2 ft tall from the top of the pots. Thanks!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

You can take off the dead stuff but if they are not completely dead they may bounce back so I wouldn't go too crazy trimming.

Brativa

Brativa

You can take off the dead stuff but if they are not completely dead they may bounce back so I wouldn't go too crazy trimming.
Okay that is kinda what I was thinking they are showing curl but I deffinitley didn't want to go nuts on it. They are under a 400 through veg and go under a 600 for flower and I'm throwing them in tonight. I'll take the really bad and leave the mehs lol. Appreciate another growers p.o.v.

Brativa

Brativa

best not to flip a stressed plant if it got stressed. if it bounced back fine i would removed dying leaves and keep trucking
The whole plant doesn't seem super stressed just around 6 or so fans on 3 out of the 9. Sure I'm over reacting but you know how it is.

ken dog

ken dog

Your relative humidity is probably too low... Any pictures or info on that sort of thing?

Brativa

Brativa

Your relative humidity is probably too low... Any pictures or info on that sort of thing?
Will post pics of plants and rh soon as I'm back in my jungle this evening. I didn't even think that went straight to assuming light stress.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Ok well you should take the toasted leaves off but you should decide if you want any of that energy to be spent in upward growth since the plant will replace it while in veg. To mange that energy you can super crop if you have multiple tops already because going to far with topping has yet to pay off for me. Or otherwise you can top at the same time but in either case do not remove 20% "1/5th" of the total leaf mass. If you have topped the plant in that case I encourage super cropping to manage the plant. Basically you pinch the stem of a dominant shoot to allow the other 3 to fatten up, or you pinch and bend a dominant shoot if it's out of control. Or maybe you pinch/bend over all the tops so the rest of the plants shoots can catch up a little bit.

Indoor lighting is hot it's all focused light hotter than infrared light. We can push plants to 80F with 50% humidity with the lights optimally close but if your environmental conditions become other than optimal the light is too intense. If you can't nail down environment keep the light further away.

Brativa

Brativa

Ok well you should take the toasted leaves off but you should decide if you want any of that energy to be spent in upward growth since the plant will replace it while in veg. To mange that energy you can super crop if you have multiple tops already because going to far with topping has yet to pay off for me. Or otherwise you can top at the same time but in either case do not remove 20% "1/5th" of the total leaf mass. If you have topped the plant in that case I encourage super cropping to manage the plant. Basically you pinch the stem of a dominant shoot to allow the other 3 to fatten up, or you pinch and bend a dominant shoot if it's out of control. Or maybe you pinch/bend over all the tops so the rest of the plants shoots can catch up a little bit.

Indoor lighting is hot it's all focused light hotter than infrared light. We can push plants to 80F with 50% humidity with the lights optimally close but if your environmental conditions become other than optimal the light is too intense. If you can't nail down environment keep the light further away.
Right on i do top. Three times before entering flower giving me 8 on each. I super crop very minimally and some get ties down even with topping when they go into flower so I'm comfortable with all the above. Thanks man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom