Heat stress, leaf curl- bulb to close

• Thread starter Bruce Fever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Hi everyone!

Am having an issue helping a friend. He has had his. 600 watt mh to close/ too many on and the exegesis have curled up and some look shiny. With some discolouring and brittleness in older leaf I am wondering what nute deficiencies can come as a result of this.plants spent a week setting into pots from clones and been veg 2weks since. I think cal mag? Will try n get picks

kes54800

kes54800

Pics bro, need pics
is ur temps in check ? Ur rh? Air circulation. Wats ur ph? Ppm? Nutes ? Strain?

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Confidential cheese - reserva privada
Vital ink nutes. Soil.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

As you can see they are not all affected so prob not ph. I have no doubt too much light at a young stage was the catalist, I just think it's brought a nute def as a result?

Last edited:
Gatelee

Gatelee

They just look like they got burnt from too much light. What are your temps? That rooms too hot.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

That's some serious stress throughout the plant. Leaf deformity from top to bottom, older mature leafs losing color, new growth stressed.

Hmmm could be many reasons. If u fill out the checklist that is stickied to the cannabis infirmary sub topic, we would be able to help u out a bit better.

To me it looks like it something happening in ur medium. Could be to rich of a medium. That and if ur using bottle nutes with a rich soil, u can see all types of lockouts creating deficiencies all over ur plants.

kes54800

kes54800

They look wet. What are u spraying on them? And are u doing that when lights on full blast? Could be phototoxic.
Do you ph.....sounds like u dont
whats the high and low temperature and relative humidity % ?
Those in veg ? 24 hr light or 18
1000watt?
Answer what u can

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Thanks for all your replys!
@Gatelee yes mate too much light. But the room temp is fine (25c) and was with the extra light. Just to much intensity for the little ones.
@Theoneandonly Z I will fill that in thanks! Using the same water, medium and nuts I always do. Tap left for 24 hrs canna terra and vita link nutes.
@kes54800 they have had a light spray with the same 24hr water as has the walls roof ect. Temps always perfect 25-13 c. Don't ph I am using soil. Veg 18hr, 600watt mh 50-60%rh. Yes and no on the lights.

I know it's light stroke lol and can remedy that. What I am really puzzled about is a feeding regime now as they look like the stress has made them lock out cal/mag. Am thinking flush for a few days while they recover in less light (intensity) then start with a veg +cal mag sup?

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

All leaf with chlorosis trimmed off and am going to use just water for 2 or 3 times now as I am convinced the soil is holding some nutes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They just look like they got burnt from too much light. What are your temps? That rooms too hot.
It does kind of, but I'm not sure if those areas that look light-burned are really just shine from the light. But along with the leaf curl like that and the odd shine to them, I'm leaning away from burn or heat and toward...

@Bruce Fever -- have you put those leaves under magnification/microscope?

Using soil doesn't automatically mean not to pH, only if you're utilizing the soil food web methods that allow you to get away with it can you really safely do so, IME. That means *all* organic feeds, no chemical salts. Chemical salts do a lot of things on a molecular and cellular level, so you're really better off pHing the feeds.

Also, have you seen Capulator's thread about light spectrum affecting nutrient uptake? Fascinating.

Bruce Fever

Bruce Fever

Thanks seamaiden!
I've been using the same nutes and water technique for 9 years no worries. It's odd. How would you ph in soil? I was of the understanding ph chemicals are to harsh for mud. I experienced this in a grow on here. I had to stop using them, was killing my crop. I'll post the page link.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks seamaiden!
I've been using the same nutes and water technique for 9 years no worries. It's odd. How would you ph in soil? I was of the understanding ph chemicals are to harsh for mud. I experienced this in a grow on here. I had to stop using them, was killing my crop. I'll post the page link.
Not if you do the pH adjusting of the water/feed first. I say go back to what was working, though, instead of trying to make what's not working work.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I just want to add always ph and if your plants have any stress b vitamin usually helps turn things around :D

Top Bottom