Heat stress? Or bad stress from early?

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Hi fellas,

Originally I thought the bending leafs and twisting was a result of being a tiny bit cal/mag deficient earlier on, as this showed up around same time the new growth exhibited these deformities. But now I have upped my cal mag and the newer growth is exhibiting still.
Could also be heat related but shouldn’t be, everything is maintained well and my lights are above recommended heights since this showed up.
It is also worth noting I made a mistake early on when I sprouted and replanted my coco without flushing it, this resulted in a very slow/sore start. so I’m thinking there may also be some hermi potential here from major stress right from sprout..

long story short,
Heat?
Cal/mag still here?
retarded plant that saw to much abuse to early?

thanks
B

Heat stress or bad stress from early
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah its not heat or cal mag.. isnt that n tox when the tips claw like that.. @Aqua Man
Yeah usually but not always. Not n tox. Looks like overwatering and or high humidity with those swollen leaves so probably not pulling enough nutes. But yeah looks hungry and buy unhappy in the root zone for some reason.

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah usually but not always. Not n tox. Looks like overwatering and or high humidity with those swollen leaves so probably not pulling enough nutes. But yeah looks hungry and buy unhappy in the root zone for some reason.
Ahh i learnt something today. 😊 ive been getting that on a few plants ..only on few leaves

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahh i learnt something today. 😊 ive been getting that on a few plants ..only on few leaves
What i look foe is dark green and shiny with tip curl and burnt tips. Sometimes burnt tips is a calcium or potassium thing so I look for more than one indication.

Madmax

Madmax

Not really dark dark but a low sheen lol with burnt tips..and im getting this at 700ppm..ive been feeding 650 for near a week when i should b upping the nutes.i keep thinking this canna classic has a little too high in n.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not really dark dark but a low sheen lol with burnt tips..and im getting this at 700ppm..ive been feeding 650 for near a week when i should b upping the nutes.i keep thinking this canna classic has a little too high in n.
Yup go by the plants not numbers imo.

Blakeja

Blakeja

I didn’t think I could over water in coco? Humidity has been controlled at 60%
the leaves on the last run were very pronounced and pointed their not far off from the last run, that was very healthy. Just the weird curling and twisting.

thanks,
B

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didn’t think I could over water in coco? Humidity has been controlled at 60%
the leaves on the last run were very pronounced and pointed their not far off from the last run, that was very healthy. Just the weird curling and twisting.

thanks,
B
Size pots and mix and type of coco?
Room temps and indica leaders like a bit drier... try 50-55.

Running co2?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Put down the cal-mag, and slowly back away from it..lol.

In all seriousness, most cal issues in young plants are availability issues not necessarily a deficiency. Cal mag is some really salty stuff and can inflate your ppm levels very quickly.

Without more info it's hard to make a call but when my plants look like yours is usually because of a salty root zone locking stuff out or disrupting the water uptake to the plant.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
the pots are 1 gal. I believe the Coco was called “urban jardin” blue bag. 70/30 w perlite.
Only co2 I have is a exhale bag.

Thanks for your time, B
Get a good measure of your ppm/ec going in and then the runoff. In my grows I try to keep those numbers less than 300 ppm apart. 👍

Blakeja

Blakeja

Put down the cal-mag, and slowly back away from it..lol.

In all seriousness, most cal issues in young plants are availability issues not necessarily a deficiency. Cal mag is some really salty stuff and can inflate your ppm levels very quickly.

Without more info it's hard to make a call but when my plants look like yours is usually because of a salty root zone locking stuff out or disrupting the water uptake to the plant.

funny you say that two days ago ppm was 300 higher than inflow. I flushed it down to an acceptable level and fed regular. I always add more cal/mag than manufacturers recommendation. Last run same genetics had def. in cal/mag was rectified with 1/3 higher than recommended.. nervous to reduce the cal/mag

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
funny you say that two days ago ppm was 300 higher than inflow. I flushed it down to an acceptable level and fed regular. I always add more cal/mag than manufacturers recommendation. Last run same genetics had def. in cal/mag was rectified with 1/3 higher than recommended.. nervous to reduce the cal/mag
How much are you feeding it? What's "going in"?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the pots are 1 gal. I believe the Coco was called “urban jardin” blue bag. 70/30 w perlite.
Only co2 I have is a exhale bag.

Thanks for your time, B
No worries. The coco may be a bit more compact now so not as breathable and that may be why you see signs of over watering. But over watering is not to much water its lack of o2. Compared to the last grow when you used the same coco does it seem a lot more compact or the same?

What are the room temps? Are they on a cool floor?

If under led shoot for room temps around 80f and drop humidity to 55% this will help it pull more water and nutrients from the media.

The swollen leaves say either a root issue or environmental issue both of which affect transpiration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom