Heat Stress??

• Thread starter BigD66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigD66

BigD66

The growth tips on my clones are curling. We have been having a heat wave, so I am thinking that’s the cause. Am I wrong?
Heat stress
Heat stress 2
Heat stress 3
Heat stress 4
Heat stress 5
Heat stress 6

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The growth tips on my clones are curling. We have been having a heat wave, so I am thinking that’s the cause. Am I wrong?View attachment 997364View attachment 997365View attachment 997366View attachment 997367View attachment 997369View attachment 997370
When very hot and dry the plants drink like crazy and this means more water uptake... More water uptake equals more nutrient uptake. In hot dry climates you will need to feed lighter to prevent nutrient toxicity usually nitrogen toxicity.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking at the pics she is looking like she was watered within the hr or needs water? I could be wrong but looks that way to me

BigD66

BigD66

When very hot and dry the plants drink like crazy and this means more water uptake... More water uptake equals more nutrient uptake. In hot dry climates you will need to feed lighter to prevent nutrient toxicity usually nitrogen toxicity.

They are in FFOF cut with 20% Cupar RG.
The only feed I give them, to date, is a compost tea watering once per week. I thought nitrogen toxicity too, but I haven’t been giving them any feed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They were watered earlier in the day. The tips were curled before I watered.
Yeah not much you can do. Water until runoff may help remove a little bit of the available nutrients but not something you really wanna do since it's organic. They look healthy and I would just stay the course.

BigD66

BigD66

Maybe my tea is to hot? I will flush with ph h20 for a week or two then cut back on the guano in the tea.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No.. You can't burn plants with composting tea..
What your experiencing is actual HEAT issues.. Its hot outside! :D
Oh but you can... Pretty easily too. Composted teas is full of available nutrients. It's no different than synthetic nutrients. No doubt there is a heat issue but taking into account the color of the plants and conditions I would ease up on the tea. Or atleast the concentration of it

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Oh but you can... Pretty easily too. Composted teas is full of available nutrients. It's no different than synthetic nutrients. No doubt there is a heat issue but taking into account the color of the plants and conditions I would ease up on the tea. Or atleast the concentration of it

Thats contrary to every composting tea guide i've ever read.. Unless your brewing with str8 horse shit or cow shit, using worm castings to make a tea can be fed undiluted and won't burn plants.. I did it all of 2018 with my garden... And peed too!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Thats contrary to every composting tea guide i've ever read.. Unless your brewing with str8 horse shit or cow shit, using worm castings to make a tea can be fed undiluted and won't burn plants.. I did it all of 2018 with my garden... And peed too!
Si, depends on the source. I'm using horse manure and compost and when fresh I have to dilute it.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Si, depends on the source. I'm using horse manure and compost and when fresh I have to dilute it.

Yeah that would have to be diluted, I guess i was being too broad when i just said compost tea, I'm used to just using worm castings and some sugar So i should have specified a lil more :D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Teas can be many things. When they are brewed they generally have bacteria added. This is to break down the organic nutrients into inorganic nutrients. The bacteria produce enzymes to do so. The longer it's brewed the more available nutrients in it. So there are variables to it. Like most things not all one and the same

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Teas can be many things. When they are brewed they generally have bacteria added. This is to break down the organic nutrients into inorganic nutrients. The bacteria produce enzymes to do so. The longer it's brewed the more available nutrients in it. So there are variables to it. Like most things not all one and the same

yeah i realize i was being way to broad :D

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I had 4 plants last year that all showed the same symptoms and all were outside. The greenhouse plants were not affected. Combination of sun and heat. One plant never recovered, all the leaves died.

The leaves will canoe upward when sun/heat is too intense and they'll need some shade and kept out of direct sunlight for a few days then slowly move them back but with some shading for the hottest part of the day so it doesn't happen again.😉

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I had 4 plants last year that all showed the same symptoms and all were outside. The greenhouse plants were not affected. Combination of sun and heat. One plant never recovered, all the leaves died.

The leaves will canoe upward when sun/heat is too intense and they'll need some shade and kept out of direct sunlight for a few days then slowly move them back but with some shading for the hottest part of the day so it doesn't happen again.😉
Yep and wondering humidity because that will exasperate it.

BigD66

BigD66

I really appreciate all the advice.

I do think I may have added to much Bio-Thrive to my last tea, and that combined with the heat caused the curling.

So, since the temps are predicted to be even higher over the next week I have moved them to the shade, and they will just get ph adj H2O for the next week.
2B92A3B2 ECCA 4553 B883 73BC9BF002F7
C8DE7F22 C3D2 46D2 85D0 840389D128E5
2B92A3B2 ECCA 4553 B883 73BC9BF002F7

Top Bottom