Heat temperature in flowering and vegetation room

• Thread starter Oldschool61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

I've been reading on different forums. Everybody has their own opinions. People arguing 85° too hot in grow room. NoT. I run my vegetation 85°, humidity is about 60 ,58%. No problems. So why are people telling young growers, that you need to bring your temperature down. If you go past 90, well, can you stand 90° heat for 18 hour, no, But ,you can withstand 85 with a breeze can you not?????? I'm just asking the question????? Unless you see that plant heat stressing, yeah you need to bring the heat down.
My grow room is 84f right now with 58-62 rh and plants look fine, it was 86 yesterday but showed very little heat stress. Think ppl have had other issues at these temps probably from humidity or 100 other variables and just blame the temps as the main culprit. Ive grown in rooms upto 95 on heat waves and still got great crops

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My grow room is 84f right now with 58-62 rh and plants look fine, it was 86 yesterday but showed very little heat stress. Think ppl have had other issues at these temps probably from humidity or 100 other variables and just blame the temps as the main culprit. Ive grown in rooms upto 95 on heat waves and still got great crops
Room temp as widely used as it is, has very little to offer in terms of whats ideal for our plants. It should be used as a tool in a sense.

What we should really be concerned about is the plant temperature. This is where temp is crucial in terms of ideals and showing stress.

a plant can be anywhere from 0-10f different than the room temperature. Thats not a small difference and why under the same room temperature some may see heat stress while others absolutely do not.

imo 75-77f is the ideal range for plant temps. This can be measured cheaply and easily with the most under utilized tool for grow rooms…. A cheap IR temp gun that cost around $20

simonkay

simonkay

Room temp as widely used as it is, has very little to offer in terms of whats ideal for our plants. It should be used as a tool in a sense.

What we should really be concerned about is the plant temperature. This is where temp is crucial in terms of ideals and showing stress.

a plant can be anywhere from 0-10f different than the room temperature. Thats not a small difference and why under the same room temperature some may see heat stress while others absolutely do not.

imo 75-77f is the ideal range for plant temps. This can be measured cheaply and easily with the most under utilized tool for grow rooms…. A cheap IR temp gun that cost around $20
Agree fully, i got an IR gun off amazon and its shows a typical difference of 5.4-6.5f less on leaf temps. My vpd would be all over the place if i was just guessing leaf temps (im using one of two 240w led atm) typical room temps 82-84 in a sealed room.

Top Bottom