xoddah

12000WATT NEW ROOM
Just finished, or thought I had, and ran into a problem
HEAT ...
room is 16 ' x 30' and has an 8 1/2 " ceiling
2 12kw window mount air/cond mounted at 6 1/2 off the floor
3 8" intake can fans mounted on the floor, intake from outside room
1 12" max exhaust fan mounted in the "attic, vented to outside
lights 1000W hps are vented into the attic open space via a 8" booster fan, then out the 12"
ceiling is 2 1/2 inch styrofoam 4x8 panels that are easily moved to provide venting into the attic
the room is very well insulated every little crack sealed better than my home,
The Test, flipped that bad boy on 80 deg. outdoor temp. room went from 77 to 90 in a heart beat
assuming this would happen I had 2 8" can fans at ready, installed these on the floor sill drawing air from the outside
started up again, same thing 90 ...right now...
next was the light venting, added a 8" can fan vented to the attic, and outside via the 12" max fan
started up again, yep, 90
looked at the air/cond, cool air flowing but outside cooling fan air off the a/c seemed to be
too hot too quick, shut off a/c and sure enough big mama fan was drawing air from outside through the a/c,...SO i added a third 8" fan to the floor and... 90 no time at all
now i start moving the ceiling panels around to let more hot air rise into the attic to feed the beast
no luck, it is still pulling the panda film away from the walls

my thought is put a fan speed controller / thermostat on the 12" max fan, slow down the vacuum
and see what happens after that, what ???? help me out folks I am about out of ideas,
something simple, right ? please....

reloader

reloader

That is a large operation. I hope you are venting all the way out through the vents in your attic, & not just in the attic, could produce mold from all the exhaust. Is 90 the highest temp your getting after the lights have been on for awhile. Because IMO I don't think 90 is too bad with good air flow. In fact their is new evidence that plants can absorb more light in higher temps even at 90 & 95. I hit high 80's sometimes in my flower room with good results. With all that equipment & airflow, I would double check you don't have any breaks or leaks in your venting. Are all your lights air cooled? I don't think fans are your problem. With all that heat from those lights, you need to double check air flow through vents to make sure the heat is getting pushed out fast enough, assuming you are running air cooled hoods.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

I can't stress enough reloader's point on venting out to the attic. I've made that mistake and paid for it with ceiling stains and mold. Even just the ducts pushing all that moist hot air through can cause problems. Make sure to keep an eye out. I don't feel 90 is a deal breaker. It may not be optimal but is doable.

washburn4life

washburn4life

I also agree in the summer all my rooms float around 90 deg I wait till 95 to start woring

Your also running the room with 80 deg outside air unless you live in AZ or some other desert It shouldnt be that hot at night. Good rule always run rooms at night in summer. I run veg rooms from 7 p.m. to 1 p.m. and bloom from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m.

I do the Sealed rooms thing but it seems like your lacking A/C I would run 4 tons of ac in a sealed room 4.5 tons in a room with a burner

Be careful blowing a 12" fan out the side you your house! Its probably loud and if it cycles on and off from a thermostat it could be even more noticeable to pass-er-by-ers

An 8" can fan is powerful, but having 12 kw in HIDs is a massive mount of heat build up. If you have one 8" fan doing the whole light system your doing it wrong. You shouldn't put more then 6 x 8" vented hoods (4 x 6" vented hoods), on a duct system with its own Intake/filter and Exhaust line. otherwise you get too much heat build up. Can in extreme cases damage fans if to hot

hope this helps

dub 4 life

P

paulycali

After reading a few sentences i stopped. Did you say window ac's. Fans on the floor. Well that ain't going to cut it. 5-ton ac or multiple mini splits. Each row of hoods need its own exhaust fan preferably 10" or bigger and running straight out the room. No connecting to other ducting. You can have the right equipment but if you set it up improperly the room won't be running very effiecient

slumdog80

slumdog80

I am using two 24k btu mini splits to cool 10k, non air cooled, and still may have to add a 12k portable the last two weeks of flower to get
temps way down.

Sort answer you are going to need more AC. Try to find some cheap refurbished portable AC's to get you through your first run if
necessary.

washburn4life

washburn4life

I am using two 24k btu mini splits to cool 10k, non air cooled, and still may have to add a 12k portable the last two weeks of flower to get
temps way down.

Sort answer you are going to need more AC. Try to find some cheap refurbished portable AC's to get you through your first run if
necessary.

Slumdog why do you not have vented hoods? I wouldnt keep throwing more and more AC in your room if the problem is heat from lights.

VENT THOSE HOODS BABY!

3oShivaRider

I agree...more cooling...imho you're going to need more airflow than that to handle hot weather...you're fine at 90 IMO, it's not going to cause you any problems unless the humidity rises, then you're inviting all kinds of pests and bugs...also, I'm not sure about your room's set up, but keep a couple of the Acs near your intake fans...it makes a helluva difference...

X

xoddah

It has been a while, I thank you for sharing your wisdom. the problem was;
the max fan, in attic was drawing air through the 8" intake fans at floor level, sucking ALL of the cool air
out of the room, a/c units could not keep up, overheated and switched off.
remedy;
1.vent hoods from outdoors, through lights, exhaust outdoors, sealed connections, 2 8" fans pulling air
2. vent attic to outdoors to eliminate complete vacuum within grow room

Finished that grow, just ok no better
this grow is phenomenal and I am building an additional room with mini split-s
10 raptor hoods, autopilot environmental controllers, top feed, through hydroton, drain to reservoir
kinda like Vegas for vegetables thanks again friends

Latest posts

Top Bottom