Heat Wave! Whats Your Cutoff Temp?

• Thread starter DRONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DRONER

DRONER

whats up Farmers!

Its been a while, and ive done a search couldnt fond anything..

What temp do you guys start shutting down lights? Big heat wave rolling through and my temps are running about 74-77degrees regularly, today is the hottest day of the summer so far and the room is running at 80-82 and could keep rising.. starting to get worried

Any opinion or advice would help

Im running dimmable DE PL Light systems theyre currently at 1000w can go down to 625

Cheers guys thanks for the help

Droner

G gnome

G gnome

whats up Farmers!

What temp do you guys start shutting down lights? Big heat wave rolling through and my temps are running about 74-77degrees regularly, today is the hottest day of the summer so far and the room is running at 80-82 and could keep rising.. starting to get worried

Im running dimmable DE PL Light systems theyre currently at 1000w can go down to 625

Droner

90 deg is when id start. Summertime separates the men from the boys when it comes to indoor growing haha. I got a 2 1/2 ton ac, co2 burners, and 6k worth of d.e.'s and can get my temps down to 68 or 69 if i wanted even on the hottest days

DRONER

DRONER

Thank G Gnome! Everything seems under control.
If ever heat goes over should i din down my lights ir actually unolug a couple of them?

G gnome

G gnome

@G gnome

I run co2 for 2 reasons.

1 i can run 82* canopy for 5 to 6 weeks as a bottle is cheaper than power vs at 75* w/o co2.

2 i get xxoz extra from co2 vs air exchange.
I still shoot for 77deg even tho im runnin co2. I do it for the yields and so i can use air conditioning w/o exchanging the air

Freshone

Freshone

I run about 75-78 w/co2,leaf temp is a degree or two higher.I run the gavita master controller and have it set to start auto dimming at 85.
Heat doesn't matter with my split,it's 105 here today.

Bannacis

Bannacis

85 is my cutoff temp. there's a little trick that helps temporally. place some ice cubes on top of your soil.
and some straw over them or some cover. they will slowly melt and cool your roots and at same time pull some of that cool water up and cool your branches.
You'll be surprised at how much this works. Now if you gots a lot of hot days it might be tiresome, but it helps.
Dimming light helps if there is no other solution. add extra circulating fans...

DRONER

DRONER

Thanks for the replies guys,

I wud start by dimming them down as a temporary solution but imo a.c. and co2 is the way to go

Ice would be one hell of a job and quite costly for the amount id need to get the job done,
Im running a 5 ton and 4 burner c02, i was panicking for nothing everything stayed within range tenperature wise.

@G gnome

I run co2 for 2 reasons.

1 i can run 82* canopy for 5 to 6 weeks as a bottle is cheaper than power vs at 75* w/o co2.

2 i get xxoz extra from co2 vs air exchange.

let me just make sure i understand what your saying, since im running C02 i can run the room hotter than if i had no c02 running? This could be huge in savings

Cheers

Smerb

Smerb

It was 86 in my tent a few weeks back. Slow growth. I have no co2. I throw air conditioner in window and we are down to 76. 108 outside. Girls are vegging away. Max temp 4 me is about 80 and more. 78 hmmmmm

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes
BUT! Don't believe what most growers say abiut higher temps with co2. It did NOT work for me listening to them. I got 4lbs of useless fluffy ass heat stresses buds.

Even with co2 i run 82* canopy from flip to week 5/6, then I start to drop my temps weekly.

P

Pimples

whats up Farmers!

Droner
Really boils down to how you initially built your rooms and the equipment choices and how you implemented and anticipated the buildout and grow. I run 78 to 82 canopy temps and 40 to 60%rh depending on strain and the stage they are in and lights on or off. Usually before buying equipment and build out...one gets sticker shock on the prices of gear and talks themselves into a compromise. And it backfires in the extreme outdoor seasons. Depends on where your grow is located on the planet. How much money your willing to spend to play god. And how you set it up.

P

Pimples

Basically you gotta pay to play. The very expensive equipment you thought you could get by without..you end up needing if you want to run all year long in an indoor environment. One thing i think we can all agree on is its much easier and cheaper heating and controlling a growroom in the winter than it is to cool one down in the summer. Lol.

P

Pimples

I know quite a few growers that grow so much bud in the season outdoor that they can afford to shut the indoor down for the summer. Makes sense and practical for alot of people.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Thanks for the replies guys,

Ice would be one hell of a job and quite costly for the amount id need to get the job done,
Im running a 5 ton and 4 burner c02, i was panicking for nothing everything stayed within range tenperature wise.

let me just make sure i understand what your saying, since im running C02 i can run the room hotter than if i had no c02 running? This could be huge in savings

Cheers
Yeah, Ice is for small set up...sorry. It's more of a emergency fix anyway.

Top Bottom