HEAT - Yes, in upper case.

• Thread starter euigancio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
euigancio

euigancio

Are you throwing all that Ac'ed air outside too fast?

Thank you Alex. The air going out of the extractor is quite war. Haven't meassured it but seems like 29 to 31° while the intake air is pretty cold, 22° but feels colder.

I don't fully understand how to meassure heat inside the tent.

The lamp emits heat and that heat is most probably heating the thermometer's plastic.

Air may be a bit colder but still don't understand what difference would it make to meassure heat in the shade as the main colas are still being hit by the light's emitted heat.

In other words... how do I meassure air heat? Should place the thermometer at the end of the extractors duct? Should I place it right at the colas so that I know how the lamp is heating the plant at the top because of closeness to the leds? I've read plenty of documentation on this matter. Anyways, 31° is way too high even if it is the lamp heating the plastic and colas.

If I lower the led's power through the dimmer then temperature does fall considerably.

My guess is that the Mars Hydro are too powerfull for a 60x60x160 at 100% of it's power. But... is it worth to reduce it's power and hence reduce the tent's heat? I may loose more by dimming it to 75% and having lower/more acceptable temperatures than keeping it at 100% and having 31 degrees?

Thanks,

euigancio

euigancio

I placed a thermometer at the end of the outtake pipe and it marks 27° while the one inside the tent is marking 31°.

I am really confused? I may be measuring the led's heat irradiation and not the air temp.

Distance from the led to the top of the colas is 30cm ans it is within the recommended distance by the manufacturer (12-18 inches 30-45 inches).

I guess I may have hit the nail here...

Note: I placed the extractor hose blowing air towards inside the room in order to meassure outgoing air temp. I live on an 8th floor and don't want to loose the thermometer. :)

20210113 005413
AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

What's the temp of the room itself? I was wondering if the room gets too hot even without the tent? When it's not even turned on at it's hottest whats the temp of the room the tent is in?

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

I'm geussig youe LED draw is way less than the AC cooling power, In theory without pulling warm air in and sending the cold ac air out with both of them running enclosed, you should be able to keep it cool, then you have to intermitently vent for air v02 i gue3ss.....

euigancio

euigancio

What's the temp of the room itself? I was wondering if the room gets too hot even without the tent? When it's not even turned on at it's hottest whats the temp of the room the tent is in?

Hello Alex, thank you. The air temp in the room is ~22°, pretty cold vonsidering there is ~29°.

Calls my attention that the air that is coming out of the tent when the lef is off has a temp of 26°. Same temp than when the lights are on.

I don't know what's going on. The setup is pretty simple.

The MarsHydro may be the issue.
I will reach out to their support in case they have an idea of what I could be doing wrong.

euigancio

euigancio

Hi,

I've placed another fan in the tent pointing at the mara hydro.

Added and my tent looks like a baloon but temperature decreased frpm 30° to 37°. Fair enough... humidity is at 38% on the 7th week of flowering. I seem to have 4 to 5 weeks ahead until harvesting.

Room tempereture is 21.2°

I know that positive pressure is bad a s there is less CO2 flow and probably humidity issues but I seem to have those under control.

I increased the outake fan speed to it's maximum and temperature increased to 38.9° so I am getting realy confused.

Why isn't negative pressure working for me?

Why is positive pressure lowering the temperature inside the tent?

Tomorrow I'll try decreasing the outtake fan speed and creating even stronger positive pressure to see if that keeps temperatures cool inside the tent as there are some hot nights ahead.

If that does not work then I will have no other choice than to lower the light dimmer to 75% in order to lower the tent's air temperature.

I know I am feeding my plants well (With a slight nutrient excess as fan leaf tips were getting a bit dry but I believe it's under control.) according to top crop's table but don't see my buds getting much fatter. I guess that temperature has something to do with it or I need to feed my plants with another blooming product but don't know what to add.

My earth ph seems to be really low and don't think that adding guano at this stage is recommended.

I will keep on posting updates in case this is useful for others.

Thanks and have a great day,

euigancio

euigancio

My strains are:

- Sir Jack
- Ice Cool
- Malasaña Lemon Cookies

All photo periodic strains.

20210119 223855
20210119 223846
20210119 223831
20210119 223522