Heat

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Closet on left connects to hall closet, no need for maintenance to enter this room or get into hall closet so wont be noticeable to landlord.
Furnace filter good, allergies so keep up with that

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Exhausted from moving room around twice, did it last night, woke up today & didnt like it so moved it again then went to work & came home to climb on furniture & play with ducts & vents & fans & ..... started dozing off while smoking bong so of course I now have bong water all over the futon in here & myself, fma

FourthCity

FourthCity

Vented out window, still 93. Ran duct from vent, 87 when ac on & 93 when fan only on. Closed vents in cold part of apt, only bedrooms & kitchen vents open now. Tried with & without window fan, no difference. Ceiling fan on room temp stays at 80ish if flower not on, have to leave window fan on or whole room 90+ (not just tents). Think I'm gonna have to drill few inch hole in closet & hook up intake to that to bring cooler air in on a more consistent basis than ac running. Not sure how I'm gonna pull that off though, nowhere on that side of room for tent & that's long run even at closest placeView attachment 984162View attachment 984163
Sounds like you are employed, interest rates are at an all time low, I know a good real estate agent. Just seems like the apartment isnt really working out for you. Buying a house was the best decision I ever made (for myself and my grow) and before anyone flames me for this suggestion the op could almost certainly get a decent house in Missouri with a mortgage that is pretty close to what they are likely paying in rent.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Sounds like you are employed, interest rates are at an all time low, I know a good real estate agent. Just seems like the apartment isnt really working out for you. Buying a house was the best decision I ever made (for myself and my grow) and before anyone flames me for this suggestion the op could almost certainly get a decent house in Missouri with a mortgage that is pretty close to what they are likely paying in rent.
That possibility is there, having some issues in home that I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about yet. Waiting to see about job as well & which area I end up in. I'm definitely not staying here more than another year, may move by end of summer, everything's up in the air right now. If more detail is needed then pm me, I dont mind explaining myself more clearly but not publicly.

FourthCity

FourthCity

That possibility is there, having some issues in home that I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about yet. Waiting to see about job as well & which area I end up in. I'm definitely not staying here more than another year, may move by end of summer, everything's up in the air right now. If more detail is needed then pm me, I dont mind explaining myself more clearly but not publicly.
You dont have to explain anything to anyone. For years I felt like buying a place was either too daunting or I wasn't ready or I needed to wait for this or that but looking back I just wish I did it sooner. There are also certainly valid reasons why it may not be an option.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Frozen jug of water in front of the fan?
I'll try anything, maybe itll help. Not bad most of time but 2 nights a week I'm on overnight & cant be here to open tent when lights come on. 2 nights of 95+ is doing so much damage, poor things are practically drying on stem while they're still growing. Sad, looks good then I put it in flower for couple weeks & then its bad.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

You dont have to explain anything to anyone. For years I felt like buying a place was either too daunting or I wasn't ready or I needed to wait for this or that but looking back I just wish I did it sooner. There are also certainly valid reasons why it may not be an option.
I had a house in belleville with ex. Got screwed pretty good on that 1 but it's been long enough that it's off my credit finally. I miss having a house honestly, but choices are leaving him or staying here another year & I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Have couple weeks to either resign lease or tell them im leaving, & most of my decision is based on whether other person is gonna keep fking up or not, 8 yrs is long time so decision is hard. Trying to concentrate on weed issues for few days to give myself break from reality

the rrock

the rrock

have you thought about a portable A/C, the kind on wheels you can get for under $500. Has a 4" or 6" vent blowing ice cold.Unless you have a condensate pump the condensation needs to be dumped daily . I used to rent huge ones when doing shutdown work on labs/cleanrooms

FourthCity

FourthCity

have you thought about a portable A/C, the kind on wheels you can get for under $500. Has a 4" or 6" vent blowing ice cold.Unless you have a condensate pump the condensation needs to be dumped daily . I used to rent huge ones when doing shutdown work on labs/cleanrooms
I went through the trouble of buying and exchanging half a dozen of these things and they just don't perform very well, plus op mentioned they dont have the surplus electricity to power it.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Cant even vacuum when both tents on. I need more cool air flowing in w/o using much power. I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place lol. Maybe I can just run 1 light in flower 2 nights a week, not ideal but may have no choice. I'm just doing these overnight shifts to help a friend ($ nice too) & it's taking longer than I hoped for her to get the position filled. Noone wants to work that, it's too dangerous lol especially when someone can sit home & collect more $ than going out & working

FourthCity

FourthCity

Maybe I can just run 1 light in flower 2 nights a week, not ideal but may have no choice.
You may be onto something there. Instead of in the flower tent running one light two nights a week you could get the old style analogue light timers and set them up so that only one light is on at a time and each light is only on for 30 minutes every hour (alternating on and off back and fourth over 12 hours), that would cut your heat from the lights in half while making sure your plants still get good coverage.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Temp hovering 89-91 (that may be just low enough that they dont suffer too much, wait & see) with tent closed & ac on, lights been on for 1.5 hrs, think I have enough vents closed in main area to make ac run more than usual (yes itll increase bill but itll still probably stay less than $200 mth)

FourthCity

FourthCity

I know this thread is a bit dormant but thought I would chip in:

Have you tried a water evaporator? I made a shitty one here but it will give you an idea: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/f...ampler-using-pot-for-pot.113716/#post-2434150

Could also help raise humidity in the tent to lower VPD.
Evaporative coolers/humidifiers only work in environments where the ambient humidity is quite low. With the RH in Missouri typically around 50% this time of year it wouldn't be effective at anything beyond raising the humidity which is likely high enough already. If the op was somewhere like Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada where its always really dry then it would probably be more useful.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Evaporative coolers/humidifiers only work in environments where the ambient humidity is quite low. With the RH in Missouri typically around 50% this time of year it wouldn't be effective at anything beyond raising the humidity which is likely high enough already. If the op was somewhere like Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada where its always really dry then it would probably be more useful.
No doing it would be better there. I guess I am thinking pushing air through a cold space bc her ambient is so high that merely moving air through the tent ain't gonna do it.

My experience with humidity is Puerto Rico, and an ocean breeze feels damn good.

I started pushing my air and it works better for me, anyway.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kinda skimmed over this. No way to put a window AC in the room you need to cool?

Ghetto cooler we used to use at the lake literally was a fan and block ice.

If you took a cooler (like for drinks). Cut an intake hole 3" or to fit one drops tube method. Then cut another on the opposite side. Buy a case of water bottles and throw then all in the freezer. Pack the cooler full of frozen water bottles and you now have a ghetto AC. Buy 2 cases of water and just switch them as needed. I would guess 8+hrs of cooling and no mess since the water is in the bottles.

Just thinking outloud.

I think an actual AC would be best but hey

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The coolers I'm talking about are styrofoam and should be like $5 easy to cut. Not the hard plastic ones

FourthCity

FourthCity

Kinda skimmed over this. No way to put a window AC in the room you need to cool?

Ghetto cooler we used to use at the lake literally was a fan and block ice.

If you took a cooler (like for drinks). Cut an intake hole 3" or to fit one drops tube method. Then cut another on the opposite side. Buy a case of water bottles and throw then all in the freezer. Pack the cooler full of frozen water bottles and you now have a ghetto AC. Buy 2 cases of water and just switch them as needed. I would guess 8+hrs of cooling and no mess since the water is in the bottles.

Just thinking outloud.

I think an actual AC would be best but hey
This would still make quite a bit of messy condensation. If I set a styrofoam cup of ice water anywhere in my house let alone outside where its even hotter and more humid, a puddle of condensation will form around it almost immediately. None of these are bad ideas but our humidity severely limits the number of useful ways to cool off here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom