Heat

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Both of these rooms are too hot. I cant add an a/c unit, I cant even vacuum when both tents are on so power is maxed in this apt. Even with fans (2 inlines & some desk fans) it gets up to 95 in flower tent. Only thing I can think of is to run duct from a/c vent in room directly to tent, I've closed other vents to try to redirect airflow but it's not enough. Im getting ready to flip out lol. Open to any ideas that dont take electric.

Rooke

Rooke

Both of these rooms are too hot. I cant add an a/c unit, I cant even vacuum when both tents are on so power is maxed in this apt. Even with fans (2 inlines & some desk fans) it gets up to 95 in flower tent. Only thing I can think of is to run duct from a/c vent in room directly to tent, I've closed other vents to try to redirect airflow but it's not enough. Im getting ready to flip out lol. Open to any ideas that dont take electric.
Hey there for sure give that a try how many ducts are close by?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hey there for sure give that a try how many ducts are close by?
I have 1 vent in the room, itll kill air to rest of room (which includes veg tent) but I think veg can handle it lot better than flower. Frying stuff while its alive is not cool lol

KLight03

KLight03

I have 1 vent in the room, itll kill air to rest of room (which includes veg tent) but I think veg can handle it lot better than flower. Frying stuff while its alive is not cool lol
Check out the reply from @One drop on my thread this morning. He gave me the answer for that very thing, if it's appropriate for your circumstance. Give me a minute and I will figure out how to link it. My wires are crossed in my brain at the moment because the lights in my tent are all hung up weird and I just fought with it for 30 minutes. I hate sweating for no reason.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'll post a pic of room I'm dealing with, please dont mind mess, I'm in middle of going through everything to get rid of stuff we dont need so this "spare" room is a complete disaster.
My other option is to use bigger room for better heat distribution but I dont think that's gonna make enough difference

KLight03

KLight03

I'll post a pic of room I'm dealing with, please dont mind mess, I'm in middle of going through everything to get rid of stuff we dont need so this "spare" room is a complete disaster.
My other option is to use bigger room for better heat distribution but I dont think that's gonna make enough difference
Hahahaha! I'm laughing at you because you sound like me. My daughter tells me all the time, "Mommy, no one gives a shit except you." 🤣 😂

Here's the start of it. I hope it will help. Makes sense to me. Will create an airflow system.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hahahaha! I'm laughing at you because you sound like me. My daughter tells me all the time, "Mommy, no one gives a shit except you." 🤣 😂

Here's the start of it. I hope it will help. Makes sense to me. Will create an airflow system.
Managed to keep most of mess outta pic lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have inline for intake & bigger 1 for pulling out but this whole bedroom stays too hot, air going in not cool enough

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Temps are >85 if I'm home to be able to open tent when lights come on but I have to work different hours so time changing is moot also

KLight03

KLight03

Temps are >85 if I'm home to be able to open tent when lights come on but I have to work different hours so time changing is moot also
I feel ya. This morning it was 82 in my tent. I'm now wondering if I'm going to have the same problem as you. I have a tent like yours and now a smaller one. If I put ventilation on, it sucks in the sides, creating negative pressure because the thing is too big. We almost have the same set up, too, except yours is a bit fancier.

Can you not find a way to hook the a/c air up there to the bottom intake?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I feel ya. This morning it was 82 in my tent. I'm now wondering if I'm going to have the same problem as you. I have a tent like yours and now a smaller one. If I put ventilation on, it sucks in the sides, creating negative pressure because the thing is too big. We almost have the same set up, too, except yours is a bit fancier.

Can you not find a way to hook the a/c air up there to the bottom intake?
I'm considering duct from vent to tent but that'll also affect veg tent by taking the air from room in general. I'm weighing possibilities on if veg can handle no a/c. If I reroute vent to flower whole room will stay in 90s instead of 80s which is already bad. Ac set to 75 & is fine if I can leave doors open but I cant (has to be locked when I'm not home, being very careful since somebody here is on probation, must be clearly in my control)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have window fan but that's all I can do here & it's not enough now that summers creeping in

Stealth window exhaust is how i did it when i had a tent in our old house spare bedroom.

Like this one... lots of good info in whole article as well

scroll down to wicker blinds.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/exhaust#wicker-blinds

And here is another link with great ventilation info.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Stealth window exhaust is how i did it when i had a tent in our old house spare bedroom.

Like this one... lots of good info in whole article as well

scroll down to wicker blinds.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/exhaust#wicker-blinds

And here is another link with great ventilation info.

So I'm making a very dumb mistake lol, sometimes the obvious eludes me. I'm in 3rd floor so noise isn't even an issue for people outside. In gonna try duct from inline exhaust directly to window fan, fma, sometimes I'm astounded by my own stupidity. Thank you for pointing out the obvious solution that I didnt even see. My only excuse is too much personal bs but sometimes im just a flake too lol so coulda been either. Now to rearrange room to get fan in other window

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I'm making a very dumb mistake lol, sometimes the obvious eludes me. I'm in 3rd floor so noise isn't even an issue for people outside. In gonna try duct from inline exhaust directly to window fan, fma, sometimes I'm astounded by my own stupidity. Thank you for pointing out the obvious solution that I didnt even see. My only excuse is too much personal bs but sometimes im just a flake too lol so coulda been either. Now to rearrange room to get fan in other window

Also noticed the bends in your exhaust duct are too sharp and too straight down. Gentle turns restrict air flow much less.

I used the 3x per minute air turnover rule and the 4x i take hole size (can be 4 different holes) to one exhaust.

Ie: 1 6” exhaust need 4 6” intakes or equivalent size. Can use u shaped bent duct through the low tent holes with black filter foam strapped over each end or black ladies leggings stockings work too for lightproofing.

Upside down “U” through the holes with each end pointing at the floor for the coolest air and good updraft in the tent.

Also point clip fans inside tent up a bit toward the light and try to cause a vortex upward helps with heat removal and upflow.

And i used the house central ac set a few points lower i think like 72 degrees. And yes it will waste some air exhausting outside.

Top Bottom