Heater glow lights off?

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Well I've got a little delimma. My flower room is too cold with the lights off. It's been getting into the low 50's. Oil filled radiator heaters don't heat up enough qnd I've got my exhaust fan turned down to the lowest setting. SO, I bought an oscillating reflective heater from Costco and the thing puts out some serious heat but it puts off a decent orange glow. I have always made sure there is absolutely no light in my flower room, but I don't know what else to do about the cold temps. Anyone think the orange glow will be OK in the room? Any help is much appreciated!

Surfr

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I would never risk it. The red light from those things is intense. I use the oil filled radiator ones. They take a while to heat up, but once they are kicking they put off a shitload of heat. Can't imagine how it wouldn't be enough ambient heat to keep your room at least 60f unless your room was huge or your insulation is terrible. How much of a chance did you give it?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
+ 1 for oil filled radiating heater

they are more efficient anyhow

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks for the replies guys. I figured the glow would be no bueno. The radiant heater on full blast gets the room to about 57-58. I guess I'll just live with that. I honestly cannot figure out another way to heat the room. I can't add another heater as they draw 1500 watts. Thanks again guys!

Surfr

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
in winter I block up some of my intake - I know it wears out my fan quicker (its been going over 3 years full time now)

but it solves the humidity spiking because the temp drops too much too fast issue and I can maintain 65 degrees with the heater running

also if you can place your heater so that the intake air blows across it

or even put a small fan on low behind your heater it will make it more efficient

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
in winter I block up some of my intake - I know it wears out my fan quicker (its been going over 3 years full time now)

but it solves the humidity spiking because the temp drops too much too fast issue and I can maintain 65 degrees with the heater running

also if you can place your heater so that the intake air blows across it

or even put a small fan on low behind your heater it will make it more efficient

Hmmmm that's a good idea. I have two 12 intakes, I'm going to cover one and put the heater in front of the other. Thanks man!!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
word bro

I have such a small spot and not much power available

have to improvise a lot

J

jjh1957

I had the same problem growing in a shed built outside. I just bought a oil filled from Lowes for $69.00 that kicks ass. It uses 1500 W on high but has an adjustabe power setting. It does such a good job, my A/C Heater combo doesn't get a chance to kick in. Its the best little heater I've seen in a long time.

planesane

planesane

the best thig in ur situation would be a ac unit with a heater. then u can set it to auto and it will stay ac on when needed and auto switch when lights of to heat. i have a mini splt ac which does this.

Top Bottom