Heavy 16 Product review

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I'm going to do a review on a few of the Heavy 16 products that I have been using. I have not used the Foliar or Heavy 16 Finish but I have used everything else. I use Sea Green as a foliar, so I will just order the Finish.

The Heavy 16 Prime is very good stuff, if I could only use one veg additive, this would be it!
What I noticed most about the Heavy Prime, is that it makes my plants stink more than usual. It seems to make my plants pick up a bit more oil production and get stinkier. The Prime itself smells really strong like Vinegar.

Heavy 16 Roots. What I noticed about this product is that it's not really a root booster per say. Before using the roots, I noticed salt or build up on my pots. After running the Roots for several weeks I noticed almost zero salt build up. To me this stuff is more like Drip Clean than a root booster. It helps a great deal with breaking down salts but that's it. It's not really worth the money, I would go with H&G Drip Clean for the price, Heavy 16 Roots is expensive.

Heavy 16 Fire. Another really good product! Using this stuff, I seem to get more bud sites. I think it's best used a week or two before the flip. I used it two weeks after the flip on one plant and the results were not as good. Expensive stuff but so far it's looking like it's worth the money.

Heavy 16 A+B Veg & Bloom

The base nutes for Veg and Flower work really well. It's very PH stable and for me it likes to stay around 6.0PH with RO water.
As long as I run 3-5ml of Calmag per gallon, I get zero deficiencies. I can't say that for some other nutes. I like the base nutes much better than the House & Garden Coco's I was using. I also need to use less of the Heavy 16 to get the same results as the H&G base. I will be sticking to the Heavy 16 base completely.

Excuse me if anything sounds weird, Im really high writing this.

Tony69

Tony69

When you do use the Heavy 16 foliar please let us know what rate of application you use. I see the rate is 40 ml per litre which seems quite high, also it seems to drop the ph down from 7.0 to 5.2 I seen burn at 80 mls per gallon on new growth.

What rate are you applying Sea Green?

OGONLY

OGONLY

I've been running heavy 16 for the past three rounds. I'm in coco as well and use our RO water also. I have also been using the Fire bloom booster additive. Instead of prime I have been using carbo load. Results have been great, but yields just about the same as what I ran before (GH Micro and Bloom, no Grow with Big Bud/ Overdrive, Carboload, hygrozyme, protekt).

I'm not really a fan of the pH stability myself from heavy 16. The first two days I have to add too much PH up. The third day I have to add quite a bit of down. When I'm out of my Heavy 16 base I'm going to give Sensi Bloom a shot. Going back to Big Bud also. Heavy 16 Fire is ok, just not worth the big money they charge for it. I got every bit as good results with big bud and possibly better.

N

nightmarecreature

I've been running heavy 16 for the past three rounds. I'm in coco as well and use our RO water also. I have also been using the Fire bloom booster additive. Instead of prime I have been using carbo load. Results have been great, but yields just about the same as what I ran before (GH Micro and Bloom, no Grow with Big Bud/ Overdrive, Carboload, hygrozyme, protekt).

I'm not really a fan of the pH stability myself from heavy 16. The first two days I have to add too much PH up. The third day I have to add quite a bit of down. When I'm out of my Heavy 16 base I'm going to give Sensi Bloom a shot. Going back to Big Bud also. Heavy 16 Fire is ok, just not worth the big money they charge for it. I got every bit as good results with big bud and possibly better.

In order to give each nute an honest run, I would strictly run each brand, no mix and match. The Prime is some good stuff. Sometimes mixing and matching works out. I mean when I ran H&G, thats all I ran. With the Heavy, Im using a root booster, silica and Sea Green along with the Heavy additives.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Currently using the heavy fire, prime. The finish..i just dont get that product. It felt like a waste? Roots is way costly i agree. Now mixing the Fire,Prime with the VegnBloom Dirty.. Loving the simplicity. But i also love the heavy line..just too many bottles for my dino bones..
Respect

N

nightmarecreature

I believe most bloom additives are just Potassium Sulphate. Sulfur adds oils and resin production in later flower. Heavy 16 Finish is just that. My bottle of finish is on the way. If you dont want to run the Finish, Magnesium sulphate will also do the same thing.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I believe most bloom additives are just Potassium Sulphate. Sulfur adds oils and resin production in later flower. Heavy 16 Finish is just that. My bottle of finish is on the way. If you dont want to run the Finish, Magnesium sulphate will also do the same thing.

I can grab those in raw salts rih NMC?? Good Knowledge brother, Maybe ill give the finish a try once over..
Respect

Legion

Legion

I met the owner way back when he was just kicking off this line.. Was just the base.. The guy is straight up, smart, has some kick ass recipes on his website on how to use his base with just about everything. The bad was it was expensive. Used correctly I think it would kick ass. I still have some quarts.. I bet they are gavle by now though..

tazzy

tazzy

id give the foliar a shot i got a sample from green coast as well as some of the roots and let me tell you the foliar made my leaves sugar out and the smell coming off after was like night and day difference. literally my leaves started to bring on a sparkle after using it. worth a shot in my opinion and i use it along with dutch masters saturator at the suggested strength and ive never gotten burn.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Hey homie, you ever get your res gunkin up switching from HG base to H16? I've been a house Garden guy for years but the results you all are getting with the heavy are pretty top notch.... But I had a buddy say it gunkd up his res pretty bad

The Terps

The Terps

Bryce knows his stuff and makes top quality nutes at a good price too. There stuff yielded amazing results on a friends outdoor plants this year! Their rep James gave me a little secret foliar recipe to use and let me tell you its the cats whiskers! I used their foliar as directed before and loved it but the heavy secret recipe seemed to work even better so here it is per gal add 30mls foliar and 1ml of both roots and fire.
On a side note they gave our shop a bucket of their top dress dry nutrients they will soon be releasing and it also worked well. So mad props to Bryce and James heavy 16 two thumbs up.

The Terps

The Terps

Top dress dry nutes? STFU? For real? Can't wait to see those. Aptus' are expensive.
Ya I didn't use it a coworker did and he got hit with russet mites bad enough to not be able to give it a solid review but ya. A slow release top dress I believe the mix was soaked in heavy foliar I just can't remember and it was just a couple 5 gal sample buckets so I don't know about a price. James normally rolls through my shop once a month so I'll ask him next time and give you guys a more educated response on the product.

N

nightmarecreature

Hey homie, you ever get your res gunkin up switching from HG base to H16? I've been a house Garden guy for years but the results you all are getting with the heavy are pretty top notch.... But I had a buddy say it gunkd up his res pretty bad

The prime and Fire are pretty gunky. Everything else is clean.

N

nightmarecreature

Bryce knows his stuff and makes top quality nutes at a good price too. There stuff yielded amazing results on a friends outdoor plants this year! Their rep James gave me a little secret foliar recipe to use and let me tell you its the cats whiskers! I used their foliar as directed before and loved it but the heavy secret recipe seemed to work even better so here it is per gal add 30mls foliar and 1ml of both roots and fire.
On a side note they gave our shop a bucket of their top dress dry nutrients they will soon be releasing and it also worked well. So mad props to Bryce and James heavy 16 two thumbs up.

The Roots basically did nothing for me. I use Root Enhance by Pure Essentials, nothing beats that stuff, so far not even Start Boost. The Fire's secret is Triacontanol derived from Alfalfa. I'd rather make my own Triacontanol for $22, than waste even 1ml of the Fire.

I really want to make my own personal nutrients but everyone I've seen that is using raw salts or chemical nutes, the buds smoke like crap. Only the full organic or partial organic buds have been great.

T

toquer

I really want to make my own personal nutrients but everyone I've seen that is using raw salts or chemical nutes, the buds smoke like crap. Only the full organic or partial organic buds have been great.
In theory this is great... But in reality you said it, smoke like crap.
My thoughts on that, when you pay Bryce for nutes you get his education and experience. I'm no master nute brewer. I can brew a good batch of beer and grow some tasty herb. But I only react to the plants reaction to Bryce's brew, if she needs a bit more of this or that great, I can see that and adjust. But to think I'm good enough (been to college, mastered in chemistry, had field experience, etc, like Bruce has) to mix upwards of forty compounds to derive a specific nutrient profile is a joke. Is a joke for any grower to assume that. I won't dare assume my education in psychobiology can let me understand how it all works. Anyways... Yeah in theory.

I haven't found expensive nutrients yet. I'm in soil. Cost of goods sold vs gross revenues tells me I'm doing it just right.

velocity

velocity

Why is it on every Oc out on the net there is always someone who runs a SS and bitches that nutes are shit, or someone runs Aptus and tons of people start the bull shit parade? I think if you run a SS then you evidently think every nute on the market is whack compared to SS, yet noone that grows more than a closet full uses a SS. Can someone explain to me the validity of someone using a SS to stick thier knose in on a nute thread and throw a punch or 2? Just seems full on retard to me.

T

thump1

foliar does have a dramatic effect within hours. i use 90 mls and works the same no need for 150 ml. finish is just fulvic acid. fire is good by itself but i found it lacking. fire plus rsn8 by rock is gold for me. been on veg and bloom base for a while now wouldn't change it for anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom