Heavy Duty Fruity????

• Thread starter basil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

basil

Has anyone had any luck with this strain?

When I read the description years ago (as a newby) I thought 'wow' high yielding and yet great quality.

But as I read reports from real people, my heart sank. Best comment I heard was it was "so so" and the other reports go downhill from there.

But I am wondering if anyone has found an four star quality pheno that also produces the 600+ grams per meter???

If so, out of how many seeds did you find this pheno?

thanks

yts farmer

yts farmer

i popped 5 hdf a good few years back and only got 1 female,i also had 2 mutant males and to runt males.

early on my female looked to be a bit strange with twisted leaves and but grew out of it after some veg time.

after about 65 days the hdf had put out some dense resin coated fruity smelling buds,even changes colour if you drop the temps end of flower.hdf seemed to be a very good yielder for me and my conditions were far from ideal so i suppose someone with a dialed in enviroment could get near there estimated yield.

when smoked had a nice fruity flavour and had a decent punch to it.

was eager to germ the other 5 beans but they got misplaced so after all these years i have a pack of these on there way to me this week as i reckon from my first run of 1 female which i was gonna bin early on she is deffo worth another shot.

hope this aint breaking any rules i have a picture of my hdf at around day 35 or so but it in my gallery on the other site.

D

Donk Frog

I am going to be flowering some HDF in two weeks......check out the thread

I have some HDF and some Purple Wreck growing the thread will follow them from seed to finish with weekly updates...

S

selfhemployed

Anyone else have info on this strain? Looks incredible

K

Kushtard

wierd, coincidence, but I was at another site and (it was a seeds site ) and I went to put some purple afghan in my imaginary cart $$$ and heavy duty fruity was already in there and not a freebie/ Saved like a cookie ro something. So at some time I must have thought it was a cool idea. i think I heard that something about it was good. Prob in the days I was looking at a bubblegum or something. So I am curious. I am glad it was famous becasue at one point I was a noob and made some dumb choices!

B

BlindCripple

Premium Member
Supporter
I had a friend in town grow this strain a few years ago. It was a nice yielding plant, and the buds tasted good. As far as potency went it was pretty good but nothing amazing.

devious d

devious d

ive had some finished product from pals grow , stunk i mean reeked and was good quality didnt see his grow, but has always made me feel like ordering a pack.

H

hugonaut

heavy duty fruity

I grew this last season. greenhouse. would be good sog candidate as it had little side branching and large main cola. It was a leafy bugger. stood out against other strains about three times larger in diameter. a little more work in manicuring but very aromatic pretty buds. this one would be easy to prematurely harvest because of the leaf structure. like looking at a long hair cat, giving it a bath to have a skinny little rat.

D

dank_

When I read the description years ago (as a newby) I thought 'wow' high yielding and yet great quality.

But as I read reports from real people, my heart sank. Best comment I heard was it was "so so" and the other reports go downhill from there.

But I am wondering if anyone has found an four star quality pheno that also produces the 600+ grams per meter???

thanks

I just bought 10 seeds of HDF. From what I read online, the phenos vary. I hope to get the good pheno, but with only 10 seeds, my chances are low. The descriptions of the good pheno are exactly what I want, so I had to do it.

T

toothless

thanks

it is said.... that if you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all. well.....in this case I will make an exception...
it was however my biggest yealding strain.
it was a massive sativa nightmare.. all pistols with nary a hint of resin. huge colas of unsmokable crack snapple and pop! actually got more than a pound of this red hair crap from one plant indoors. I got it as a clone from a member named medicine man on Overgrow and picked up some seeds in Amsterdam at the THseeds shop along with mendicino madness both garbage sorry to say...
I loved the thseeds shop in the Dam, they smoked me out with some bho and the Sage was good. I wanted things to turn out better with the seeds though.

sorry to be negative but wouldnt want anyone to go threw what I did.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

What might you call a 'connoisseur strain'?

typically a connoiseur strain is not available in seed form. also, since connoiseur strains usually yield less, as they are bred for potency/taste instead of yield.

HDF is very commercial/generic bud

M

MMRC Grower

typically a connoiseur strain is not available in seed form. also, since connoiseur strains usually yield less, as they are bred for potency/taste instead of yield.

Every plant has to start from a seed. I've gotten a ton of strains I would consider "connoisseur" quality. But at the same time, you cant just buy a 5 pack of seeds and expect to get that one. I usually buy 10 at a time. Then if I dont find that one Im looking for, I'll buy 10 more. If I still dont find it, then I'll move on to the next strain.

Im currently running some HDF's right now. I mothered them out and will take clones from them next week, then flower out those clones as a test run. One thing is for sure though, HDF grow huge and fast.

M

MIway

connoiseur strains usually yield less, as they are bred for potency/taste instead of yield.

Yeah that... very commercial, blah beasters... back when I got suckered in by the marketing hype... never had anything good come from this stock.

DeRail

DeRail

I have 2 flowering now 12 weeks is way to long for me they are both twice the size of anything in the room over 6 feet for one with 2 foot colas i will not be doing this strain indoor again.

altimood

altimood

Mine threw big buds, the main cola was a football. BUT the smoke was marginal. Just me though...

D

DirtyBilly

When i first started up growing in the uk over 10 years ago i did a few runs of both THseeds and serious seeds strains.
Did sage and hdf and another thseeds strain that was unmemorable.
TH was alot more of a pheno hunt throwing out a large number of pretty bog standard uninspiring plants , shame really as i remember being geared up for the hdf and very disapointed , some big budded plants (not all) but the smoke had a HINT only of fruityness.
for the price id get something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom