• Thread starter Pushrod Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

AK22055830​

Type: MVC-Fatal

Dispatch Text:
On 6/4/2022 at 1437 hours, AST in Ketchikan received a report of a motorcycle crash with serious injuries on North Tongass Highway. Investigation revealed that James Schenk, age 63 of Ketchikan, was traveling Northbound behind a van that was preparing to turn left from the highway. Schenk attempted to pass the van on the left in a double yellow/no passing zone and impacted the driver’s side of the van causing significant injury. Other riders from the group stopped and attempted to render aid to Schenk until EMS arrived. Schenk was transported to a local hospital in Ketchikan in critical condition where he later died as a result of his injuries. Next of kin has been notified.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

He’s gone, folks. Another cannabis pioneer is history now. Peace for his family and friends.

Alaska Cannabis Cache.

E

Eggman2

Thank you for this thread, Pushrod Monkey. This tragedy happened just down the highway from me here in Ketchikan. If folks knew, if/when they find out his history he will get the credit he deserves after mostly keeping out of the spotlight until recently. You will be greatly missed DJ. RIP Jimmy.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thank you for this thread, Pushrod Monkey. This tragedy happened just down the highway from me here in Ketchikan. If folks knew, if/when they find out his history he will get the credit he deserves after mostly keeping out of the spotlight until recently. You will be greatly missed DJ. RIP Jimmy.
Wow. Someone FINALLY replied. Thanks for caring. He was something else.

E

Eggman2

Haven`t posted here in years and had to reregister. First read it early last weekend after coming here to look for anything about this. I've known DJ for decades but just in the last few years did we connect. He made a tremendous contribution to this cause......

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Haven`t posted here in years and had to reregister. First read it early last weekend after coming here to look for anything about this. I've known DJ for decades but just in the last few years did we connect. He made a tremendous contribution to this cause......
I’ve been maintaining his IBL Durban since he had his health crisis in 2018. I always give credit to ACC as the source and make it clear he was the guy who brought it from Africa in 1979. But at least he went the way an HA would want to go.

E

Eggman2

I don`t get around much on the various platforms. Have any of the "heavyweights" mentioned this on other platforms? Mud Bight Delight, PePe and Indacouch favorites here with me.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I don`t get around much on the various platforms. Have any of the "heavyweights" mentioned this on other platforms? Mud Bight Delight, PePe and Indacouch favorites here with me.
Nobody has mentioned anything. And the ACC website is just a greeting page. I’m told by people who know that his son took over after the heart attack because Jim was just going to retire. First thing that was decided was no more regular seeds. Feminized only. But then Jim recovered really well and continued to be the old DJ but a private solo act and no ads or anything else. Absolutely word of mouth.

A friend down in the Mat Su is running his Dirty Jim and says it’s an incredible strain. MBD X Bruce Banner.

E

Eggman2

I hope and pray for his family. I also hope and pray that someone is looking out for this community.
On a side note, the location of the accident isn`t missed by me. Considering the tragedy, the location, to me seems perfect. That is the only thing about this that helps me with this loss. Peace

E

Eggman2

The night before I had him in my thoughts and new it was time to check in. I was pretty shaken by this news. Pisser

E

Eggman2

The accident happened right at the entrance to Mud Bight State Park. F##king A.

Top Bottom