Heirloom Ogs Vs. Og Polyhybrids???

• Thread starter Krypto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

I've had a few OGs in my time. But not enough to pick a couple packs of beans out of the literally thousands for my MMJ garden.
Larry is in my top 10. But, Im looking at the Lotus Larry from Bodhi. My thought is...why wouldn't you get the Lotus Larry especially if you can get Larry dom phenos, same structure, and terps, bigger yields and easier to grow. AND it's Sativa leaning, wich is what i am looking for. Another Eixample is Bubba Kush vs... say HillBilly Armor. ANY feedback on this subject my be helpful.

M

MamaBear

Just about everything is a hybrid these days unless you track down some ancient landrace. Go with whatever will give you what you are looking for. Growing out seeds means you'll have to do some pheno hunting but you'll find it.

Natural

Natural

no argument here..seed vigor is great. so is increased stem strength..ease of growth..yield. but, some of us are purists and there's not always a keeper in a pack of seeds..plus the time and space to test them

Krypto

Krypto

Just about everything is a hybrid these days unless you track down some ancient landrace. Go with whatever will give you what you are looking for. Growing out seeds means you'll have to do some pheno hunting but you'll find it.
Yeah, your right about the hybrids. I DO have the APCK. Afghani, Pakistani, Citral, Kush....that my puré bread. HAVE you ran any particular OGs that you liked?

T

TheBotanist

In my expirence anything the Snow lotus touches it actually takes away from the flavor.. sure it might add some more frost in the equation but at the expense of the flavors.. naaaaaah! run with an Appy cross. If you are shooting for a good genotype to select from i would get a few packs of the Golden Triangle. there have been some outstanding phenotypes plucked from this genotype you wouldnt be disappointed. i Took an OG dom male and hit her on to So Cal master and have a few hundred seeds im super excited to run through!

-Dre

Krypto

Krypto

, thanks botanist
Love triangle sounds awesome! I was actually looking at Prayer Tower but I'm really liking the fuzz! Just from what I've read. Chemdog 91 X Appalachia. Who knows... So many strains. LOL thanks for the reply

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Seeds are easy to get and grow, but it rarely ends up better than the Heirloom they were made from IMO. Triangle Kush.

Krypto

Krypto

Yep... South Florida crypto 1992. And I think the Bubba was part of that, and then the ghost OG. I don't know from experience but I would imagine the airline's probably have the better original tribes that everybody fell in love with in the first place. Plus I'm a minimalist I like the less-is-more approach. I haven't been able to purchase any seeds lately but I'm looking at archive, rare dankness, apothecary... I've got to CBD skunk Haze phenotypes some working out and then Chemdog strain that I made it to love I'm picking through those and it's strain called spider bite it's the c99 Widow X super silver haze but the Golden Goose of my MMJ Garden is probably the OG Ringo... It's been impossible for me to forget any information on its genetics. And that's even after over a year correspondence with the Ringo family.

Top Bottom