Heirloom Seeds Acapulco G.

• Thread starter 70sMFunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

70sMFunk

Hey, I'm here on the west coast and interested in all the possibilities in the cannabis industry. Knowing how cannabis was in the 70's- 80's, it's finally being recognized for its many healthy uses.
I love having heirloom seeds to me, I prefer over hybrid or grafting etc... Acapulco Gold would be a cool heirloom to find the about 24-26, remember were talking 70's.

shaganja

shaganja

1551894718009 148343652
my buddy ran one last summer. was too long for our short summer. but dusted with dr. greenthumbs iranian. that runs real nice out here. and this is it. didnt document. prolly 3 weeks old. gonna find the fast ones to use outdoor.

shaganja

shaganja

thats backwards. dusted an iranian with acapulco. the iranian is only available fems

Reactions: km1
shaganja

shaganja

anyway, finished the acapulco gold crossed to the iranian. it grows sativa. long thin leaves. long internodal. some were short due to the iranian. took 11 weeks to finish. could of done one more week. packed two bong loads. waited for the up sativa high......still waiting.........feeling kinda stoney.....huh, i feel like i just smoked an indica....kinda. its stoney, kinda clear head tho. mellow, not stupid stoned. easy, happy, everthing just kinda rolls off ya. the more i burn it, the more i enjoy it! would be a nice strain to start a ptsd strain with. this strain confuses me. it grows sativa. it feels indica. it also feels cbd. you get that wierd cherry backnote, that i have tasted trying cbd strains before. might sound stupid, but i think aca was a hemp strain bred for thc. thats my smoke report on acapulco gold. side note. they all favored the aca side. didnt get much iranian from the f1's. maybe the f2's will show me more diversity.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

All that nostalgia, in the early 90s or go even further back to the 70s, the ave thc content was 2 to 4%, you loved it back then as did i, when I started growing again I started growing strains with a thc content of 20% +, the very best weed I could get back then was about 15% (kona gold) so if you can find legitimate accupoco gold and you can you may be disappointed with the thc content unless of course you can find a hybrid, what I'm trying to explain is the very very best weed I could get back in the day is now mid to low grade smoke.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The Mexican was the 1st smoke I saw, back in 69. I was just a kid, but not a good one and my babysitter used to sell me nickel bags of Mex for $5 (which is why it was called a nickel bag, a quarter Oz of smoke). It wasn't unusual to smoke a few joints to get high and it was usually leafy, tasted lousy, and didn't give you much of a buzz. When Colombian arrived about 5 years later, it was light years stronger than the Mexican. The Acapulco Gold was a stronger strain, but it was widely misidentified as it was usually just regular Mexican. It was full of seeds, but the smoke grown from the seeds was typically better than the stuff that was purchased... probably from being old and not taken care of during harvest and distribution...hell, nobody knew anything about growing.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

what I'm trying to explain is the very very best weed I could get back in the day is now mid to low grade smoke.
Unless ya had connections for weed like this :)
20190609 102713

This is Colombian or Acapulco Gold I can't recall exactly which the pound was sold to me as in 1976, but it's the second most powerful marijuana I've ever smoked in my life. The most powerful was red Columbian in 1973. Nothing these days is in that League regardless of what its THC content may or may not be imho

therealAries

therealAries

Bodhis AG ie nierika seed trust is absolutely authentic running some right now and plan to move onto them after my next alien project as i need 100s of seed for future ie preservation. Vaped some back in 2011 and that stuff was so god damn cerebral and the high to me lasted about 4-5 hours. Now to sample bodhis offering of Acapulco and hopefully have a blast from the past

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The smoke was good back then, but everything is relative. The smoke of today is much stronger than anything we ever got hold of. The THC content was low, but people didn't develop the tolerance for it like they do today. Ask anyone who smokes a lot of concentrates and they will tell you that they quickly develop a tolerance to it. Anything of more than avg potency was legendary. I still grow some original strains from the 70s, and I know they are original as I have grown them myself for as long. As great as the legendary Matanuska Thunderf**k was, it is pretty tame compared to today's strains. Even if you got the original Colombian and other super strains, they wouldn't be impressive in today's market solely because of the high potency of other products. Believe me, I wish I could relive the days of old, but anymore, I get high but can't get blasted from decades of smoking. Unless I subsist on lower quality commercial smoke and then try somethin much better, I just can't get the buzzes of days past. Maybe with the exception of going from commercial to shatter the 1st time. That was impressive.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

Bodhis AG ie nierika seed trust is absolutely authentic running some right now and plan to move onto them after my next alien project as i need 100s of seed for future ie preservation. Vaped some back in 2011 and that stuff was so god damn cerebral and the high to me lasted about 4-5 hours. Now to sample bodhis offering of Acapulco and hopefully have a blast from the past
Hi, I was looking on Bodhis website and AG is not listed. Would you be interested in selling me some seeds?

shaganja

shaganja

I ran it, but a light leak gave me seeded plants. I still love the buzz. She calms me right down. Have brain injury stuff going on and this is the medicine for me! I liked it so much, as soon as harvest was done, cracked another batch of em! Will be putting in flower room soon! Thanks bodhi! And doc greenthumb too!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom