Hello all newish farmer having ph issues :(

• Thread starter XtreemLee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XtreemLee

XtreemLee

FYI I have a lot of “quality” experience so I understand how to eliminate any variables. My cleaning is/was an issue, the net pots and buckets I cleaned from my one grow had some build up. I didn’t sanitize my air stones or lines cause they sat dry for a couple months. I think my main problem is too much nutes, but I am going to eliminate the variables I introduced due to being lazy about cleaning.
I experienced yellowing on my first grow and lost plants as I was flowering, but my ph meter had failed and I was left with ph strips and no ec values so I just followed the table/tea spoons per gallon on the instructions which I think most of you are saying is too much.
So what should my ec be for the vegetative state in a bubble bucket? From what I read here and other places no more that 1.2 ec?

XtreemLee

XtreemLee

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Thanks for everyone’s input:

my list
Verify well water ec. That’s important I need to really understand what my starting point is. I ordered some cal/mag and another drop style ph test system. I use a Hanna pen that does ph and ec, I recalibrate often, but have had issues with it in the past. I have strips I use when I have doubts but paper and color is only so good.
I need to pay attention to ec better. I think I have been adding to much nutrients. I usually pull water and let it warm up as well water is cold.
I will check ph and ec of my well water and verify what I’ve said previously.
I haven’t cleaned my buckets or net pots very well and went through everything today. I can’t clean the net pots that have plants in them but I can clean everything else, and am doing that with hydrogen peroxide and water.
So my plan is as follows:
Verify well water ph and ec, I’m confident my ph is 8 but never really looked at incoming ec.
Once I have that I have to flush these plants with the net pots and gravel that’s already in place. I don’t think the stress of flushing is any worse than my ph being out of control.
Then i am going to let them sit in ph balanced well water. Let that go for day and check again. Again, I’m listening and I’ve read all you’ve posted.

I don’t balance ph until I’ve added all nutes, cause my nutes always change it a bit.

XtreemLee

XtreemLee

^^^ that's an excellent point. I'm four weeks into flower and not running as high of an EC -- doubt I ever will. Hydro simply doesn't warrant that. Didn't take that into account, though my personal experience hasn't warranted facing such an issue (yet). Good lookin out for sure.
What’s your ec for veg and flower? Are u using bubble buckets?

Top Bottom