Hello And Thank You

• Thread starter Atom420kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Atom420kid

Atom420kid

I've been lurking on this board for quite some time now and honestly appreciate the knowledge and wealth of info found on this site. I've never posted because I haven't needed too due to the fact all my questions thus far have pretty much been answered in topics all over this board.
I've pretty much been around grow ops most my life and assisted many grows but I've now noticed you don't so much learn the knitty gritty helping other farms as doing your own room. Originally I had no plan on doing my own crop but my brother ran into some divorce issues and ended up neglecting some genetics that have been in our little circle for years, due to our shitty states laws he got scared of his soon to be ex wife turning evil and asked if I would regenerate the stressed genetics and maintain them for a short time. Long story short being a good friend I got his lighting and some equipment and dying genetics in Dixie cups and then he had to go work off shore. I kept cloning out and cloning it with an aeroponic cloner and bought some bags of happy frog and ocean forest and thought I'd be done. Not the case! Eventually after some money and setup with the lesson of if you're going to grow (even maintaining mothers) don't jump into it and actually prep everything before you get plants in there! I encountered so many issues from spider mites (from his originals) to stress and light problems, it was frustrating learning curve to say the least. But due to all the reading on this site and research I established some amazing mothers! So time goes and moneys spent I finally figure well what's the point of dumping money into plants I won't enjoy the fruit of? So I moved my mothers to a different room and set my closet with 1000w hid and thought shit yeah I'm ready!!! Oh how wrong I was. Again prep and research before hand will do wonders. I flip these bad boys to 12s under my hid being ignorant heat, temp fluctuations, humidity, ignorance of believing ocean forest can maintain plants for months on just distiller water, and other things and ended up with a super low no Bueno crop. I've since done an abundance of research (like a lot a lot) and rebuilt my closet and got everything pretty solid dialed in at 75 to 79 Fahrenheit lights on and 65 to 70 lights off with around 55 to 60 relative humidity (I'm aware I'm in the danger zone on this one but funds are killing that issue time being) I've gotten to a pretty good feeding nute regimen that I think these genetics like and things are finally looking up for the room. I'm at week six and the girls are looking happy. I've practiced and tested several training methods researched here and found what each gene does best with and have really discovered that through all the stress, money I couldn't afford to spend, problems, and everything that I really really love horticulture and I think I may be pretty good at it with a promising potential. So just thank you to the people here for the write ups and help and just generally all yall do! I've found a passion and feeling of love for growing that I've never felt. I think that is why I've now decided to become a functioning member of this site. To further educate myself and possibly help others some day and be part of the community. I'll post up some pics of the flowering plants Later when it's lights on. Genetics are

Pinconing purple paralyzer (think its really purple paralysis)
Bubble funk
Back crossed double dead head og San Fernando valley kush
Blackberry kush
Sour diesel
Diff breeders sour diesel
Super lemon haze

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Welcome to the Farm!

Glad to have ya. Good on you, having done your homework and whatnot. This place is wonderful, one of the best canna forums out there.

One Love,
tobh

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm.
It's good to see a farmer that studies the forums.Because all the answers to all the problems are out there for the savy.
Best of luck.
Peace

Atom420kid

Atom420kid

Thanks. Yeah I figure most issues I have aren't some cray cray problem that no one else has ever encountered and received help so generally search buttons, Google, and a lot of reading can solve a lot of things and not clutter boards for others. Glad to be here

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm, what an introduction, your plate is FULL! I want to reassure you that higher RH levels do not automatically mean trouble. I don't like growing indoors (because I don't like being married to a grow), but when I do I regularly run higher RH levels. If the plants are healthy, it won't matter. Conversely, if they're unhealthy, it won't matter.

Get your grow on!

Atom420kid

Atom420kid

Welcome to the farm, what an introduction, your plate is FULL! I want to reassure you that higher RH levels do not automatically mean trouble. I don't like growing indoors (because I don't like being married to a grow), but when I do I regularly run higher RH levels. If the plants are healthy, it won't matter. Conversely, if they're unhealthy, it won't matter.

Get your grow on!
Thank you and that makes me feel a little more at ease about my rh! My hope is that with a fan moving the babies around slightly and persistent monitoring I can hopefully avoid possible humidity problems at the rh I'm at for now...

Top Bottom