Hello, and the Big Squeeze

• Thread starter Herb Growen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Growen

Herb Growen

After seeing again on the news about how the corporations have been positioning themselves to own everything in this industry, I figured it was time to look for producers in this state to align with. But lo, lookie here! You guys are already here. Awesome.

Anyway, who is making up these stupid rules/laws about who the new shops can buy from (only other shops and dispensaries)? If that isn't a back-door foundation for monopoly, what is? It would sure be nice if we were all permitted to supply these new smoke shops, no? Is this issue on the radar screen in here?

Nice to meet everyone.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm, Herb. I assume you're in either CO or WA. There's a LOT of discussion about what's happening in CO here, not quite as much about WA. Get ready for an education (since you asked)!

Herb Growen

Herb Growen

Thank you. I guess I am feeling the urgency to unite the independent growers, probably locally -by state, in order to have some presence in government as this industry begins to get hijacked by Phillip Morris and other really big corporations. Here in Colorado, 378 pot shops are set to open for business on the 1st. They are required to purchase their inventory from other pot shops, OR medical dispensaries ONLY. How fishy is that? Why have the people who have made this market, the independent growers and producers be excluded from the process completely? There are already predictions of a mega shortage, early on, and then nothing on the shelves of these pot shops for several months, or until the first "legal" batches of cultivated weed becomes available.

Meanwhile, alllll of these local growers I know are just sitting on extra, because it is December, and the Cali summer crop always saturates the December market, but they can't even offer it to these pot shops who will surely need it sooner than later. So it seems that local producers with extra, legal, medicinal leftovers will be excluded from the "legal" market now, as if this were coca leaves or decongestant, while the big players get positioned to run it all. When they get their way fully, there will likely be reasons offered to ban anyone from doing it at all, and subsequent laws likely will be passed. It is the easiest way to eliminate their competition. Doesn't anyone think that we need to get organized? Anyone know how to even do that, safely? What is "safe" going to mean, when the corps have all the representation at the statutory level? Just thinking out loud...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gonna be hard to stop the wheels already in motion in your state herb,hold on for the ride and welcome to the farm.

Top Bottom