Hello, canadian light options.

• Thread starter StefanWolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StefanWolf

StefanWolf

I've spent the past week researching and looking into led light options for candians. The import fees and wait times with virus are over the top, so it leaves us jn a weird place when purchasing vs a US citizen.

Our light options are poor here
If not hlg it would be a light like marshydro or spider farmer.

Which one sf 4000 runs an 860 plus tax tag. Which is outrageous.

I came across this board and it seems to be good for its value what do you think? Would you buy it?

I'm running a 4x4 scrog with 4 plants.

2 should be enough, but I'm considering a third in ther, that's three for the same price as one sf 4000.

720w in a 4x4 vs 480w

The only difference seems that this board uses epstir diodes

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
BigCube

BigCube

I am Canadian, speak for yourself man.
None of that is true.

And yes, 2x 240w in a 4x4 should be good.

BigCube

BigCube

I'm just saying, we have access to the exact same websites as America's. We can order the exact same lights as them, for the same price once you account for the exchange rate.

Canada isnt some backwoods country that doesnt have access to things, like the OP made it out to be. The exchange rate is different, shipping times may be a little longer (only sometimes, like when the world is going through a pandemic) but its not like you cant buy the same light as an american for the same price as them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm just saying, we have access to the exact same websites as America's. We can order the exact same lights as them, for the same price once you account for the exchange rate.

Canada isnt some backwoods country that doesnt have access to things, like the OP made it out to be. The exchange rate is different, shipping times may be a little longer (only sometimes, like when the world is going through a pandemic) but its not like you cant buy the same light as an american for the same price as them.
agree number may look cheaper but exchange and wage rates are reflective of that

airedog

airedog

Supporter

While i agree with your core message, we don't necessarily have access to the same US websites; depends on the licensing agreements with the manufacturer, xx.com or xx.ca. the prices are fairly close though. Don't forget that you may or may not get heavily dinged on customs/duty and brokerage fees if ordering from the US.

Top Bottom