• Thread starter Growmyfirst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

Piclast

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Its looking stronger everyday, what kind of soil did you use to transplant?

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

Looks like you will heading for the rummage pile and the hardware store soon. I wish that there had been a site like this when I started growing. When I cut my first crop, we dried it smoked it and got a nasty headache!
IMG 2393

Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

So I am actually in college and I was gone for fall break this week. I explained to my roommate how to water it but he didn't get it because the leaves are how they are. I don't know if it could also be that the light was too close to it? I just replaced the light with a 2 foot LED setup hanging 7 inches from the top of the plant so that should be better.

THCdurk

THCdurk

How many watts is it? For cfl you should try to have at least like 300 watts bro for it to actually start putting in work and or the plant to explode with growth lol. You should stick some more in there or just buy one big 150w cfl bulb and put it in there with that big panel you got hanging. That's just what I would do. See what other people say

Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

How many watts is it? For cfl you should try to have at least like 300 watts bro for it to actually start putting in work and or the plant to explode with growth lol. You should stick some more in there or just buy one big 150w cfl bulb and put it in there with that big panel you got hanging. That's just what I would do. See what other people say
20151019 115909
Ive been using this bulb in the black lamp. Its only 26W and 1570 lumens. The new LED strip is 24inches long, 1800 lumens and 20W. Im guessing I've been doing it wrong, on that picture it says daylight is 6500K. And the light emitted by the strip is around 4000k. So you are saying i should put both on to make it 5570K? Or should i buy something else?

THCdurk

THCdurk

I mean you can keep your set up like that but more lights equals more growth and faster growth. For example when I had a closet set up I had 10 26w cfls and some people would probably say that's still not enough I think the rule for each plant is your supposed to have like 8000 lumens per plant. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. So I mean you can keep the setup or change it up to ypu. I would just fit as many 26w in there as possible. Or buy a 150-250w cfl bulb. And I would add a fan and thermometer if you don't already have bro. Get some air circulating in there

Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

I mean you can keep your set up like that but more lights equals more growth and faster growth. For example when I had a closet set up I had 10 26w cfls and some people would probably say that's still not enough I think the rule for each plant is your supposed to have like 8000 lumens per plant. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. So I mean you can keep the setup or change it up to ypu. I would just fit as many 26w in there as possible. Or buy a 150-250w cfl bulb. And I would add a fan and thermometer if you don't already have bro. Get some air circulating in there
Oh I see. I am definitely going to get a 150-250w cfl bulb and have that & the LED going. How did you fit 10 in there? Thanks for letting me know but I do have a fan in there, I was planning on getting a timer for it, or should it run on low at all times? ill post a picture of it. I do not have a thermometer yet.

THCdurk

THCdurk

I used a whole bunch of those y splitters where it fits 2 bulbs to one socket. And I put 3 in each socket so it'd fit 4 bulbs. And oh alright my b bout double posting my phone is driving me nuts. I'd seriously consider 150 watt hps with built in ballast they run like 60-80 bucks on amazon

Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

@THCdurk Ohh i gotcha..its all good..im looking online , i might take the led back and get the hps. if i can find the receipt lol

Growmyfirst

Growmyfirst

So i lost the receipt for the LED. Decided to keep it and got another lamp and bulb. Since this is my first grow and i lost the receipt, i am going to keep this setup. So in total, the LED gives 4000k and the lamp 2700k so thats 6700k. I am also going to get some aluminum foil to put on the walls. what else can be used that is reflective ?

Top Bottom