Hello, closet garden on it's own...

• Thread starter SativaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaMan

SativaMan

Hello, i have a small piece of heaven in my closet and they are in vegetative state, i have a programed light with 16 hours of light and 9 hours of dark and they must be watered by hand, i don't have a pump or something else that can water them regularly...
The problem is that i must leave home for about 7 days, the whole household is....what can i do?
Is it ok if i put the pots in a bowl of water,i think this way the bottom will be soaked and they can take the water from there?
I hope somebody can help me with an advice.
I'm waiting for some replays.:sweating Thanks a lot!:bow

J

jimbobthe3rd

Few questions before i offer my advice to your situation...

What type of lighting? Does it put off much heat?
What type of medium are the girls in?
Is there good amount of air flow or little or no air exchange happening?

SativaMan

SativaMan

I have 2 CFL 64w so they don't put off much heat.
The medium is traditional soil from the flower shop,with good drainage and on top of it i put some gravel to keep the soil moist.
There is little airflow....little air exchange happening.

P

Patman

thats going to be an even more serious problem, because they would have been fine for the 7 days with a very good water before u left, plants can survive droughts of course. As for the air flow thats going to be a killer, if u have it in a closest with doors closed etc. with no air flow you will most likely have a very sick even dead plant at 7 days. how big are your girls?

SativaMan

SativaMan

i tought of this and i think i will put them in the bathtub and soak the bottom of the pot about 2 cm in water and leave them there with the light too.
They are exactly 2 month old today and they are about 10-15 cm tall....they are starting to develop branches...

Top Bottom