Hello Colorado Farmers

• Thread starter Jamaica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamaica

Jamaica

Hey there,
I am currently in greater Denver area, making a research about the strains, and the way you grow them here.
I've been in more than 25 dispensaries in a week, so I really have an idea now about the marijuana offered at dispensaries, at least at Rec ones. The quality was fine, but not the same quality you can found in cannabis cups or in home growers, most of them were to dried, another odourless, and the ones who has them well, not all of the stuff was as the same quality. but that not the subject.
I wonder if someone can clarify my why I 've found in almost all the
dispensaries I visit, the same strains?
blue dream, tahoe og, moss boss, hells angels og, durban poison (for me that's not a durban smells like haze), juicy fruit, a lot of rare dankness (if not all), some lemon strains, sour, Chemdog 91, alien og, the list is long but the same almost everywhere. and the ones who had some variety were crosses from their own, and they were crosses we can all made with what we have. nothing to much worked and not too much diversity, i mean they can have true sativas, hybrids and indicas from all over the world, or not?. I haven't found a real sativa here. only headquarters from boulder show me the most sativa i've seen here. and it was a super lemon haze (or similar)
so are the producers the same people? the producers of clones? do you have a law that not allows to grow other strains? I mean strains that provides from out of the state??
I hope you can help me with this inquiry.
also I am willing to continue visiting grows, so please let me know by private message if you want to meet to change some grow tips and strains talking jejee I 've been in Noco3 hemp expo and meet good people there too!
thank you to you all farmers!
keep growing
Jn./

Sorry forgot to say that you state is really amazing, its similar to my country, so I love the way you live here and the weather you have. extreme weathers are my favourites!

xavier7995

xavier7995

They do tend to all have the same strains. Those are the popular names that people want to buy. Unfortunately, its really expensive for them to produce great sativas so they are not something you would really find, the longer flowering times work against it. No laws regarding it other than the laws of economics:) The commercial/rec dispensaries are in a really really competitive market so they have to cater to what sells and is cheap to produce.

It is sort of like how mj seed producers are all making auto and fem seeds, its what the public as a whole wants but it sort of leaves the connoisseur grower out in the cold.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

There is such a high turnover rate for the flowers (selling out of old, getting new in) that they can never keep a supply of fresh flowers in. They use quick drying methods and quick curing methods which leaves the buds odorless and crumble to dust dry. If there were an excess in supply and they didn't sell out of every strain they have in stock in a few weeks from getting a harvest, then they would have more high end shops that had properly cured flowers and only catered to connoisseurs and rich people. You can grow all the different strains that they have but until it is properly slow dried and cured then it is all going to smell like hay and have no flavor.

Jamaica

Jamaica

Aha, I agree with you both,
but there are different prices too, so why don't grow a Sativa and put them in a top shelf by $70 an 1/8 or more? why there is no market to connoisseurs and expert or fanatic in flowers? sometimes the cheapest way to produce is self-defeating...
also there are same prices for nices buds than for odourless ones... don't know... seems weird to me...

Jamaica

Jamaica

also I think that spare in genetics makes no sense when they use a lot of fertilizers, and expensive equipment...

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Space and time man why take the time to run a pure sativia that takes 14+ weeks when you can run some hybrid and chop at 8 then just slap a name on it that's hot. Most locals don't go to. Shops most natives grow or know a good grower I've seen so many different cuts and so much fire but it all comes from home grows

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Sativa would be a seasonal thing and it would be outdoor only. It doesnt make sense for a business to put a plant that takes up more space and takes longer to grow under a light that could earn them twice as much money in less time.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I have found the prices charged have very little to do with the actual cannabis. It is more by reputation of the store, stores that can get people in the door charging 70 will do so. They have just marketed their product better.

Like gravekat mentioned, most local folks grow their own or just buy from someone who does. It just isn't possible for the dispensaries to meet the demand that exists and also maintain quality...and well some are just money hungry.

Did you find any standout shops? I do think its neat going to the drug store and seeing/buying the various extracts/edibles/lotions/etc. I just wouldn't buy regular old mj from them since I can do it better and way way cheaper.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
It's like budwiser or if you will coors they sell so much and it's all cheep rice or corn beer(not knocking corn beer I'm trying to make some tezwino) they can sell a few cases of craft if they wanted to but why when it's cheeper to sell a few kinds of cheep easily mass produced beer . Btw anyone ever down for a craft beer hit me up I know so many spots I'd like to vote our next meeting take place in my hood lol bolder county to Larimer

xavier7995

xavier7995

I am just biding my time till weed hits that craft growing point that beer is now in.

YES!!!! I will take that $200/gram of bud that took 1.5 years to grow inside an igloo illuminated by bio-luminescence grown by eskimo monks. And gonna feel fancy doing it and grow pretentious facial hair.

Someday...someday...

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Cool beard ginger dog

Jamaica

Jamaica

hahaha thank you guys but too much off-topics. I was trying to have a serious conversation.
I get the point but I think it could be done better, there are a lot of high yielding strains, you don't have to use the same everywhere. that seems more unknowing than productive minds... thousands and thousands of crosses out there, hundreds of breeders, to end up growing 10 or 15 strains in all the dispensaries? doesn't seem smart to me.
Cannabis has an awesome diversity.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
hahaha thank you guys but too much off-topics. I was trying to have a serious conversation.
I get the point but I think it could be done better, there are a lot of high yielding strains, you don't have to use the same everywhere. that seems more unknowing than productive minds... thousands and thousands of crosses out there, hundreds of breeders, to end up growing 10 or 15 strains in all the dispensaries? doesn't seem smart to me.
Names sell its sad but true I'm super anti cookies but everyone wants it cuz juicy jay said he smokes it

xavier7995

xavier7995

If a rapper hasn't said the name of the strain, its just going to sit there unfortunately. It is very driven by marketing.

You should have brought along some seeds of that beautiful SA smoke:)

Jamaica

Jamaica

yes, I know that, all the rappers make the strains famous and people only want that. But we the growers must me the ones who teach the people how big is the cannabis diversity.. its a pity...
I continue making crosses down in South America, there is a project running right now also... but I get surprised about this so I wanted to comment
thank you

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
yes, I know that, all the rappers make the strains famous and people only want that. But we the growers must me the ones who teach the people how big is the cannabis diversity.. its a pity...
I continue making crosses down in South America, there is a project running right now also... but I get surprised about this so I wanted to comment
thank you
Us growers know all about diversity check out my thread the krypt

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Aha, I agree with you both,
but there are different prices too, so why don't grow a Sativa and put them in a top shelf by $70 an 1/8 or more? why there is no market to connoisseurs and expert or fanatic in flowers? sometimes the cheapest way to produce is self-defeating...
also there are same prices for nices buds than for odourless ones... don't know... seems weird to me...
The Health Center tried to tier their meds so longer running sativas were more expensive than shorter indica's. I think you'll find that the vast majority of consumers don't care much about sativa's. They see chunky dense indicas and automatically think sativa's stretched and weren't given much of an opportunity.

Long story short, there isn't enough of a demand for what you are looking for, and you have to remember that the garden is not where the decisions are made. A lot of the time the money behind the business has no clue about gardening, which is where the disconnect is. You won't convince an investor to dry and cure buds for a month. They want to go from harvest to shelf in 7-10 days, and that just isn't enough time, imo. I have to take a step back sometimes and pinch myself, this is a really special place and the freedom we have should not be taken for granted.

It sucks but money talks, and the money wants yield and heavy profits. Their interests are different than your needs or the needs of other users or patients. It's hard to find great flower at a shop. Check out the review sites, they are usually a good indicator of price and general quality.

Ask the dispo employees where they shop and that might get you started.

You can also look at this site, as posts like this happen once a week or so. A sticky would be nice for the new folks on the site.
Us growers know all about diversity check out my thread the krypt
^ this.

Jamaica

Jamaica

I have no doubts Us growers know about diversity thats why I am surprised.
Localgrowguy, you are right about this kind of posts may be sticky, but my question and my post is beyond my needs, is about my fanaticism, I was thinking all this time that here I will find what I always see in US forums, and rare strains, different odos, but I found this, so there may be an answer different that the money, but I see that is no answer but the money. Its a pity I repeat, Money will stop talking someday, the world is changing and I will not resign myself to make that happen!
thank you for understanding

Top Bottom