Hello Everyone! Are Y'all Enjoying Winter?

• Thread starter rendor11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rendor11

rendor11

Hello to everyone. Wow this site is something else. I can't wait to get my reading glasses so I can read for 20 minutes without getting a migraine! I feel like a kid in a candy store.

You guys may find it entertaining how I got started 4 months ago. Has anyone ever heard of "Mr green"? This Mr. green is A guy from British Columbia who made a VHS tape called "I grow Chronic" back in 2000 or so. I bought the tape and it sat around for almost 2 decades. I was ripping some old VHS tapes to XviD when I found it a few months ago. After almost 20 years that VHS tape inspired me to finally start growing! I'm not making this up guys. When I first watched this tape I had no clue seeds have been feminized and auto-flowering seeds have been created/engineered in the time since he filmed his "How to Grow Chronic" video. I find it all very fascinating. Most of the hardware and equipment he used 20 years ago is now widely available online.

It seems like the biggest change as far as the hardware he used back in 2000 is the use of aquarium air pumps and air stones. I wonder if he switched to DWC or changed his methods over the years. He was using a CO2 tank and regulator with an Ebb and Flow system for Flowering and a Top Feed system for Vegging.

So you can see from the images I'm using my own version of his Top Feed System. I didn't have money for an expensive Flood table so I used a cheap cement mixing Tub and then I made a frame out of 3/4" PVC with 3-wayand 4-way adapters used to make furniture. I'm using T8 Lights with a cool white bulb and a warm white bulb for a full spectrum. They're not "High Output" T8's. My grow room is sectioned into 2 parts for photo period plants just like he did using black plastics and a wooden frame and reflective mylar. I wanted to keep 2-4 plants flowering and 2-4 plants vegging at all times.

So here's my dilemma. Mr. Green was feeding his plants 3 times a day for 15 minutes at a time but he wasn't using an air pump with 2 air stones like I am. So how often should I feed my plants and for how long? My Active Aqua pump is rated at 211GPH and the Air Pump is 3w 7LPM I believe. My reservoir holds 10-15 gallons but I generally keep under 10 gallons in it.

PS. My Titan Controls™ Timer is digital so I can run it 8x a day in 1 minute intervals. Mr Green had an old school analog timer so he was forced to use 15 minute intervals. Thanks for reading!!
KF1GrXc

Hello everyone are yall enjoying winter
Hello everyone are yall enjoying winter 2
F

FutureGrower

I'm hating the winter you had to ask! Sheesh! Lol joking.

Really cool story about how you came to growing super cool!

rendor11

rendor11

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm sure I'll find the answers to my question on here I just need glasses really bad and I spent all my money on Xmas. For now I can't spend more than 20 minutes reading through forums before I get a migraine.

Could someone just answer this one small question. Should i be feeding my plants 2 or 3x a day OR should I just leave the pump on 24/7? Assuming that's even possible.. How long should the feeding intervals be for photo period feminized white widow seeds? You can see the nutrients I'm using. Under the Hydroton I have 4x4x4" rockwool cubes.

Anyway thanks guys and here's to an early Spring!

Latest posts

Top Bottom