Hello everyone, SmokeWarrior here.

• Thread starter SmokeWarrior
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeWarrior

I'm an intermediate grower new to thcfarmer. I haven't had a crop/growroom for over 2 years and was re-researching(hehe) for another stab at the growshow when I found this juicy site. So here I am looking for wisdom and insight, and a few good grow stories. But first a bit of my own story...I did have pics, although I lost them on a phone a while ago, so here we go.

I've grown 6 or so crops in 2 rooms: the first grow was with a 1000w conversion (MH to HPS), Nursery Soil, GH 3 part formula, the Grow Bible(thanks Jorge) and tons of magazines(recently got internet here in the sticks), and was Lemon Skunk. Unfortunately I didn't use much for intake and exhaust, just a bathroom fan and an open door :./ Of the 10 seeds from Willyjack 6 were female. Five of 'em grew almost to eye-level and one was a banzai, though the pinching hepled! It was only a foot high but it had tight little popcorn nugs that smelt like its moniker-"Lemon Skunk"! but it was some potent shit I'll tell ya. I attemped to regenerate it but it seemed an awful waste to keep 1000 watts on only one Charlie Brown tree, so I scrapped it. I only got about (I'm not great with weighting it out, I only know what 20 and 40 bucks looks like, and I'm going from foggy stoner memory- lol)4 or 5 oz. out of the plants but it was a lesson learned.

My next grow got a few upgrades. I purchased a canfan/filter combo, a squirrel cage blower, AN nutes, and a redneck cool reflector(made with aluminum tape a batwing and an aquarium glass panel- lol). I grew Master Kush and Norther Lights from Nirvana and Brain's Damage and um...I forget lol *high*...anyways BD from KC Brains. I also had a bud with some GC from the now defunct Dr.Clone.com, which I'll be growing again shortly. I grew in Promix Bx and the plants did pretty good for the first couple of cycles, giving about 10-12 oz. each cycle (ballpark?) They were nice frosty tight nugs, but a little on the thin side. But I was happy, free smoke for me and the wifey, hell yeah! Until I noticed tiny pinpricks and yellow and black dots on the under sides of every fucking leave in sight...spider mites. I was fucked from that point on. I got neem oil as fast as I could but the spider mites were a little bit faster. Every time I moved a plant in from my veg. room they would creep in. So I eventually just slowly stopped growing, with a dirty disused grow room with a lonely mother GC. I sold my grow stuff and dove into work, always with the itch to grow, the thought in the back of my mind.

It just so happens that I once again have the means and space to get growing again, but this time I'm going hydro with C02. I don't have all the equipment yet, but I plan to have it all up and running within a few weeks(precious flowering weeks I know). I just purchased a large portable AC/heating unit(on Kijiji), a R.O. system(another sorely missed item last time), a C02 regulator and a few aquarium pumps(ebay). I am wondering if i should just use one or two 1000 w lights? Still have to get all the details in order.
As soon as I get things up and running I plan to make a diary, and perhaps get some tips and tricks:) . Well that's all I got to say for tonight, work tomorrow:( .

G'nite and hope to hear from some of you fine smokers and growers!

Top Bottom