Hello fellow growers I’m new to the site and also growing indoors

• Thread starter Gomezbud90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gomezbud90

So my plants have been turning yellow on me it starts at the bottom and works his way up not sure if it’s a nutrient problem or a watering issue anyone have advice or tips please point me to the right direction To figure out what’s the problem and how to fix it. Thank you all

Hello fellow growers im new to the site and also growing indoors
The_Greenist

The_Greenist

So my plants have been turning yellow on me it starts at the bottom and works his way up not sure if it’s a nutrient problem or a watering issue anyone have advice or tips please point me to the right direction To figure out what’s the problem and how to fix it. Thank you all
Look at that stretch!

Are you running cfl lights by any chance?

G

Gomezbud90

Kellogg garden organic soil, 7 weeks old,
Using a vivosun 100w led light at 12 inches from plant , temp usually around 65-75, humidity 60-65, light cycle 18-6, water them every three days and every other feeding I add big bloom nutrients

Zerberus

Zerberus

Kellogg garden organic soil, 7 weeks old,
Using a vivosun 100w led light at 12 inches from plant , temp usually around 65-75, humidity 60-65, light cycle 18-6, water them every three days and every other feeding I add big bloom nutrients
Tbh if it's 7 weeks old, it's probably stunned.

What strain is it? Do you have any information on the seed?

Zerberus

Zerberus

It's a photoperiod? If it's a photo you might be able to recover if it starts to veg correctly, but from what I can tell, you had problems since the seedling stage because it stretched way to much.

(The stretching is caused by having the light intensity too low or having the light too high up, away from the plant. That causes the plant to stretch up trying to get closer to the light)

If that main stem doesn't thicken your going to have issues with the plant being top heavy and you will need supports in place. (That's even if it recovers and decides to veg correctly)

What are the light recommendations for the Veg Cycle of the plant? The user manual should say the hight and intensity you should place the light on.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Also I see the plant is off to side, do you have the light right over her? Or is the light in the center of the grow tent?

A 100w light should always be above your plant at most a few inches to the sides if your trying to squeeze in two plants under the light. But if you plant is far off to the side and your only using a 100w light for the whole tent and the light is towards the center then that would explain the stretching, she never had enough light to veg so she keeps stretching trying to reach more light.

G

Gomezbud90

so yes it’s a photoperiod and as in light cycle in didn’t come with directions or a manual, I tried looking on the website and couldn’t find anything so I been using the standard light cycles for these plants and yes the light is in the center of the tent because I have another plant in there as well with same issues lol. so you think I should have another light source in the tent?

Zerberus

Zerberus

so yes it’s a photoperiod and as in light cycle in didn’t come with directions or a manual, I tried looking on the website and couldn’t find anything so I been using the standard light cycles for these plants and yes the light is in the center of the tent because I have another plant in there as well with same issues lol. so you think I should have another light source in the tent?
It depends, you can get away growing two plants right under 100W light, but it's best to grow only 1 plant. What size is your grow tent and how many plants do you plan on having?

G

Gomezbud90

The tent is 2.5ft x 2.5ft x 5ft and I’m growing two right now but in the future I’ll like to grow 4 plants the most at a time

Zerberus

Zerberus

The tent is 2.5ft x 2.5ft x 5ft and I’m growing two right now but in the future I’ll like to grow 4 plants the most at a time
You should get another light, I personally have the ViparSpectra V1000 it's 50$ right now on Amazon and it's proven to be a really good but cheap light, I'm getting great results from it. I have two plants under it. If you have more money to spend them aim for a 200W light or higher, if you going to buy an expensive light make sure it's from a reputable company and they are using the 301 Samsung diodes and has IR.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Or you can put both plants in the center under the light, tbh I would scrap that plant and start again. At 7 weeks you should have a full plant by now, it's growth is stunned and even if it was to recover right now you would have to spend another two months in veg stage just to flip the plant to flower.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Also if you are going to scrap that plant and start again use a clean (unfed) soil, put your seeds into solo cups and transplant into that soil later that way you don't waste it.

Another tip of advice I can give you is to start a grow diary here from start to finish updating it regularly, that way we can all follow your progress and we can see how the plants develop and point out deficiencies or problems early on. Because in my humble opinion that plant at 7 weeks is long gone, it's not worth trying to save and continue with it. If you have the seeds, scrap it and start fresh.

This community will help you along the way, but we need to be informed to be able to give you proper advice. So starting a grow diary here might be time consuming but it might save your plants later down the road, I wouldn't be were I am today with my plants without the help of everyone here.

Top Bottom