Hello folks im new here

• Thread starter Veteran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Veteran

Veteran

As the title says am new here. I signed up to learn more about growing. Im experienced with hps 600w greenpower with Co2 setup,
and got good quality and yields with this. I will show some pictures of nugs (Amnesia from the other side of the ocean).
What i am curious about is growing with led lights. I have the idea that new led light can result in more than 1 gram per watt from what i read.
But i never read a post of anybody who has done a grow with led and co2 . So this is what i am looking for. If anobody know a thread wich s interesting let me know.

Kind regards, Veteran.

Hello folks im new here
Hello folks im new here 2
Hello folks im new here 3

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

well vetran,welcome to the farm first,glad to have you,next on the list,dont put faith in any light source,they are all induced unless your i the sun,those buds look just fine to me with what ever your using,if you have any doubt there no good send to old school tries them all .com hahahah.
all kidding aside to you figure out how you roll a light or nute isnt gonna do the trick until you figure out your envoriment ,watts per sq ft ,mainly envorment thats the make or breaker,i grow some skank ass weed under just hid light s ,and right now t5ho lights,it really comes down to how much you want to pay for your sucess no doubt,i choice not tofall into the next best gimmick thing,take my word what ever is best right now ,today,i 4 or 5 months will be pure shit in every ones eyes and you just cant grow good bud with them,lifetime for the light is only 3 or 4 months these days.
so roll wit what you got or can afford and focus mainly on the envorment you grow in there tater chip,hahahah welcome im not really there if you hadnt figured

Veteran

Veteran

well vetran,welcome to the farm first,glad to have you,next on the list,dont put faith in any light source,they are all induced unless your i the sun,those buds look just fine to me with what ever your using,if you have any doubt there no good send to old school tries them all .com hahahah.
all kidding aside to you figure out how you roll a light or nute isnt gonna do the trick until you figure out your envoriment ,watts per sq ft ,mainly envorment thats the make or breaker,i grow some skank ass weed under just hid light s ,and right now t5ho lights,it really comes down to how much you want to pay for your sucess no doubt,i choice not tofall into the next best gimmick thing,take my word what ever is best right now ,today,i 4 or 5 months will be pure shit in every ones eyes and you just cant grow good bud with them,lifetime for the light is only 3 or 4 months these days.
so roll wit what you got or can afford and focus mainly on the envorment you grow in there tater chip,hahahah welcome im not really there if you hadnt figured
Thanks Oldskol4evr . 👍

Seraphine

Seraphine

I grow with LED, I’ve use both low and high quality LED. My only advise is to do your homework on what brands are good and advertised wattage versus actual wattage. The better LEDs like the HLG quantum boards are best (in my opinion). Their advertised wattage and actual wattage is accurate and growth is amazing. There are few people on here that DIY quantum boards and get great results. Check out @Mr.jiujitsu diy set ups. I’ve never used CO2 though so I’m not sure how CO2 with LEDs affect growth. It’s prob not too far off from growing with hps lights. LEDs can burn leaves easier than other lights if they are too close. I keep my lights 18”-24” from canopy. Sometimes 12” if they are lower watt light and don’t run hot like in my cloning tent. Good luck!

Veteran

Veteran

Thanks Budsalive and Seraphine, i will do my homework and soon i’ll start a topic about this and see where it goes.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

As the title says am new here. I signed up to learn more about growing. Im experienced with hps 600w greenpower with Co2 setup,
and got good quality and yields with this. I will show some pictures of nugs (Amnesia from the other side of the ocean).
What i am curious about is growing with led lights. I have the idea that new led light can result in more than 1 gram per watt from what i read.
But i never read a post of anybody who has done a grow with led and co2 . So this is what i am looking for. If anobody know a thread wich s interesting let me know.

Kind regards, Veteran.

View attachment 922056View attachment 922057View attachment 922058

Remember why we run co2, works the same just the temps you will be running your room will be higher. The correlation between actual leaf temp and room temp is different than with hps. You will be runningthe room hotter than ever to get the same leaf temp. Def doable I would suggest getting used to the leds before co2 but that’s just my opinion. It took me a moment to really understandthis and make it applicable. I have build a bunch of LED setups so please if you have questions I’m happy to help

Veteran

Veteran

Remember why we run co2, works the same just the temps you will be running your room will be higher. The correlation between actual leaf temp and room temp is different than with hps. You will be runningthe room hotter than ever to get the same leaf temp. Def doable I would suggest getting used to the leds before co2 but that’s just my opinion. It took me a moment to really understandthis and make it applicable. I have build a bunch of LED setups so please if you have questions I’m happy to help
I agree about the temps , i read that before that with led the leaf temp is lower because lack of IR that hps has. So in theorie rising the temp will balance this but in practice still nobody knows. At least i didnt read a threat about a led with co2 setup. Why didnt anybody try this? Isnt our goal more yield and quality? Out of my own experience i can tell yield goes along with quality. The highest yields had the best quality.
The nugs on the pics survived 38 celcius for weeks because of the capasity of the airco was nof sufficient. With co2 they can take it in the right hands.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I agree about the temps , i read that before that with led the leaf temp is lower because lack of IR that hps has. So in theorie rising the temp will balance this but in practice still nobody knows. At least i didnt read a threat about a led with co2 setup. Why didnt anybody try this? Isnt our goal more yield and quality? Out of my own experience i can tell yield goes along with quality. The highest yields had the best quality.
The nugs on the pics survived 38 celcius for weeks because of the capasity of the airco was nof sufficient. With co2 they can take it in the right hands.

heat is typically a by product of the light we are making. Leds run most efficiently at lower power, and produce low heat. That being said I run my temps in the mid 80s when I can (its winter).
I turn my air over too often to run co2. I currently pull 2gpw on the reg. My electric bill is what an oz a month would cost.... Im all in

4D5201D0 CD94 4B1D 9B72 E10178A2A648

Veteran

Veteran

So you are saying you do have a setup of Led and Co2 and the result is 2 gr per watt? If yes , this is what i was looking for.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So you are saying you do have a setup of Led and Co2 and the result is 2 gr per watt? If yes , this is what i was looking for.

I’m saying achieve that with out co2 friend. Long veg and lots of training and I have done it with a single plant.... or half a dozen.

Top Bottom