Hello Friends , New Grower Here , Have A Few Questions

• Thread starter morugawelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
New school

New school

Oh also veg 250w cree cxb3590's 80cri 3500k. Flower 480w cxm22's 90cri 4-3000k, 4-3500k, 15w uvb 18" florescent and about 240w xpe-4 10w each of various spectrums.

morugawelder

morugawelder

Are your drivers inside or outside of your grow area?
their inside , the boy had a friend build it , it did good in a 2 x 4 in the winter , kept window open a tad , heat stayed around 80 top 50 below , with inline running the whole time

morugawelder

morugawelder

I’ve never had such concern. Why would 2 burned out diodes start a fire? I’m really wondering.

If the fixture your sons friend build throws out a lot of heat, he is probably running them a little too hard. Cobs throw heat by the way. They get hot. But driving them softer keeps them cooler and more efficient.

Anycase, then you can go with quantum boards. Have you looked at the horticulture lighting groups site? If not, do.
no I haven't looked yet but will , the boy is in Virginia interviewing with linesman job , I have no clue about how to do this , as I'm just a old dumb welder , lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
no I haven't looked yet but will , the boy is in Virginia interviewing with linesman job , I have no clue about how to do this , as I'm just a old dumb welder , lol

What is your budget actually?

Diy may not be for everyone. I mean you’re a welder and thats a valuable skill but you may not be comfortable “working with electricity”. Which is understandable. In that case, if you’re happy with your results under vipars. Just get vipars. If you have a bigger budget maybe go for california light works or a similar upscale brand. Have never used this brand but the reviews look promising. Blurples are not bad.

Also HLG sells plug and play fixtures too i think. I’m not sure on this.

Aliexpress has some fixtures that utilizes CXB35s or 30s which are well accepted as a very succesful grow light diode. They are cheap too, compared to qbs or california lightworks.

You see there are many choices. You should narrow it down a bit based on your situation and expectation.

Last edited:
shaganja

shaganja

There is no such thing. There are budgets, there are climates, there are height limitations, there are availabilities, there are safety issues, there are yield expectations and there are many more question but no one can say this light is the best for a 4x4.

All grow lights will grow plants, you need to specify your expectations and the environmental factors. Without knowing, leds are the new technology and they will only get better with time. Cobs or Quantum Boards or Strip fixtures like Spydr from Fluence. They all are great. Diy is another option and a very viable one when it comes to leds.
And if your cheap, t5's will do

Top Bottom