Hello From A Groove Grandma

• Thread starter Lovelylisa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I love your shroomin avatar. Rather fond of fungi myself.

Yoda welcome matt

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

LOL ya @Seamaiden is older than living soil...... LMAO Love ya Sea :p
ok Love ya and I didn't say I was old just a gma. Can't help what the darn kids will do when your not really ready for them to do what they will do. However no worries now my son has 4 beautiful girls 26 yrs just got married in March. My daughter will be 31 this month she has 2 beautiful girls and well she's not married not sure she ever will be. See not old just a gma. Lol

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

Hiya! Welcome to the farm - great place, cool people and endless info!
Yeah i am finding this out hopefully I can teach a lot and learn a lot never to much info as log as it's good righteous info and as far as I can tell so far it has been. Love reading this.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
ok Love ya and I didn't say I was old just a gma. Can't help what the darn kids will do when your not really ready for them to do what they will do. However no worries now my son has 4 beautiful girls 26 yrs just got married in March. My daughter will be 31 this month she has 2 beautiful girls and well she's not married not sure she ever will be. See not old just a gma. Lol
@Loveylisa Old or yung un.......... you are a farmer and will fit right in here. The old as dirt was a personal playful jab @Seamaiden I consider her to be a friend and knew she could handle the rabblerousing. She even liked my post. :) I know some pretty awesome female farmers. That can out grow a lot of guyz I know.!!!!

We are 1 big family here. Good to have you on board.!!! We have another grandma here goes by @GrammaHydro and she is a hoot. Again, welcome to the farm and have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

@Loveylisa Old or yung un.......... you are a farmer and will fit right in here. The old as dirt was a personal playful jab @Seamaiden I consider her to be a friend and knew she could handle the rabblerousing. She even liked my post. :) But truth be known she is another gender, prolly plotting my demise while she liked my post. :p JK BTW I know some pretty awesome female farmers. We are 1 big family here. Good to have you on board.!!! We have another grandma here goes by @GrammaHydro and she is a hoot. Again, welcome to the farm and have a blessed day.
No hurt feelings here I joke around a lot. However I do need some help and I don't know how to get in the forams to post I can only read them so if you don't mind sir. I am going to through it at you. My plants are out doors I. Want to put them in smart pots under ground. Because they are all in black pots above ground I'm afraid my roots are going to fry if they haven't already. i frrd twice a week with GH maxigro have never had a problem with it so I dont change. If needed i will use cal mag, water ph is between 5.8-6.2 run off is about 5.5-5.8. Now if i can figure out how I'm going to add photos. I don't often ask for help but I really need it afraid I'm going to lose everything. They are dying off one by one oh if I keep them in the shade they seem to do better. but we both know they need to be in the shade. Ok I'm going to post this and I think I'll be right back with pictures.

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

No hurt feelings here I joke around a lot. However I do need some help and I don't know how to get in the forams to post I can only read them so if you don't mind sir. I am going to through it at you. My plants are out doors I. Want to put them in smart pots under ground. Because they are all in black pots above ground I'm afraid my roots are going to fry if they haven't already. i frrd twice a week with GH maxigro have never had a problem with it so I dont change. If needed i will use cal mag, water ph is between 5.8-6.2 run off is about 5.5-5.8. Now if i can figure out how I'm going to add photos. I don't often ask for help but I really need it afraid I'm going to lose everything. They are dying off one by one oh if I keep them in the shade they seem to do better. but we both know they need to be in the shade. Ok I'm going to post this and I think I'll be right back with pictures.
maybe I don't have Photos be patient i will figure this out

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No worries, I have to run for a bit gotta help a buddy trim harvest. But post up anyway and someone will help if I'm not around. @Seamaiden is a virtual cornucopia of knowledge be sure to tag her in your post.

And yes black pots exposed in summer months can fry your rootzone. Get some shade screen from the garden store or use some white poly film and wrap your pots in white. This will help a lot. If you have some mulch use it. It will help retain moisture and keep the crown of your soil cooler as well.

I have grown maters in triple digits with rock hard buds. It can be done you just have to be proactive and know what to do. I have had killer crops using shaded areas even in this gawd awful desert as long as they are shaded for the hottest part of the day.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Use the Upload a File button in the reply box to post pix.

I think jumpin has got you on the pots and such. I'm going to be picking his brain on desert growing once I get fully moved to the Mojave.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cool! Now you've got me wondering whereabouts. I'll be near Joshua Tree, and we may actually end up landing *in* JT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom