Hello from CenCal Foothills

• Thread starter tr1200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tr1200

tr1200

Just built my second greenhouse, doing my 3rd medical grow. Graduated Cal Poly engineering school but wish I had gone AGRICULTURE! Of course, if it was a job instead of a hobby I probably wouldn't like it as much. Will get pictures up of current project and look forward to learning from the great people here.
Tom

tr1200

tr1200

that old coldframe is about 12ft at the ridge. nice little babies in it this year.....Tahoe, Blue Widow, Skywalker. Already starting to bud, has me a little concerned it's too early.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Welcome!
Nice GH and Very healthy plants
I Hope mine keep veging for a bit.

are those from clone or seed?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just built my second greenhouse, doing my 3rd medical grow. Graduated Cal Poly engineering school but wish I had gone AGRICULTURE! Of course, if it was a job instead of a hobby I probably wouldn't like it as much. Will get pictures up of current project and look forward to learning from the great people here.
Tom
No you DON'T wish you went for an ag degree. Believe me. I have a stepson who's an NDT out of the Navy and just stepped into his first 'real world' job making close to what his father, who's in an executive position, makes. And he's still got people scrambling to hire him!

In any event, welcome. I'm in the central Sierra Nevada foothills, east of Sact'o. I see white manzanita back there. Jesus Maria, or Railroad Flat (given your ride)? I haven't been able to ride in over 2 years, and since tearing out my ACL I've been afraid to even try, I don't think I can hold up the bike. We live in FANTASTIC riding country, don't we?

tr1200

tr1200

some Tahoe . no clones.thanks for the welcome, and yes the riding is great out here. hwy245 (east of Freso) is one of my favorite roads

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Very nice...that Tahoe doesn't look like its flowering...

Im gonna have to check out hwy 245 some day

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Welcome to the farm and yes 245 is a fun road to drive around here in Central Cali..Got quite a few roads around here that are cool rideing!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am WAAAYY north of you, tr. Gotta make a trip down south soonish, got some HS friends who are getting itchy for another get-together.

You need to take a trip up 99 and hit more of the passes. A few years ago we did a day of nothing but Sierra passes, it was GRUELING. Started out on 88 by home, went east up to Carson Pass (that's after the Spur). Took 88 to 89 and went through Woodfords, Markleeville, and then over Monitor Pass. Down 395 to 120 past Mono Lake, then up and over Tioga Pass going through Yosemite. 120 took us to 49, and that's the way HOME. Great big loop, and I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Good work on the wimmins.

tr1200

tr1200

those pictures are several weeks old. they're def starting to pop. that one tahoe phenome showed the most indica dom. One of my favorite recent rides was last year with my 17yr-old son (FZ1 and EX500). 49 to Sonora, over Sonora Pass. Camped in Markleeville, and did Ebbettts and Monitor Passes. God's country around here!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, so you've done Ebbetts! Fuel injected, or carbureted? My scoot's carbureted, and on some of those curves up on Ebbetts she almost punked out on me a few times.

S

Schwoop

looking Killer Bro! Welcome to the party!!!! CenCal FTW! we triggered to! Keep up the good work bro!!!! :D

tr1200

tr1200

Don't know which topic to go to, but.....after receiving my fem seeds from Emerald Triangle (BBHB) I read on here how someone else had theirs hermie. I'm a little gun shy cause I dirt farm in an area with hungry burrowing creatures. I dig holes 2ft diameter 3ft deep and line with 1/4x1/4 galv hardware mesh. Now half my Cali Connection Tahoe OG's have hermied (including the one in the picture above). Money for seed is just a fraction of the work I've wasted to get to this point. Who has the most reliable Fems? Or should I just go regular seed? Do I have to set up a timed indoor setup to flip the babies and weed out the males? That's why I paid for fem seeds!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Fem seeds suck because they herm. (i guess you found that out)

Get some Garden of Dreams seeds bro!

Top Bottom