Hello from Moe.Red

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey Moe! Good to see you around! Its been a bit boring with both you and Milson busy with other projects and not spending much time on the farm.

How's the tissue culture research going? Anything interesting up your sleeve yet?

Is this with your thcv isolate? Tell me more... I also need to lose about 15-20kgs and your results are very encouraging.
Well if it isn't Mr. Durban South Africa himself. I still want to move into your basement!

Tissue is moving along. I have a lot to learn, but the whole thing is intriguing. Right up my alley, but then I typically have no chill and I know this is crazy stuff to most people.

I have a few plants now with moderate THCV. That, in conjunction with the isolates has been enlightening. I can tell you that for me, isolates alone are not the answer for modifying hunger. I'm still trying to coax out the specifics, but it is not THCV alone. A plant with good amounts of THCV might have little or no impact, while another with lower THCV might do the trick. Taking that plant that is working, and bumping up the THCV via isolates seems to be a stop gap that is working until I find the perfect plant again. I have big hopes for that purple durban. Problem is knowing that, I am also susceptible to placebo, so I gotta take my time here.

I also find little help from ingestion in the stomach like I was hoping for. Vaporization at a higher temp than typical seems to be the key, at least for me.

THCV is the new gold rush for cannabis. There is a lot of marketing around it, I'm trying not to get caught up in that and just stick with the science and the results. THCV by itself is not a panacea, just like CBD wasn't when it first came out and got itself into everything. But its got it's moments.

The other thing that my buddy Milson pointed out is that I am really seeking a pain med more than a hungry med. Describing what has been going on with me, he correctly said that the Durban was taking away the knee pain (old car accident injury) that allowed me to be far more active providing a positive feedback loop on weight loss. Staying on my feet while not feeling hunger is the true goal here, not just hunger attenuation. So from that perspective, I'm still searching for the perfect mix. What makes me sad is that I had it, and lost that pheno (well I didn't "lose" it, I smoked it all lol) and without something like tissue culture in my workflow, I'll do it again if I am lucky enough to find that perfect pheno again.

Being able to put genetics on ice for several months in little space and not effecting plant count - pretty big deal for a pheno hunter.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I got that belt wrapped half way around to the back now. Had to add some holes to it. Time for some new pants too I guess.

I'm about half way there.

IMG 2716 2

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

I got that belt wrapped half way around to the back now. Had to add some holes to it. Time for some new pants too I guess.

I'm about half way there.

View attachment 1123437

Thats a feeling I love and hate. Lol. It feels so good when you start noticing your weight loss in your clothes, and then you carry on losing weight and suddenly its like "Oh fuck! I need to buy a whole new wardrobe because nothing fits me anymore..."

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice progress Moe! Better put aside some money for better fitting clothes in the future if you keep on slimming down. I think its harder for americans to beware.

Heard the normal portion sizes are huge. And the additives that is legal in food make you want more food because you find no lasting satisfaction.

My former boss went to america for vacation 10 days. He had gained 10 kgs in donuts

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Nice progress Moe! Better put aside some money for better fitting clothes in the future if you keep on slimming down. I think its harder for americans to beware.

Heard the normal portion sizes are huge. And the additives that is legal in food make you want more food because you find no lasting satisfaction.

My former boss went to america for vacation 10 days. He had gained 10 kgs in donuts

I blame margarine being used widely in baked things instead of butter.

Everything from cookies to bread to cheap pastries to cheap frosting to biscuits, margarine or shortening are usually used because they're cheaper. I believe that butter is a key part of "The French Paradox" because it imparts a tangible feeling of fullness that margarine/shortening don't. Bakeries that use margarine in France go out of business.

A cupcake made with margarine with frosting made from shortening (which is what you'll get in most supermarkets and cheap bakeries in the US/Canada) doesn't have the same "feeling of fullness" that one with butter in both the cupcake and the frosting does. It's much easier to overeat when eating margarine or shortening.

If I need a fat when baking it's going to be butter or lard, without exception. I don't keep shortening or margarine around, ever. Same with corn syrup, for similar reasons.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I actually have to smoke cigarettes to keep my weight down. I have quit multiple times, every single time I blow up, like 30lbs in 6 months. . .before it gets higher I start smoking again. I quit for 2 years and had to work out all the time and exercise non stop just to stay a little better than where I am now.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I can't explain it to someone who can eat whatever they want and stay slim. My best bud is that way.

I can eat all day long unchecked. Whatever is lying around. I suppose at this point it is (was) just a habit. The right weed changes all that like a switch for me. I imagine it is what normal people feel like. Not too hard to believe weed can have this effect, it also drops my BP and makes me much easier to get along with according to my wife. But what the hell does she know? See, I'm not high RN lol

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I can't explain it to someone who can eat whatever they want and stay slim. My best bud is that way.

I can eat all day long unchecked. Whatever is lying around. I suppose at this point it is (was) just a habit. The right weed changes all that like a switch for me. I imagine it is what normal people feel like. Not too hard to believe weed can have this effect, it also drops my BP and makes me much easier to get along with according to my wife. But what the hell does she know? See, I'm not high RN lol

I'd be very interested to see how some LSD or psilocybin would effect your weight loss. If we've got patterns that need breaking, they're a good tool for that.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I can’t remember the exact numbers but I had a roommate 10+ years ago who was over weight and dealing with a knee injury and he started micro dosing with L and had very positive results over just a few months. I wanna say he lost around 20 lbs I believe mostly to just being more upbeat and moving around a lot more.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'd be very interested to see how some LSD or psilocybin would effect your weight loss. If we've got patterns that need breaking, they're a good tool for that.
Yeah I tried but I was not in the right headspace. I successfully quit all alcohol coming up on 3 years ago with psilocybin. i should give it another go for breaking the food habits too.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Michael Pollan's "How to Change your Mind" is great for explaining the actual effects and uses of psychedelics, if you haven't read it.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I tried mushrooms about 30 mins after some acid because I thought I got ripped off. On halloween, in the middle of the woods surrounded by thousands of dealers/users. Thought my tent was going to landslide down a hill during a rainstorm that never happened. My ass was scared to death lol, like 20 years old. . dumb. I use to enjoy mushrooms, until that day. I tried them here and there, but it wasnt like it use to be when I was young. Ive had far more good times with mushrooms than bad times tho. Only did acid that once, got the full experience of tripping lol. The shit I was seeing ended up being too much, so I just went in my tent and covered my head lol. My friends were loving it, they were prolly shaking my tent or I imagined a storm. . idk wtf. I was just thankfull to be alive when I woke up lol. . so dumb

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I tried mushrooms about 30 mins after some acid because I thought I got ripped off. On halloween, in the middle of the woods surrounded by thousands of dealers/users. Thought my tent was going to landslide down a hill during a rainstorm that never happened. My ass was scared to death lol, like 20 years old. . dumb. I use to enjoy mushrooms, until that day. I tried them here and there, but it wasnt like it use to be when I was young. Ive had far more good times with mushrooms than bad times tho. Only did acid that once, got the full experience of tripping lol. The shit I was seeing ended up being too much, so I just went in my tent and covered my head lol. My friends were loving it, they were prolly shaking my tent or I imagined a storm. . idk wtf. I was just thankfull to be alive when I woke up lol. . so dumb
Sounds like Spookstock lol.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Hey everyone. Been lurking. Started posting. Probably came off as a noob idiot with big opinions based on google fu. Wanted to try to lend some cred to my posts, best way I could think of was to make a vid. I use a gopro on my head a lot for documentation, so since I'm all set up why not?

This will say it all better than I can with words. Plus I don't love typing - too much like paperwork to me.

First tent = VEG
Second tent = Mothers
Third tent = Drying racks
Fourth tent = 4x8x8 "LED" Flower tent
Fifth tent = 4x8x8 "HID" Flower tent

One thing that I necessarily omitted is the Column I have at my other shop for Chromatography. I use that to separate out the concentrate into the individual cannabinoids as nearly the final step in making medicine. If people want to learn about that, I'll grab some vid next time I do it.

I am an engineer by training, first Electrical then Software. I love Chemistry and learning. Love toys. Love the scientific method. I'd like to wipe out some of the song lyrics clogging my brain from the 70s and 80s and reuse the relinquished RAM to learn more about the Chemistry of Cannabis.

Everything you see is legal and above board. I truly follow the spirit of the law in my state where it is legal to grow cannabis for health reasons. My wife is my primary motivating force for starting all this - to help find her relief - but now I have fallen in love with the giant puzzle that is cannabis and spend a fair amount of time studying, testing, and generally coloring outside the lines of what normal people do.

I'm happy to share what I have and what I know. Looking for an online community that feels the same and challenges me to improve my game.

I am always open to constructive criticism, If I make a mistake and you know better, I'm all ears. A lot of you have been doing this a lot longer than I have. That said, I tend to discount anecdotal evidence. For me, its 100% about the science.

Hope to see you around.

Red
👍

Observationist

Observationist

Hey everyone. Been lurking. Started posting. Probably came off as a noob idiot with big opinions based on google fu. Wanted to try to lend some cred to my posts, best way I could think of was to make a vid. I use a gopro on my head a lot for documentation, so since I'm all set up why not?

This will say it all better than I can with words. Plus I don't love typing - too much like paperwork to me.

First tent = VEG
Second tent = Mothers
Third tent = Drying racks
Fourth tent = 4x8x8 "LED" Flower tent
Fifth tent = 4x8x8 "HID" Flower tent

One thing that I necessarily omitted is the Column I have at my other shop for Chromatography. I use that to separate out the concentrate into the individual cannabinoids as nearly the final step in making medicine. If people want to learn about that, I'll grab some vid next time I do it.

I am an engineer by training, first Electrical then Software. I love Chemistry and learning. Love toys. Love the scientific method. I'd like to wipe out some of the song lyrics clogging my brain from the 70s and 80s and reuse the relinquished RAM to learn more about the Chemistry of Cannabis.

Everything you see is legal and above board. I truly follow the spirit of the law in my state where it is legal to grow cannabis for health reasons. My wife is my primary motivating force for starting all this - to help find her relief - but now I have fallen in love with the giant puzzle that is cannabis and spend a fair amount of time studying, testing, and generally coloring outside the lines of what normal people do.

I'm happy to share what I have and what I know. Looking for an online community that feels the same and challenges me to improve my game.

I am always open to constructive criticism, If I make a mistake and you know better, I'm all ears. A lot of you have been doing this a lot longer than I have. That said, I tend to discount anecdotal evidence. For me, its 100% about the science.

Hope to see you around.

Red
Stopped first 5 seconds

Killing it.

Nice having you around man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom