Hello From Ohio

• Thread starter Foxlink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxlink

Foxlink

Hi everyone, sorry it takes me a little to put things together anymore-the epilepsy has taken on a serious toll on my body. I love to grow food. (see the post I put about the Hortilux PowerVeg light- that's my tomato plant taking over the area lol) I want to be able to grow my own medicine as well, but I'm waiting for Ohio to wake the flamin' hell up.

I have had epilepsy since I was 15, and the doctors have tried every possible medicine in the market and still have yet to find something to stop my seizures. SO…. they made me their little guinea pig for the VNS (Vagal Nerve Stimulator); it worked for about 4 yrs or so, and it had to be taken out because it stopped working against my seizures. Six implants (battery death), and no help from that and I was trying desperately to explain that marijuana may stop them, but no one listened to me (at this point I was about 23.). My parents and doctors felt it would be better to up the meds that I was (and still am) to massive amounts. If you are familiar to any kind of these? I am on Mysoline, Keppra, and Neurontin. Normally this wouldn't be all that bad, except I'm on close to 2 grams of Mysoline a day, 5 grams of Keppra and only 1600 mg of Neurontin. For years I was a walking zombie, then my body starts to get used to it. Round 4 came around- now they wanted to try brain surgery. I didn't want it. I brought the thought of marijuana with my parents and doctors (at this time California had passed legal medical use…) and they told me no; lets try the surgery first. 2010, I had no choice and ended up with the 'halo' thing stuck around my head, wires stuck on my head, no hair(they had to), and watch me have seizures several times to try and find where it was coming from. I had brain surgery the same year, but to be honest that is a blur… so much happened, I even just had to ask my wife the year it happened in.

Now to 2016, the seizures are still there, I'm still on that massive amount of 'medicine', and I have been more than patient for them to go away. I have asked my doctor, my parents and my wife if this gets legal, 'can I please try to use it to stop my seizures?' my doctor is behind me, my wife is, but my parents still think I just want to get stoned. … really? I don't care what my parents say about it anymore, I want to be off the 'medicine' that has been ripping my whole body apart, and finally have some kind of relief from 20+ years of seizures, anywhere from 1 to 15 a day when I was 16, and now it is down to 1 or 2 a day. I want to be able to live a normal life, get back into the workforce, and be productive for society.

Sorry for the long post, but this is who I am, what I've been through. I hope I can be a grower of marijuana for medicine, and show you guys something worthwhile.

If you read through this. thank you for your time;

-Fox

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hi everyone, sorry it takes me a little to put things together anymore-the epilepsy has taken on a serious toll on my body. I love to grow food. (see the post I put about the Hortilux PowerVeg light- that's my tomato plant taking over the area lol) I want to be able to grow my own medicine as well, but I'm waiting for Ohio to wake the flamin' hell up.

I have had epilepsy since I was 15, and the doctors have tried every possible medicine in the market and still have yet to find something to stop my seizures. SO…. they made me their little guinea pig for the VNS (Vagal Nerve Stimulator); it worked for about 4 yrs or so, and it had to be taken out because it stopped working against my seizures. Six implants (battery death), and no help from that and I was trying desperately to explain that marijuana may stop them, but no one listened to me (at this point I was about 23.). My parents and doctors felt it would be better to up the meds that I was (and still am) to massive amounts. If you are familiar to any kind of these? I am on Mysoline, Keppra, and Neurontin. Normally this wouldn't be all that bad, except I'm on close to 2 grams of Mysoline a day, 5 grams of Keppra and only 1600 mg of Neurontin. For years I was a walking zombie, then my body starts to get used to it. Round 4 came around- now they wanted to try brain surgery. I didn't want it. I brought the thought of marijuana with my parents and doctors (at this time California had passed legal medical use…) and they told me no; lets try the surgery first. 2010, I had no choice and ended up with the 'halo' thing stuck around my head, wires stuck on my head, no hair(they had to), and watch me have seizures several times to try and find where it was coming from. I had brain surgery the same year, but to be honest that is a blur… so much happened, I even just had to ask my wife the year it happened in.

Now to 2016, the seizures are still there, I'm still on that massive amount of 'medicine', and I have been more than patient for them to go away. I have asked my doctor, my parents and my wife if this gets legal, 'can I please try to use it to stop my seizures?' my doctor is behind me, my wife is, but my parents still think I just want to get stoned. … really? I don't care what my parents say about it anymore, I want to be off the 'medicine' that has been ripping my whole body apart, and finally have some kind of relief from 20+ years of seizures, anywhere from 1 to 15 a day when I was 16, and now it is down to 1 or 2 a day. I want to be able to live a normal life, get back into the workforce, and be productive for society.

Sorry for the long post, but this is who I am, what I've been through. I hope I can be a grower of marijuana for medicine, and show you guys something worthwhile.

-Fox

It isnt illegal unless you get caught with it, grow some in your closet until obama removes it from the drug schedule in the next couple months.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic

-Fox
Welcome to the farm! Good luck with everything. We here for you man.

Foxlink

Foxlink

It isnt illegal unless you get caught with it, grow some in your closet until obama removes it from the drug schedule in the next couple months.
I wouldn't mind doing it that way, but living in an AMHA building with 200+ other people living here nosey people and morons who like to just the drama; I could lose my apt. So until it gets legal, I can't. :cry:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm! I am familiar with Neurontin and related drugs, used for neuropathy and 'traveling' pain. I was put on a relative of Neurontin many years ago, it made me so incredibly sick I couldn't do a thing. Spent two weeks in bed then finally said enough.

But my problem wasn't seizures, it was pain due to an injury.

When it does come time for you to start growing your medicine, you're going to want a strain that's got a decent amount of CBD in it along with THC. Think: balanced cannabinoids, instead of one dominating the other. They work better in concert, and this appears to be true for the patients I know who suffer from seizures, epileptic and otherwise.

Foxlink

Foxlink

Thank you everyone- to get medical marijuana legal has been an uphill battle, just like my epilepsy… no real reason behind the whole slew of meds they want me on, except the few keep me having less seizures a week. I hate the fact my parents don't really know it CAN stop my seizures, but prescribed medicine preached is allllways better… :cry:

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Every doctor and person that knows that I use cannabis looks down on me, like they are thinking, "stupid pot head, why dont you just take your poison and be a drone like everyone else"

Cur Dog

Cur Dog

I am rooting for you and hope you overcome this. I saw a program on TV a few years ago about a child with daily seizures and his father began treating him with cannabis. The seizures stopped!!

BudBogart

BudBogart

-Fox
Welcome. I am sorry you are having difficulty. 40 years ago I had cancer and was getting chemotherapy. Docs had me on all sorts of meds To combat the chemo. I couldn't even bring cannabis up to my parents.
So here I am looking like death and a friend brought my stash to me. Snuck out and smoked a joint. Went back to the house and my mom said I looked 1000 times better then earlier.
Sometimes parents just don't know what's best. I think smoking canna saved my life. Peace.

Foxlink

Foxlink

Every doctor and person that knows that I use cannabis looks down on me, like they are thinking, "stupid pot head, why dont you just take your poison and be a drone like everyone else"

I am rooting for you and hope you overcome this. I saw a program on TV a few years ago about a child with daily seizures and his father began treating him with cannabis. The seizures stopped!!

DrMcSkunkins, yeah- same here. Cur Dog, I know-that is why I actually did some homework to find out how well it CAN work, not just a buzz or high. The child has what is called Dravet Syndrome along with epilepsy. And yes, the oil stopped his seizures.

Foxlink

Foxlink

Welcome. I am sorry you are having difficulty. 40 years ago I had cancer and was getting chemotherapy. Docs had me on all sorts of meds To combat the chemo. I couldn't even bring cannabis up to my parents.
So here I am looking like death and a friend brought my stash to me. Snuck out and smoked a joint. Went back to the house and my mom said I looked 1000 times better then earlier.
Sometimes parents just don't know what's best. I think smoking canna saved my life. Peace.

I'm just glad you don't have to deal with chemo anymore. It's hard enough to deal with any kind of disease, but when no one listens (especially parents) that there is something to help you without such harsh side effects, it makes it even harder. Peace & love.

-F0x

Latest posts

Top Bottom