Hello from Phoenix

• Thread starter azgno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DanC520

DanC520

See my previous post. Dry in tent with trigger set at your limit, I do 60 or 61% when drying. Now when I chop and dry in same tent, I leave the pots in there and they take a bit to dry out. That’ll help slow it down. If set up described still drying too fast for your liking, put a humidifier in lung room, not tent. And change trigger to exhaust when too dry as opposed to too wet. Then can pull in more moist air when triggers.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I have a temp, 3 humidifiers and a fan with humidity control.

BUT - I live in Phoenix, so most of the year the A/C will be running with a house RH of less than 40%, sometimes dramatically less. So the typical issue is the tent getting too hot, at which time the fan kicks in, and there is no way to control the humidity at that point.

Now - without a light in the tent, I can keep the temps to about the same as the house, but that's 77F. I've read many times that drying should be done below 70F, and certainly not close to 80f or more.

What sort of temp/RH can one expect in a light-free tent in the summer here?
I dry @ 65-69° I got a crappy cheap Walmart hum. And I'm usually in the 40's - 50 % hum

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I dry @ 65-69° I got a crappy cheap Walmart hum. And I'm usually in the 40's - 50 % hum
My problem is that in May or June here in Phoenix, I cannot approach temperatures under about 78F, and hold humidity as well. If the A/C is on in the house, it will blow all the humidity out of a room. If the A/C is off, the room will exceed 80F. I think this time I'm going to try drying in the tent itself, where I have a chance to control humidity. I'm hoping evaporative cooling from a humidifier will drop temps in the tent to several degrees below the room holding the tent. I'm encouraged by the fact that my tent right now drops to as low as 65F at night in a room that is 74-75F. If I can get a 10F drop in temp inside a tent, I can achieve near-ideal drying conditions.

I just wish someone made a little $200 cooling chamber the size of a dorm refrigerator.

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

My problem is that in May or June here in Phoenix, I cannot approach temperatures under about 78F, and hold humidity as well. If the A/C is on in the house, it will blow all the humidity out of a room. If the A/C is off, the room will exceed 80F. I think this time I'm going to try drying in the tent itself, where I have a chance to control humidity. I'm hoping evaporative cooling from a humidifier will drop temps in the tent to several degrees below the room holding the tent. I'm encouraged by the fact that my tent right now drops to as low as 65F at night in a room that is 74-75F. If I can get a 10F drop in temp inside a tent, I can achieve near-ideal drying conditions.

I just wish someone made a little $200 cooling chamber the size of a dorm refrigerator.
My prob is I'm burning some tops every grow , but I've got plans for my next grows to fix that .
I have too many phenos right now so I'm only able to test 3 @ a time . I run my es300 at 50% most of the time and still yield good with dense hard nugs

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

what about a temp control wine fridge with boveda 62% inside and then put that in tent and regulate tent and room as best can. That is what I was thinkin I would do

O

Obidai_the_Obtuse

I feel you brotha. I'm in pinal county and I can only grow october-march my a/c doesn't compensate well enough for my lights (LEDs) and I run a cheap little Walgreens humidifier even in the winter. If my girls aren't done by this time in March they may be effed. I tried running lights in my grow into early April and the room was 95 degrees. I think I can get another month or two with a better exhaust fan but until I have off grid solar I've just accepted the fact that I can't grow april- september. Unless I want to try outdoors, but I'm not too sure about one of my neighbors and I have fences that are too short without locking gates. Just finished a run of 4 ladies that I chucked pollen at turned out really well. Got big plans for next fall/winter grow!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I feel you brotha. I'm in pinal county and I can only grow october-march my a/c doesn't compensate well enough for my lights (LEDs) and I run a cheap little Walgreens humidifier even in the winter. If my girls aren't done by this time in March they may be effed. I tried running lights in my grow into early April and the room was 95 degrees. I think I can get another month or two with a better exhaust fan but until I have off grid solar I've just accepted the fact that I can't grow april- september. Unless I want to try outdoors, but I'm not too sure about one of my neighbors and I have fences that are too short without locking gates. Just finished a run of 4 ladies that I chucked pollen at turned out really well. Got big plans for next fall/winter grow!
Why not try a portable AC? I got a 14k $625 unit for $125 in good condition. Even if I ran our house AC 24/7 in the summer, I still think it may easily get over 90 with my lights turned up but with this Honeywell portable AC I will have no problems. I am going to port half the airflow into the tent and the other half to the room. It is a dehumidifier and fan also. Bet you can find a sick one for cheap here https://www.nellisauction.com/

O

Obidai_the_Obtuse

I hear ya. Even if I found a portable I already pay high electrical build all summer just chilling the house for the humans and felines. Running a grow in the summer is just not in the cards for me until I'm off grid.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I keep thinking of some way to use a wine cooler (refrigerator) in drying my crop. Boveda packets aren't going to do anything. I will either need a humidifier, or .... not. (It's dry enough here that I think if I need low humidity I just let more air in somehow). What I'm thinking is to put the small fridge into a closet or utility room along with a humidifier. Then I need some sort of system to run a small fan to exhaust air based on humidity, much like the AC-Infinity in my grow tent.

Alternatively, I'll keep trying methods involving stuff like drying inside a big plastic bag, to keep the RH up.

I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't seen a small drying chamber for home growers on the market. It seems every other conceivable pot growing, trimming and consuming gizmo is up for sale these days. I'm thinking there is a market opportunity for a small chamber able to handle a pound or two for under $300.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yeah I'm a noob and didn't yet know bovedas were bad. My growmie said it will take out the terps

Top Bottom