Hello from sunny CO

• Thread starter Swagmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

Just wanted to say hello! I just started my first grow like many, but have been creeping on the forum for a while! I picked up a couple of clones from one of the very kind members one here. I currently have 2 Skunk #1, 1 dosidos, 1 wedding cake, all photos. I have them in happy frog, growing in a 2x4x5 vivosun tent with exhaust fan/ carbon filter,1 VS1000. I have a tiny humidifier and 1 6" fan for circulation. I have already learned so much from all of the killer growers/gardeners here, and I look forward to being a part of the community!

Hello from sunny co
D

Dtraderbudz23

I am a new first time grower too! Have you considered FIM'ing your girls there? That one in the big pot looking really lanky. Going to just grow right up into the lights if you let it.

Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

Awesome! I'm definitely going to eventually, they just got transplanted last Sunday, so I'm giving them some time to get comfortable in their new home lol! What do you have growing?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Welcome to the farm. I hope you don't get eye strain, lots to read on here.

Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

Figured I would post an update. The girls seem to be rooting well with little top growth with I believe is a good thing( insert newb quote here) lol The only one that seems sad is the wedding cake. I'm going to get some water conditioner and PH control today. Then doing an all water feeding.

They are in FFHF 70* and about 30%-35% RH.

20220521 100655
20220521 100627
20220521 100606
20220521 100544
20220521 100509
20220521 100523
Heywood

Heywood

Just me, but that that point, I would put them into their final containers... like now.

Also, on your final containers, suspend/lift them up off of the saucers with something so they are not sitting in constant wetness.
I use like three 1"x 1" x 8" pieces of wood to lift mine up. A few days ago I saw where one of our growers here used plastic practice golf balls, which was genius.
I will do that on my next grow.

I am just curious as to what this white saucer thing is on this plant. That's what it was originally grown in?
Almost looks like a hydroponic collar.
At any rate, I would sink that totally down into the soil and cover it with soil so that you have a flat surface.
The way you have it now, when you water, your water will be deflected away out to the sides from where the root ball is forming.

What

Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

Just me, but that that point, I would put them into their final containers... like now.

Also, on your final containers, suspend/lift them up off of the saucers with something so they are not sitting in constant wetness.
I use like three 1"x 1" x 8" pieces of wood to lift mine up. A few days ago I saw where one of our growers here used plastic practice golf balls, which was genius.
I will do that on my next grow.

I am just curious as to what this white saucer thing is on this plant. That's what it was originally grown in?
Almost looks like a hydroponic collar.
At any rate, I would sink that totally down into the soil and cover it with soil so that you have a flat surface.
The way you have it now, when you water, your water will be deflected away out to the sides from where the root ball is forming.

View attachment 1246951
Thanks for the info! I'm going to do 1 more watering to let the roots grab some more soil, they were just in cubes a weed ago with the exception of the dosidos in the 2 gallon bag. She was in a solo cup.
The disc is just a thin piece of filter material. I left it on to keep the soil moist under the stem while the roots travel out.

I appreciate the confirmation that o need to lift them out of the tray. Golf balls is a killer idea!

Heywood

Heywood

I appreciate the confirmation that o need to lift them out of the tray. Golf balls is a killer idea!

I am stealing @StoopidGrower 's picture, but I don't think he'll mind. :)
I would use these rather than real golf balls. although you could do either.
I just like that these are lighter and cheaper.

One other bit of friendly advice then I am on my way...
Get some yellow-sticky-aphid traps and put one or two out near the plants to catch any flyer bugs that may inadvertently make it's way near the plants.

Also consider getting a pest control plan in place, just in case.
If you want to experience panic and helplessness - discover a thrip or spider mite infestation at week 6 of veg without having anything immediately on hand to eradicate them.

I personally like Capt Jacks Deadbug, (It's a Spinosad product) but do your research and find something you like and have it on hand.
Also practice good tent hygiene.. keep that floor clean of dirt and spills.

Good luck man! Welcome to the forum!

Golf Balls!
Golf balls

Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

I am stealing @StoopidGrower 's picture, but I don't think he'll mind. :)
I would use these rather than real golf balls. although you could do either.
I just like that these are lighter and cheaper.

One other bit of friendly advice then I am on my way...
Get some yellow-sticky-aphid traps and put one or two out near the plants to catch any flyer bugs that may inadvertently make it's way near the plants.

Also consider getting a pest control plan in place, just in case.
If you want to experience panic and helplessness - discover a thrip or spider mite infestation at week 6 of veg without having anything immediately on hand to eradicate them.

I personally like Capt Jacks Deadbug, (It's a Spinosad product) but do your research and find something you like and have it on hand.
Also practice good tent hygiene.. keep that floor clean of dirt and spills.

Good luck man! Welcome to the forum!

Golf Balls!
View attachment 1246961
All killer advice, I appreciate it! I learned a long time ago to listen to experience lol

Heywood

Heywood

Ah, here is another nugget of information.

Provided you make it through a couple of weeks of veg and these plants start getting tall and bushy, you will want to know at least how to properly prune them.
Maybe even supercrop them.

This video... do yourself a favor and watch it and bookmark it.
I have never done the "chiropractic" part, but I certainly always do pruning and sometimes supercropping if I have a taller strain growing.

Top Bottom