Hello from the N.E

• Thread starter Tyleraxis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

New member here. Just started growing this year... After lots of trial and error, and after buying Ed Rosenthal's cultivation guide; I have two beautiful females.

I have a grow box- its 36"L x 30"W x 38"H Im using 6- 2700k 2300 lumen CFL's with 2x 850 lumen white LED's on the sides. I have a inlet fan on the bottom and and outlet fan opposite side on top, it makes for a nice strong current that really blows and circulates through out the box and plants. Everything is lined with Mylar- and the top beneath the lights- is a piece of plexi glass so the leaf tips dont burn.

Soil is my own mix of- mulched leafs from years until now- horse manure, peat moss- and Organic Espona 20-20-20 fertilizer. Im using Peter's 20-20-20 garden feed when I water the plants- I also spray the leaves with a 20-20-20 mix and with distilled water as well.

The plants were sexed about 2.5 weeks ago. I pruned the grow tip only once, and Im up to 9-finger per leaf with much side branching occurring. I put them outside now since there too big for the box. I have them in a secure location from animals using- chicken wire, soap (the smell keeps animals and insects away) right now the plants are placed in direct sunlight from 6AM to 8PM.

As of now- I have a 72"x 38"x40" closet that I plan on converting into a Flowering closet. I got my hands on a 600w HPS light with ballast that I plan on using for primary light for the 12/12 light cycle. Also with that I plan on using 2x green CFL lights during the dark cycle. I read that UVB light created make the plant more potent in THC and the green light does not disrupt the dark period.

Anyway would love some extra tips and advice.

Here are some pics of my box- and plants

Hello from the ne
Hello from the ne 2
Plant onejpg
Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Here's the Veg box kepts on 24hr light and my HPS and closet

120704 123
120704 124
120704 125
120704 130
101231 138
101231 139
120702 118
joehank

joehank

Nice to meet ya! Does N.E. stand for New England, North East, or Nebraska ? As far as the UVB , you are correct that it does increase Trich production. But I would not use a green bulb for that. You can get a UVB reptile CFL bulb at most nearly any petshop. They are made for reptiles. I would also use it during your lights on cycle, not dark. For your closet I would stick to the CFL bulb. You may be tempted to go for the floodlamp UVB type, but it may create too much heat in your closet. Good luck.

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

New England. lol

I read in Ed Rosenthals book, that green CFL's during the night would work. What if I paired the reptile bulbs during the 12 on period and green during the dark period??

The closet is going to have 4 fans total to keep temps down and the ballast will be outside of the closet as well to help temps. I really think using an HPS will be better that only the 13,000 lumens I have in the veg box. right?

joehank

joehank

I personally would not put any kind of lights on during darkness, it's just too risky. There is research that has been done that says plants still go through a sort of photosynthesis with little to no light, but I never saw any specifics as to what spectrum they could be using. You can veg with your hps, but it might outgrow your space quickly. Hps is what you want for flowering.
I'm from RI....

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Im only gonna use the HPS for flowering and still use my CFL grow box for Veg. Ill find the section in my book to make it more clear about the green spectrum during the dark phase. NY resident

Top Bottom