Hello From The Pacific Northwest

• Thread starter geori
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geori

geori

First time grower.. Also first time being exposed to auto flowering plants.

I am about 6 weeks into this first grow.. There have been some trials and errors with lighting. Currently just using cfl's.. I do have a 400 w hps on the way. Probably going to switch to that and maybe toss a few of the cfl's around the lower part of the plants.

Started outside while in veg, after they started flowering, moved inside. Using 8 100w, 1700 lumen bulbs.

Started a regiment of Pure Blend Pro bloom formula..

Am a member on another forum, but found this forum that seems to be dedicated to auto flower growing. I have a hunch am going to be sticking with autos in the future as well, so may be nice to join a group dedicated to them..

Any hoo.... Might as well share a couple pic..

Hello from the pacific northwest

Hello from the pacific northwest 2

Hello from the pacific northwest 3

Hello from the pacific northwest 4

Hello from the pacific northwest 5

Hello from the pacific northwest 6

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello and welcome! Very nice introduction. :)

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Excellent looking run you have there! My one question though, why a 400w and not a 600w? 400w put out a hell of a lot of heat without nearly the penetration of a 600w. But if space is an issue, that's understandable.

Welcome!

One Love,
tobh

geori

geori

Excellent looking run you have there! My one question though, why a 400w and not a 600w? 400w put out a hell of a lot of heat without nearly the penetration of a 600w. But if space is an issue, that's understandable.

Welcome!

One Love,
tobh

After trying out a 1000 borrowed from a friend, that was just way to hot.. I managed to contact the eBay seller before they mailed it and swapped to a 600..
Then after that, due to following another growers progress with the use of 250's, I ordered a 400.. Would have gone with the same 250, but my ballast won't work..

Being completely new to this, my hope was that the 400 would be noticeably cooler than the 1000 I tried. Newbie trial and errors !

As for penetration, shaded areas the 400 can't get, the plan is to add a few cfl's in and around as needed..

13 Seeds

13 Seeds

Nice CFL grow, I think most start their first grow CFL. I wish I had. My first was with a 1000 watt MH with no cooltube. I planted my WW clones in dwc buckets drop the light down to a foot away from plants, no fan- the room was at 75.. No issues with heat I thought. I left for work then class after work spent the night at friends Finally came home the next night to WHITE WIDOWS. The chloroplast was gone and they were bleached lol, I can laugh now but I was heartbroken 20 years ago. I decided to purchase a growing book and strive to become a professional. On your CFL grow all looks good accept air flow and slightly high N levels. I say air levels because your leaves are looking lazy

geori

geori

On your CFL grow all looks good accept air flow and slightly high N levels. I say air levels because your leaves are looking lazy

Thank you for the reply ...

A couple of days ago I did make a change in my room... Took them completely out of an enclosure, and now have them in the open air with a whole lot better circulation..

Got lucky... Trading the hood, and 1000 w hp for two, 250 w with ballasts today.. They will be perfect.. The plan is to use the 250's, and place a couple of cfl's as needed around the sides/bottoms.

Apparently they are a "cool" type bulb.. Not entirely sure how close I would place a 250 from the tops..

Maybe less than a foot ??

By the way.. Your first grow story sounds like something I would also have cried like a little bitch over, and like you, then laugh about it later..

Top Bottom