Hello from the PNW

• Thread starter ColasQueen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ColasQueen

Hi all,
Just on my third crop, only kush now. Learning a ton of new info and really apreciate the feedback I have received from fellow farners.
Have a lot of questions in regards to trimming prior to flipping. I only trim up to day 9 in flower and would love to hear others regime.
I now only allow 4-6 main branches tied to the sides of the bucket and have increased my haul by at least 50%.
Currently i have two table, one I have trimmed back to only allow the top to grow, taking off all fingerlings and baby branches.
The other table I have left some of the fingerlings- I just am tired of getting scruff buds (little ones not worth trimming).
Trying to get some photos posted...
ColasQueen

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

....welcome....from a fellow PNW'r...541 reppin...as far as trimmin goes, i just gut out the bottom third(about) of the plant and thin out the inside of the uppers...definitely puts focus and energy on the plants canopy, where it should be. More weight, easier bigger thicker buds, no under larfy bullsh_t to mess with....sounds like your doing ok...any questions feel free to holla,....Qwon

C

ColasQueen

Thanks Massqwon, I've uploaded some photos......my clones are acting weird this go around, all branches sprouted from the same place at base of stalk. Doesn't seem to be a negative effect, just odd. I have also posted photos of each of my two tables, one I only allowed the main branch tips to grow and on the other, I've allowed some fingerlings. Thinking I should get rid of all fingerling branches and just allow the mian ones to grow - your thoughts? (photos are in my gallery - still learning how to upload here :-|

saldiado

saldiado

If your growing some og kush then it really helps during the stretch to pinch the stems(supercropping). It allows for more main colas to grow, and really helps it to bush out, and control the stretch.

C

ColasQueen

Appreciate the wisdom Saldiado, to be clear I understand, pinch back all new growth except for tops?
Since I am 2 days in flower, it is my understanding that I can trim until day 9 with no adverse effects. I'm doing it in stages as to not shock the hell out of the gyrlz and possibly have a set-back.
Pinching back now on the table I have let grow (have removed leaves and new growth first third of plant) seems like it would be a lot...I will post photos of the ones I have trimmed back and the ones I have not - would be great to hear what your advice is for how i proceed, thinking to trim off all smaller branches and just leaving the top so it is the same as the table that I have been trimming off all new growth. Sorry if I sound redundant here, but I'm concerned that the top colas will be small if I keep trimming off new growth, am I way of base here?

Supercropped 2 dats into flower
2 day in flower Only bottom third trimmed off
New branches on Only bottom third trimmed off
Should I keep trimming off new growth   2 days into flower on supercropped
Bottom third removed 2 days into flower
No supercropping   just bottom third removed 2 days into flower
Strong new branches on Only bottom third trimmed off
T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
welcome from another local.... Good job on the air layering for the first time. You will learn that how much to trim and where will be strain dependent.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
CQ, not pinch back, pinch to make it bend. Supercropping means that you pinch the stems so they can be bent down. You do not want to pinch them off.

Ask around about pistil-whipping. It's a technique where you remove all the future budsites, and has to be done more than once (because they'll try to regrow those sites). Done properly you get BOMB main colas/buds.

P.S. Trimming doesn't shock them unless they're basically defoliated.

J

Ju Ju Farms

Welcome ;] good luck with your grows i will be tuning in

Latest posts

Top Bottom