Hello, have some trouble with these autos...

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Ok so I have 5 autos in 3 gallon pots, in canna coco coir(30% pearlite). Im feeding GH flora series at about 50% as well as ClaMag at 50%. Around 650 to 700ppm. I use purified or distilled water but I just bought a RO buddie that I'm hooking up tonight. For the 1st month or so these were under a 560w pull blurple box light. For the past few days they have been under HLG 600Rspec in a 5x5x6 tent 24/7. I feed daily to approx 20% runoff. Until last night they had a 395 cfm inline fan. I upgraded to 700cfm and I'm running it around 550 or 600.
These have looked kinda droopy and some new growth looks twisted and spindley. I think I may have had my light too low on them before possibly. Is that the most likely cause? A couple of these I've had problems from the beginning like looking overwatered but they re in coco. Thry always came back from it but still not sure because until recently the others looked great. Any advice welcome. Thanks! Any more info needed lmk plz.

Hello have some trouble with these autos
Hello have some trouble with these autos 2
Hello have some trouble with these autos 3
Hello have some trouble with these autos 4
Hello have some trouble with these autos 5
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Keep the feeds low. Typical auto problems.
24hrs on stresses them bad, switch to 18.
my guess is your watering has been inconsistent. Too little. Then too much. Causing ph swings in the coco, causing uptake issues.
Do a ph slurry to confirm.
I would do a flush feeding on the next water.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

my guess is your watering has been inconsistent. Too little. Then too much. Causing ph swings in the coco, causing uptake issues.
I'll do a slurry test tomorrow but I checked the runoff and it's like .1 higher on the ph and 150 lower on the ppm. Just finished setting up my RO buddie so I can do a proper flush as well. My watering has been consistent though. Same time of day every day. Increasing volume as they take more. This is my 1st coco run and 4th all together but if I didn't learn anything before it was watering/feeding consistency. What ppm would you suggest or % to directions for photos? Thanks!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I was a dedicated auto grower and have since found photos to to be more forgiving and better for us inexperienced growers, just my opinion

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
How far away is the hlg and is it 100%? That’s a huge change in light for sure. Do you have a light meter? If not download an app from your App Store.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

How far away is the hlg and is it 100%? That’s a huge change in light for sure. Do you have a light meter? If not download an app from your App Store.
It's about 24 inches off canopy now. Yes it's at 100%. No I don't have a light meter. What exactly am I looking for?

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
It's about 24 inches off canopy now. Yes it's at 100%. No I don't have a light meter. What exactly am I looking for?

You can download one from the App Store. The one I use is Kortana, the LED option is like 4 bucks but really worth it. Android has one too but I don’t know the name of it.

it explains how to use it, use a piece of copy paper over the front camera lens, I’d be shooting for 20-30k Lux at the canopy until they recover.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Autoflowers at not for beginners. Not forgiving. Any stress affects yields greatly.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
If you flush, don’t push RO through the coco, without added nutrients.
I would plan on doing 500ppm waterings for the next 2 with 30% runoff, instead of a heavy flush.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Well it seems my PH meter went out on my and I didn't realize. Calibration solution and new meter came in today. Waiting to get off work to see my findings...

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Why is this? Because it's coco?
It apparently messes with the buffering capability of the coco , I was suggesting a heavy runoff nutrient flush. 500ppm.

Well it seems my PH meter went out on my and I didn't realize. Calibration solution and new meter came in today. Waiting to get off work to see my findings...

Once you get the results, you can adjust the ph accordingly for your flush feeding.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Autoflowers at not for beginners. Not forgiving. Any stress affects yields greatly.

Also this is suuuper true. Auto flowers have gained a lot of popularity lately but really are not the easiest to grow for the inexperienced. Nothing wrong with spending some time on an easier to grow strain to really get your experience in different media.

You absolutely can overwater coco. Any soilless media has the capability to be overwatered :)

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

It apparently messes with the buffering capability of the coco , I was suggesting a heavy runoff nutrient flush. 500ppm.

Once you get the results, you can adjust the ph accordingly for your flush feeding.
Well what I'm reading now tells me for a week or 2 they were getting 6.7 ph
to 7.0 Ph so should I drop it to like 5.5 or is that too much for them now?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Way to much light for 24/7 at 2ft 100% way way to much... in addition to what was said above. I would drop to 18/6 under that intensity. Even that may be to much after looking it up at 100% you prob best off about 30" 18/6.

Under normal flower 24" @ 100% would be good and that 12/12 lighting. 24/7 you dam near double what most will handle. I'm surprised they look this good

Last edited:
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Way to much light for 24/7 at 2ft 100% way way to much... in addition to what was said above. I would drop to 18/6 under that intensity. Even that may be to much after looking it up at 100% you prob best off about 30" 18/6.

Under normal flower 24" @ 100% would be good and that 12/12 lighting. 24/7 you dam near double what most will handle. I'm surprised they look this good
Oh wow. Had no idea. Thanks!

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

The main reason I had them in 24 was because I was having temperature issues but its warming up now. Starting that tomorrow. Thanks again.

Top Bottom