Hello! New To The Forum 3 Year Coco Grower

• Thread starter TooDabbed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TooDabbed

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. Toodabbed :P
I've been growing in coco for a long time and all of a sudden seem to be experiencing some issues. I did a lot of reading on Canna nutes on this forum and have learned a lot!
I hope to meet some great growers and learn lots!

Currently:

Compressed coco coir (beyond peat-5kg 10$cdn) flushed like hell first with 2ml/gal final phase then hot hot water then ph'd 5.7 tap water)
1k x 4x4x6.5
435 cfm exhaust from the cool tube
2 x 400 watt hps in an 8x4x6.5
Jungle Juice Coco 2 part grow and bloom ( currently 4 ml a+b week 4 veg /gal )
Botanicare PH Down 0-15-0 (roughly 1.75ml/gal to hit between 5.7-5.9 ph on my crappy not calibrated in a year ph pen)
No E.C. / TDS meter yet but on its way
Big Bud Coco (8ml/gal) in flower of course
Overdrive (5ml/gal) in flower
Final Phase (8ml/gal) not ph'd and tap water
I currently use tap water not R.O.

Next Thursday:

Canna Coco (50L + 18L perilite)
Canna Coco Nutrients A+B
Canna Coco P-K
Calimagic

Any suggestions here? Anything Un-necessary?

To start I believe I killed the buffer on my coco when I flushed it over and over and over causing some major cal/mag issues because the coco is drawing from my base nutrients. I lost multiple seedlings because of this and because of the hours and hours of research I think this started a major issue.

In flower I've been experiencing lower yields tons of burning and so on
basically before I started flushing my coco (years ago) I had amazing meds, now garbage....

-Canna coco is pre-washed pre buffered ph neutral around 5.5 and ready to just transplant into?
If thats the case I'll buy this coco for 30$cdn a 50l bag

-I have read a lot about a lot of growers just using Canna Coco A+B start to harvest, is that at 100% the amount stated to use on the bottle? A lot of growers are saying around 10ml/gal straight through the grow is where its at?

-If I switch from tap water to R.O. will I need a cal/mag sup like calimagic? If I reduce from 4ml/gal to 1 ml a gal is less Cannacoco A+B needed or is the full dose every watering required?

-Should I be watering and allowing my usual 30+% runoff every other day like I would normally or should I not allow runoff?and be watering every single day?

-Would using AN Big Bud coco fuck things up with Canna coco A+B?

-I'm seeing something about Dripclean and not allowing runoff?

Any help to improve the state of my garden and medicine before I spend a bunch of money again would be amazing!!

Thanks guys

Dabbed

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Hi there. Welcome to the farm. You might get more response if you post on the hydro growing section or the cannabis infirmary.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Hi and welcome to the Farm..

basically before I started flushing my coco (years ago) I had amazing meds, now garbage....
KISS
You asked so many questions I say go back to where you started ,, basics..
If it works and it should, then change or add one thing at a time..

I've been in coco for over a decade.. Coco does vary..
I don't flush coco, I soak it in hot tap water 24 hours and soak it again..
I use compressed baled coco and the salt content does vary..

My opinion and hope it helps..

M

mulehunter

KISS

Yea buddy!

M

mulehunter

KISS

Coco joe what nute line do you use

T

TooDabbed

Wow guys thanks for the great replies!!
I have had amazing success with Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow / Bloom A+B in the past so I am going to switch back to Sensi Grow possibly the coco line along with some calimagic and use the brand new 1L bottles of Big Bud Coco Overdrive and Final Phase that I bought last month since AN isn't interested in fulfilling their 100% money back gurantee. I know their nutes are good shit if used properly from personal experience, however, calling them, emailing them, having their reps ask for info and pictures and then not getting in touch with you at all and their bullshit overmarketing and overbottling is a bullshit experience!

I used some Millenium Soil 650g coco bricks, pre-washed, pre-buffered, transplanted my 2 kings kush and dream machine and they fucking loved it so it was the fact I stripped my buffer and my ph is out that has been botching my crops. Im gonna get an E.C. meter a new PH pen and stick with AN till the bottles are up then full Canna line FTW!

organix4207

organix4207

I am very new to coco myself and used the botanicare large compressed brick. They claim it is pre rinsed but I rinsed with ph corrected warm tap water anyways. Then I soaked for 24 hours in a 1/4 strength nute , 5 ml/ gal cal mag solution ph'd at 5.7.
After the soaking I mix 60/40 with diatomite and ready to rock !! nutes I am using Cana aqua & full line with general organics cal / mag. I also feed them a bennie tea once a week. I would have used canna coco nutes except had 23 litre jugs given to me by a friend of the aqua.
I feed my girls at 700 ppm
Cal / mag at 2 ml /gal every feed
I feed small amounts every day with run off .
So far girls are very happy and loving the coco life.
Peace , love and Positive vibes
Welcome to the farm"ily"

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Welcome to the farm.
Bestof luck.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm, it looks like these other cats are gonna get you dialed in with a quickness.

J Bleezy

J Bleezy

I use botanicare bales. I don't flush them or anything crazy, just hydrate them with the same solution I use on my vegging plants and pot them.
So, nute burn is the problem you're having? That doesn't sound like a coco issue. I use H&G coco nutrients with their feeding schedule (with a little tweak here and there) and only one strain I've grown has ever shown N toxicity. I don't add any calmag and have been fine.

greenboot

greenboot

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. Toodabbed :p
I've been growing in coco for a long time and all of a sudden seem to be experiencing some issues. I did a lot of reading on Canna nutes on this forum and have learned a lot!
I hope to meet some great growers and learn lots!

Currently:

Compressed coco coir (beyond peat-5kg 10$cdn) flushed like hell first with 2ml/gal final phase then hot hot water then ph'd 5.7 tap water)
1k x 4x4x6.5
435 cfm exhaust from the cool tube
2 x 400 watt hps in an 8x4x6.5
Jungle Juice Coco 2 part grow and bloom ( currently 4 ml a+b week 4 veg /gal )
Botanicare PH Down 0-15-0 (roughly 1.75ml/gal to hit between 5.7-5.9 ph on my crappy not calibrated in a year ph pen)
No E.C. / TDS meter yet but on its way
Big Bud Coco (8ml/gal) in flower of course
Overdrive (5ml/gal) in flower
Final Phase (8ml/gal) not ph'd and tap water
I currently use tap water not R.O.

Next Thursday:

Canna Coco (50L + 18L perilite)
Canna Coco Nutrients A+B
Canna Coco P-K
Calimagic

To start I believe I killed the buffer on my coco when I flushed it over and over and over causing some major cal/mag issues because the coco is drawing from my base nutrients. I lost multiple seedlings because of this and because of the hours and hours of research I think this started a major issue.

-Canna coco is pre-washed pre buffered ph neutral around 5.5 and ready to just transplant into?
If thats the case I'll buy this coco for 30$cdn a 50l bag

-I have read a lot about a lot of growers just using Canna Coco A+B start to harvest, is that at 100% the amount stated to use on the bottle? A lot of growers are saying around 10ml/gal straight through the grow is where its at?

-If I switch from tap water to R.O. will I need a cal/mag sup like calimagic? If I reduce from 4ml/gal to 1 ml a gal is less Cannacoco A+B needed or is the full dose every watering required?

-Should I be watering and allowing my usual 30+% runoff every other day like I would normally or should I not allow runoff?and be watering every single day?

-Would using AN Big Bud coco fuck things up with Canna coco A+B?

-I'm seeing something about Dripclean and not allowing runoff?

Any help to improve the state of my garden and medicine before I spend a bunch of money again would be amazing!!

Thanks guys

Dabbed
welcome to the farm… first of all,, i am a religious canna user.. canna coco is ready to plant no questions asked .. my ph during feeding is always at 6.2 from beginning of veg till end of bloom chop.. i use the full canna (coco) line along with calmag from botannicare,, i use milagrams to gallons rather than tds. i also go by the feeding schedule on there website which is customized based off the size of your specific reservior and based off the size of your plants … ,, They show you the light feeding schedule and amounts to use for small plants as well as a heavy feeding schedule (for large baby tree size plants).. it's amazingly gentle on your plants as they aren't easily burnt by this line, so you can push them a bit if you choose to.. a little pricey for the canna boost but the quality and yields make it all worth the money spent.. to.. it's really hard to get bad results using this line.. any bloom boosters i would use extremely sparingly during weeks 5 until flush as they aren't as necessary as when using other lines.. oh,, and yes,, 20% runoff is what i do…i flush with only water and cannazyme last two weeks before chop… you won't look at any other product after that…. …

Top Bottom